Let's Discuss: Teresa Giudice The Real Housewives of New Jersey - RHONJ

Teresa Giudice’s Bankruptcy Settlement Approved by Court; Plus Teresa Reveals Her Christmas Plans!

Image Source: Instagram-Teresa Giudice
Image Source: Instagram-Teresa Giudice

It’s going to be a Merry Christmas for Real Housewives of New Jersey star Teresa Giudice.

E! News is reporting that an agreement between Teresa and her creditors has been approved by a U.S. Bankruptcy Court Judge in New Jersey.

According to the terms of the settlement, Teresa will keep 55 percent of the net proceeds from her legal malpractice suit, against her former bankruptcy attorney James Kridel, while the remaining 45 percent will go to any unpaid creditors.

“We are very gratified that a settlement was reached between Ms. Giudice and trustee John Sywilok concerning the distribution of the proceeds of the Kridel lawsuit and that Judge Stacey Meisel approved the settlement today. Today was a big step. We thank the trustee for his cooperation and also Judge Meisel,” Teresa’s attorney Carlos Cuevas revealed in a statement.

James Leonard, the Giudice family attorney, echoed positivity in his own statement to saying, “We are very happy with the Judge’s ruling as it brings us one step closer to litigating the malpractice claim.”

All the legal drama aside, Teresa recently opened up about her holiday plans to E! saying that despite Joe being away she hopes to keep up with her family traditions and have a festive season.

“I’m not hosting Christmas Eve this year.I’m going to my brother’s [Joe Gorga] again because it’s just us. Being home is just kind of going to be sad, so I didn’t want to be home,” Teresa explained.“It’s nice to spend the holidays with family because we don’t get to see them that much. The girls like to be with their family. They have a lot of cousins. Joe’s sister has four girls; Joe’s brother has three girls. So, there’s a lot of girls—plus my four girls. There are all girls in Joe’s family. Then on my side, there’s [Melissa Gorga]’s three kids, and then my four.”

Are you surprised Teresa and her creditors reached an agreement? How do you think Teresa’s first Christmas without Joe will be?

Follow AllAboutTRH On Instagram Here
Follow Us On Twitter Here
And Like Us On Facebook Here

About the author

Lara Sophia

Lara began writing for AllAboutTRH in October 2014. Lara is a born and bred Jersey girl, who loves blogging and currently writes a lifestyle blog: ChicandSequined.com Beyond blogging, Lara enjoys traveling, fashion, beauty, and gossip. Lara is excited to get in on the gossip and put her own spin on things.

Email: lara@allabouttrh.com | Phone: (248) 436-1663 Ext. 2 | "Write to Lara": AllaboutTRH.com Attn: Lara 3160 Ridgeway Ct. Commerce Twp., MI 48390

Follow Me