SUR is on fire but not in a good way.
The restaurant that is the home to Bravo’s Vanderpump Rules caught fire yesterday and caused some major damage to the West Hollywood staple.
According to the LAPD, “a fire broke out in the electrical room at Sur last night, causing approximately $50,000 worth of damage. “
While no one was hurt, Lisa Vanderpump admits it was a close call.
“The fire actually started in the electrical section of the building that Sur shares with Chrome Hearts. There were a lot of people in the building at the time and luckily a busboy smelled smoke and was able to get to the fire before it got worse, “ Lisa told Radar Online.
So, who was this “hero” busboy?
None other than Jeremy Madix, who is the brother of Vanderpump Rules star Ariana Madix and has joined the show for its sixth season.
“Jeremy smelled smoke, and he saved the day. Everyone got out safely thank God,” Lisa explained.
“The fire department came and put it out, and we called an electrician. It could have been much worse,” Lisa admits.
Oddly enough this isn’t the first fire LVP has had to deal with this year. Back in May, a fire broke out at her other Los Angeles restaurant Villa Blanca forcing the hotspot to shut down for several days.
Damn LVP will do anything for a storyline and ratings! I’m just kidding but what are the odds both your restaurants have fire’s so close together. I’m so glad everyone is okay and that SUR is still standing. It would have been devasting for LVP, Ken, VPR, and fans if SUR had burnt to the ground.
Can you believe there was a fire at SUR? Do you think we will see this incident on VPR? Are you surprised the Jeremy was the “hero?” How do you feel about Jeremy joining VPR?
Follow the AllAboutTRH Podcast on iTunes or Soundcloud – Remember to Rate, Comment & Subscribe!