Aspiring supermodel Miranda Vee has officially filed a police report alleging that Mohamed Hadid and Paul Marciano sexually assaulted her.
According to Page Six, Miranda spoke to police on Tuesday night after hiring Lisa Bloom as her attorney.
“She filed a police report alleging sexual assault against both Paul Marciano and Mohamed Hadid. We went to the LAPD headquarters in downtown Los Angeles,” Bloom told Page Six.
“We sat with two detectives for about two hours,” Bloom continued. “She answered all of their questions. They asked us not to speak with the press about any of the allegations nor the details.”
“It’s disappointing that such an iconic women’s brand @GUESS is still empowering Paul Marciano as their creative director,” Kate tweeted. “He shouldn’t be allowed to use his power in the industry to sexually and emotionally harass women #metoo.”
Marciano, the founder of GUESS, has denied Kate’s claim, stating, “I have never touched Kate Upton, I have never been alone with Kate Upton. I have never acted inappropriately towards her.”
“Thank you @kateupton; it is time people like @paulmarciano & @mohamedhadid get exposed for who they really are! I met with Paul at his @guess headquarters that is actually a apartment where he sexually harassed me & after that passed me on to his friend [Mohamed] who was going to meet me for ‘coffee,’” Miranda captioned the Instagram post.
“I thought it was a professional meeting, but It was just me, him & champagne where he date raped me in a apartment. All to get a test shoot for Guess.Last year when I [tried] to speak out about it, they found out & made me sign a NON-disclosure agreement & I only agreed to sign because paul threatened me & said he would get me disappeared if I ever say anything. #TIMESUP Why should we have to stay quiet because they have the power? #METOO.”
However, Mohamed, who is the father to uber-famous models Gigi and Bella Hadid, and ex-husband of former Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Yolanda Hadid, initially denied Miranda’s claims and continues to do so.
Mohamed spoke about Miranda’s claims on Monday just before his daughters walked in the Anna Sui show for New York Fashion Week, telling the New York Post’s Alev Aktar:
“It’s dead. The story is gone so it’s just a false accusation. I feel they are right [about #metoo] and they should change the culture of any industry. I have four daughters so I am very respectful toward women and I understand all this, but at the same time, there are a lot of false accusations that are damaging to certain people. In general, I think that women should stand up and speak out.”
“I’m not in the business of modeling. I’m not in the industry. I don’t have anyone [models] to hire – ladies – so that’s why I’m very upset with it. She [Vee] kind of followed the #metoo movement for a case that did not exist.”
“I’m not here to hurt anyone,” Hadid continued.“Sadly, it’s a false accusation. What do I get out of it? I don’t think I can pursue it for financial gains. My name definitely will clear up. I have kids and I have grandkids and I want to make sure that they know that these are all false accusations.”
Yikes, this is one messy situation. I think I’m going to take a page of out Mohamed’s fiancé Shiva Safai’s book and keep my lips sealed.
Thoughts on the charges against Mohamed? Are you surprised Miranda Vee went to the police and hired Lisa Bloom? Do you believe this accusation against Mohamed is false? What do you think of Mohamed’s statement from Monday? Sound off below!
Follow the AllAboutTRH Podcast on iTunes & Soundcloud – Remember to Rate, Comment & Subscribe!