Braunwyn Windham-Burke is putting the Real Housewives of Orange County behind her and her marriage to husband Sean Burke.
The recently fired OC Housewife announced that she and Sean are separating during an Instagram Live on Monday night. The two still plan to co-parent their seven children together.
The couple is attempting a “trial run separation” for the summer. This means that Braunwyn will take the kids to live in Hawaii for the rest of summer while Sean rents a place in Newport Beach. Sean’s new digs happened to be owned by a friend of Braunwyn’s girlfriend, Fernanda Rocha.
“We are packing up this house, the one we filmed in last year, and we are moving,” Braunwyn said. “We have decided jointly that we are going to take a few months apart.”
Braunwyn and Sean renewed their vows after 20 years of marriage during season 15 of RHOC. Months later, in December 2020, Braunwyn came out as gay.
At the time, she insisted that she and Sean had no plans to divorce
However, on Monday night, Braunwyn said they are now “putting our children first.”
“What we are doing right now is really healthy for them. I am taking my kids for six or seven weeks, and when they come back, they will have a place at their father’s,” she said.
Sean added that Kauai is “like a second home” to their family. He also noted that if the summer goes well, they may buy a house in Hawaii where the kids will live, and take turns living there with them.
“We really want to do what’s best for us — we are family, we’ve been together for 26 years,” she said. “That’s a lot, and that’s something we don’t want to minimize — we want to honor that. I think having some space right now will give us some clarity.”
As for Sean, he said he’s “excited about getting my own place” and “figuring out the rest of our lives.”
RHOC is expected to return for season 16 in late 2021 or early 2022.
Are you surprised by this news? Sound off below!
Source: Page Six