Kathy Wakile Cannoli Kit Overpriced!

December 9, 2012 |By Continue Reading

While I love me some Cannoli’s, I thought I’d go check out Kathy Wakile’s Cannoli Kit online and quite possibly order me some to try it out! I googled “Cannoli Kit” and came across some cannoli kit’s from Costco! But before I get to that, I went to Kathy’s official site and saw that I could get a 24-piece gourmet Cannoli kit for 45 dollars! On top of that, it’s on sale and the regular price is $54.25!

So I went back to the cannoli kit from Costco that looks exactly the same and is 24-pieces as well and it was 8 dollars! Just 8 bucks! And they have killer ratings! I hate when housewives come up with something and over price it so I thought I’d point this one out!

Will you be purchasing Kathy’s Cannoli Kit?!

Tags: , , ,

Category: Kathy Wakile, RHONJ

Monika
Monika
2 years 13 days ago

I shelled out the 50 bucks. Got nothing…no product, no shipping. Sent a dozen emails with only one “we will look into it” reply! Had to track them down on FB to finally get a call back. Made up email excuses, offered to get me a new order. Got again no more call backs. Weeks later I got my paypal money refunded but, didnt have the product for my daughters party. Waste of time ! Hands down one of the worst in customer service. Ill just make my own damn cannolis. More reliable

KGunter67
KGunter67

Very nicely put. I can’t stand bashers. It’s not easy keeping things in perspective when you’re on a show like that. Her and Caroline both have represented their families well. Very proud. Would love to have friends like them here in AR. . 🙂

Sarah
Sarah
3 years 1 month ago

I love Kathy but would not pay that when I can get the most amazing Cannolis from Calandras. Everyone in north Jersey knows that.

Stephanie (evsmom)
Stephanie (evsmom)

I was at a Christmas party last week- end and they had the Costco $8.00 cannolis there. I will say they were pretty good! Of course not as good as homemade but good. I agree with you Roxy why pay $45 to $54 for Kathy’s when you can get them for $8 bucks. You’d be foolish townsite your money on a kit!

Blondie
Blondie

I don’t think its disrespectful as I wash my IMPORTANT PARTS [wac tweet] everyday. If you keep yourself clean you would not smell like fish.

Right? They can learn from Phaedra on Atlanta, LOL

I’m no Kathy fan, but I think the fish jokes are ridiculous. Many of you are disgusted by the comment but you continue to repeat it. It’s disrepectful to all women.

jerseygirl
jerseygirl

It’s disrespectful to KATHY, not all women. That is quite a leap.

Personally I think it gets repeated, because it is her own husband who disrespected her, at a business meeting (!!). Every time the comment gets made it’s a reminder of how vile and disrespectful her husband is. This comment is on Richie, not us. Well that’s how I feel anyway.

Also it is such a repulsive thought that when I read a comment about her, um, katfish, I lose my appetite and it helps me stick to a healthy diet! So I love it!!

Lysa
Lysa

You are so right jersey girl, I also lose my appetite and it makes me so sick that i would never buy any food item’s that Kathy is trying to sell.

I think the comments are disrepectful to all women, no matter how many people post about it.

Just because there’s a band wagon to jump on doesn’t make it right.

This should be directed to Rich Wakile.. Joe Gi already got hit up for his words on the show, by Andy Cohen, twitter, blogs, etc… While I agree some things are disrespectful, its out of my hands. And some them are fitting and funny.

You can think it’s disrepectful to women, thats your opinion.

Not everyone sees it your way. They are making jokes thats all, it’s not that serious!

Yes, it’s not that serious.

TeamLilKim
TeamLilKim

SO, You MAD !

I’m not mad. I just don’t think they’re funny. The same way I don’t think c*** jokes about Tre are funny.

If you directed your comment to me..

Hello No, I’m not mad! I think the fish jokes are funny!

Do you know how ,many people post about that? A ton on every goosip site that writes about Jersey.
Kathy will never live down what her husband said about her.

Thats the thing- her Hubby is the one who created this mess! He really opened the door to this.. whether its right or wrong for us to continue it is irrelevant . Her husband should have watched his mouth.. but why would he do that when he was able to degrade Teresa with his so called jokes and the lesbians? PFFFT…

Yes, Rich originally made the comment, edited or not.

Do you think people should refer to Tre as a c***? Her husband,edited or not, called her one.

Yes, I know people do make c*** comments and I see the replies to those comments.

Umm, yes rhfan, especially on here they have! It is what it is…

They do/ Have.

Rich said his wife tastes like fish or whatever he said.

People ar going off making jokes.

Joe called Teresa a c***

People are going off making jokes.

So what?? Big deal.

gossip

flowers
flowers

Never would I order anything from this coat rider or from the witch Meho.

Victoria Veney
Victoria Veney
I wouldn’t buy them if they only cost $1.00 because I dont like what her and her husband did to family just to be on a reality show for fame!! How is that workin for you Kathy? Family dont mean nothing to Kathy and Melissa and that’s why they will never be anything or have anything inless they steal it like there all doing now! And Im not looking forward to S5 at all Im not going to watch the bullying and all the ganging up on one person the 1st episode I see like that I will turn the… Read more »
cantfakeit
cantfakeit

I wish her luck although I do not like how she is on the show. I would not buy because of the price.

DJ
DJ

I bought a big bag of cannoli filling at the bakery in Shoprite of Oakland (NJ) for $4.95 yesterday. It was fresh and delicious. They also have the homemade shells there too. The baker said I could even freeze the filling.

I wish her luck, but $50 is really expensive for 24 MINI cannolis.

September24
September24

She would have been better off selling her desserts locally first and not nationally.

Maybe her shells and filling are awesome and they are worth the price but she doesn’t have the following/fans/viewers to care enough about her – which she brought upon herself.

reddvette
reddvette

Katfish is selling. Her baked goods at the Frownstone.

I don’t think anyone locally was interested.. remember they went to old neighborhood baker where she grew up in Patterson? I think the local bakeries may be offended to have a cannoli kit, when they make all of their cannoli fresh daily.

jewishevileye
jewishevileye

I honestly feel bad for Kathy. I think pre-Melissa she was likely a mostly good person. I also think she did not fit in to the rhonj world and is doing the best she can although her behavior at the reuion was awful. I truly wish Kathy and Teresa could reconcile and kick Melissa to the curb like the garbage she will always be. That woman, Mego has destroyed a family in more than a couple directions and decade long friendships. They all need to see Melissa for the coniving witch she is.

AnnieB
AnnieB

Unfortunately, another blog implies that Teresa will have another bad edit this season and Kathy Is not in T’s court. My take on this, if the gossip stands as true – and if Teresa does not see the writing on the wall (Bravo edits) I will find it difficult to support her. We all know Bravo producers play an active part in what the viewer sees – and if Teresa allows another season like we just witnessed – then there is something rotten in Denmark – my source is Fame…

etta
etta

Anger like Kathy`s takes practice.Bet you Rosie could tell you stories that would make Mel look like a bitch in training.

Free Kroy
Free Kroy

Jarlath
Jarlath

I’m sorry but Kathy’s cannoli kit has star power, something that genetic kit does not have!

On a serious note, I congratulate Kathy for maintaing her storyline while the cameras are NOT rolling. Maybe Melissa should take a cue from her with her fictitious singing career which she only mentions when the cameras are there and even then barely.

Jarlath
Jarlath

Please include a link to her website! She needs people to buy this crap so that she can afford some more surgery. Come on folks, it’s the season for giving!

Honnie Badger
Honnie Badger

Seriously, why the F*CK would I want a tunafish cannoli kit?

Helen Wheels
Helen Wheels

Here’s an opportunity to study at the feet of a master.

For me the choice is simple. Ignore the insultingly overpriced (talk about naked/unbridled greed) “kit” and get to the same end by way of a much more economical and fun way.

To paraphrase the immortal Clemenza, “…leave the “kit”; take the cannoli.”

Hey Helen 🙂 I just peeked the video, she is cute!! Good little recipe. Its funny to see what other people use for ingredients. Mostly all the same except for one or two things. Thanks for sharing!

It’s all about how your family has made them,( just like she said) there really is no right or wrong way. Just your way.

anomnomnom
anomnomnom

The cost is so high bc you’re really just paying for a fancy sounding name. Look at the name, now look at the QVC picture, look at the name, look at the picture. The 2 don’t go together. Fancy to plain. Glitter to dull. Perrier to blk. Just stuck some cannolis on a plate with no presentation at all.

Kylie
Kylie

She and her husband are poor. That’s what poor people do. They try and rip people off! Cannolis aren’t even an every person thing like chocolate covered strawberries or something universal like that. And when have you ever heard of someone spending $50 for a BAKING item? Ridiculous.

Kevin
Kevin

Well since I live in the UK no lol

Kevin
Kevin

Well since I live the UK no lol

Tre
Tre

Anonymousey
Anonymousey

I’m Italian, and there is no way in hell that I would buy Kathy’s cannoli’s when I can make my own for alot cheaper.

Stephanie
Stephanie

Yeah…pass.

I will buy mine from authentic Italian local bakeries.

Kath is so desperate…

Champ-ion

hehehe – I knew I smelt a rat, hunny lol

Annie
Annie

Hell no I won’t buy it!

Paul, UK
Paul, UK

Well, I live in the UK so I’m not really sure how the dollar compares to the English pound. If the dollar is the exact same as a pound then I think that is a ridiculous amount of money to spend. I doubt anyone would buy it over here for that price…

I have purchased two of Teresa’s cookbook and I have made her Holy Cannoli Cupcakes – they are amazing!!!

TheMrs
TheMrs

I think a USD is about 60% of a GBP

kpasta
kpasta

I just looked on the QVC website. This product is packed in DRY ICE, which explains the cost. When I order fresh croissants or other food from Williams Sonoma, Dean and Delucca or Sur la Table, a lot of the cost is for fresh food packaging. For a fact, if you did want fresh cannoli, you cannot get them in Califonia wine country- so mail order it is.

socalsoccer
socalsoccer

Sounds like Kpasta wastes quite a bit of money on mail order food.

TheMrs
TheMrs

Hey guys be fair. Kpasta is what we call a foodie. Everyone likes something and apparently her thing is very fine food. If she’s in wine country I can see how she spends that cash on great food fresh from another coast (or as fresh as it can be). From you guys reactions I would die before I told you how much I’ve spent on some food. It wasn’t cheap but it was DIVINE!!!

Indigo
Indigo

I consider myself a foodie as well, and spend good $ on good food. Foodies would never buy cannolis off of QVC. They would spend the money to travel to a place known for their fresh, homemade cannolis and eat them there, and then order from that place and have it shipped to them from then on afterwards. Just sayin’.

socalsoccer
socalsoccer

I don’t really care how much anyone spends on food or anything else. I was just an observation. Dry ice has nothing to do with the QVC price.

socalsoccer
socalsoccer

Typo. It

mzjulesaz
mzjulesaz

The only thing I order that requires dry ice is the cheese chunks my hubby uses for his homemade summer sausage. The shipping is nuts (though that is included in Kathy’s, but the dry ice might not be there anymore) and we only order in the winter as I live in Phoenix.

Sure does @ social

Geeze!!

kpasta
kpasta
kpasta would NEVER EAT cannoli. Northern Italians, do not consider that Italian food. Further, as I do make my own pasta, sausage, wine, prociutto, pesto, have a garden etc., I know all about food. What I do not know is how you women think you are experts, when clearly, there is a market for this kind of food, AND Kathy has found her spot- which all of you do not like, because it is her. So go ahead, and stick to Teresa’s prosecco and fake juice, and those famous cook books. I find it transparent that you buy things and… Read more »
MOMMAHURLEY
MOMMAHURLEY
Fake Cookbooks> ? Exactly how do you Fake a cookbook. The recipies are either great! Or they’re not! And all of hers are great, and obviously made the OLD ITALIAN way. I’m northern italian as well, and I recognize a lot of things in her cooking from the way my grandmother and mother cooked. Sure, in the north we don’t use as much Oregano, we use Thyme and Rosemary, Italian Parsley and Garlic… other than that, her recipies are completely authentic, and since we see her mother, mother in law and herself making these things for years on the show… Read more »

LOL. socal

socalsoccer
socalsoccer

Kpasta, you are obviously the expert since you know “all about food.” Blah, blah, blah.

Mail order is not it!!

You want fresh?? Make them!

I know of no Italian that would ever ever mail order Cannoli…Yuck!

kpasta
kpasta
Obviously, she had marketing people and the company who backs her determine the price point. QVC, the retail giant, felt there was a need as well. Just as Teresa’s books were paperback, again marketing, and the money behind them didn’t think a hardback would be as profitable. Costco buys in bulk, and can sell the same thing under another name at a discount. The point is, I don’t want Teresa’s tacky cookbooks, or Kathy’s southern italian cannolis, but a lot of people do, and these things sell. So, just because you don’t care for Kathy, and I think all the… Read more »
Happy day
Happy day

To be quite honest, more than 95% of the Housewives products and books have bombed big time, with Teresa and Bethany both the very big exception. Jac and Caroline’s products, purses, teeth whitening have bombed and that is one of the reasons they were so jealous of Tre’s success. Just because Kathy launched the product does not make it successful as of yet. It is TBD at this point.

lifetimemovie
lifetimemovie

The Housewives who are successful in business are popular with the fans. Kathy is a minor part of the show, and she’s boring. STRIKE ONE.

Her product can be found in Costco for 8 dollars instead of 54 dollars. STRIKE TWO

Whenever you see her, you think of rotten fish. STRIKE THREE SHE’S OUT!

lifetime- great comment! That about sums catfish up 🙂

caramelapple
caramelapple

i know that’s right , honey child, everytime i see kathy i think of richie’s yella teeth, stall fish, preparing food with no gloves and hair in your food.

mzjulesaz
mzjulesaz

Don’t forget “woodie” in the morning ….. ewww. That man is disgusting.

Prettypinkie
Prettypinkie

I so agree, LOL

Debbie
Debbie

I know for a fact that you can order a box of 50 shells for only 12.00 and making the filling is one of the easiest recipes. I have done it

Dubbalicious
Dubbalicious

Damn iPad. Meant to say, I hate to say this but….