PHOTO: Kandi’s First Official Wedding Photo Released And Her Dress Is Shocking!

April 10, 2014 |By Continue Reading

Celebrity Sightings In New York City - April 8, 2013
Real Housewives of Atlanta star Kandi has never had the best style and that hasn’t changed for her wedding! Kandi married Todd Tucker last week and her first official wedding photo was released below

Kandi

Kandi was wearing a 12-foot ostrich feather dress with a few cutouts and a princess crown. Kandi reveals to In Touch, that the wedding gown cost 20,000.

I personally wouldn’t even be paid wearing that dress! The whole look to me looks super tacky and something that Kandi would wear but I wish Kandi would have picked something else. I don’t think the princess crown helps either!

Thoughts on Kandi’s dress? Love it or hate it?

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

Category: Kandi Burruss, RHOA

rhonda stahmer
2 years 1 month ago
I have mixed emotions concerning Kandi’s choice of dress. It was over the top however; she wore it well and, thank God, she knew the importance of a proper undergarment. I would like to know what she used as an all over Spanx type garment and the waist corset. Kandi is an entertainer and I don’t feel this dress was inappropriate. I would like to have seen a more Great Gatsby style headress and the black tux on Todd during the ceremony. The white orchids that Kandi carried and the white tux made Kandi’s dress look a bit dingy but… Read more »
SB
SB

Sorry Kandi but the dress looked like a 10-lb sack of potatoes stuffed in a 5-lb bag.

Mary
Mary

One more wuickie about Kandi , her house is decorated with taste and style, let the dress go.

Mary
Mary

Kandi is such a smart girl, that’s what counts. She’s happy, who cares about the dress. With all the heartache she has gone thru with that ” witch ” of a mother the dress is the least important

I know fashion is a large part of the show, I enjoy seeing what the ladies wear, but I’m putting Kandi into a separate category.

God bless her & Todd, with that witch of a mother they will need it.

it's a little fat shoe
it's a little fat shoe

Who gives a F?! She looks happy…..I’m happy for her. She seems like a real genuine hearted person and deserves well wishes. So mazel!

Cathy C

Wow…What a mess..From the Tiara to the bottom of the Ostrich feathers..She’s lucky she doesn’t live “down under” where Ostrich run loose..She might have been accosted by a love smitten Male Ostrich…
Even the flowers are really tacky..I thought that she had better taste..
Totally horrible..
Sorry Kandi, I love ya and wish you and Todd all the happiness in the world, but I hope the dress isn’t any indication of how the marriage will go..
Wish you had chosen something more traditional…

Pamela in Dallas
Pamela in Dallas

She has the absolute worst taste in clothing and décor. She can well afford professional stylists, wedding planners and decorators. She desperately needs to take advantage of these services.

Jeanne Lazzaro
Jeanne Lazzaro

i DO like Kandi’s dress! It’s what she wanted to wanted to war on her wedding day! She looks beautiful!! Most important thing, she is HAPPY to be married to Todd!!! They make a beautiful couple!!!

peg
peg

every bride is beautiful…..she looks great……….happiness always

Nonna2509
Nonna2509

ITA, it’s her day. I think she looks beautiful and happy. Wish them all the best.

Qpsilove
Qpsilove
Absolutely! I only wonder if the singer sang as did Oha,m”She’s Your Queen To Be”! I performed at a wedding with that theme, replete with the dancers. When the bride came out and down the aisle, I had to sing that song, a Capella with the falsetto. I nailed it, but the surprised crowd just bowed their heads in hunched shoulder silent laughter! The bride had a similar dress, tiara included. The song was indeed hilarious. I’m so happy for them both. To find your best friend who ends up as your spouse is truly an ordained moment. May they… Read more »
Rev. Elizabeth S. Arsenault
Rev. Elizabeth S. Arsenault

I don’t care for the dress — I love the flower bouquet — The tiara a bit much — The happiness on her face “Priceless!”

I’m happy for the couple. I pray that it is a union that will last for as long as they both shall live. Let no man put this union asunder. I couldn’t resist.

Congratulations Kandi & Todd

mtrae9
mtrae9

I don’t personally like the dress but it doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks. Kandi obviously liked it and it was her wedding!

Kukulet

Kandi looks so happy, she’d have been beautiful in a sack.

As long as she loved her dress and felt lovely in it, that’s what counts. She ain’t forcing anyone else to wear it. Her day, her choice.

Kukulet

And what the hell is a “12 foot ostrich feather dress”? Do you mean the train was 12 feet long, or the dress was 12 feet tall?

That’s as bad as Taylor walking down the “isle”.

Moe
Moe

Yeah, most people said they didn’t like her dress and thought it was ugly. I could imagine it being almost a week after your wedding and people are bashing a dress you though looked good.

I’m glad she tried to give a local name a chance but that dress was a mess and the wedding did look like it was put together in a short time.

Maggie5
Maggie5

That dress isn’t shocking. It’s ugly. But, if she loved it then more power to her, it’s her day. She probably wouldn’t like my wedding dress either (although, it was the ’80s so there was full on big sleeves and a behind bow!)

oompaloompa
oompaloompa

Does anybody notice the table cloth on the table to the right would make a pretty dress haha

Irish Tara
Irish Tara

If, this is in fact, Kandi’s dream dress. More power to her.
I have worn bridesmaid dresses far more hideous..
If anyone can pull this off, I believe Kandi had the confidence to pull this off..
But, personally? Yikes!!

What Had Happened
What Had Happened

On your wedding day….you wear what you want…not what others want…it was her day…glad she’s happy..

LVP
LVP

Uh, the only two words that come to mind is tacky boughetto (don’t know if I am spelling it right) but with the money that woman has she always wear things too tight and styles that accentuate the wrong curves.

The crown is just gaudy. she has a very pretty face and great smile but she really could use a personal stylist

Melody
Melody

The dress is for a bride in her 20s…not for someone who is approaching her late 30s.

BM Barbie
BM Barbie

Her wedding, her dress choice. I say, you go Glenn Coco.

Debbie1
Debbie1

I think Kandi looks gorgeous!

Superfan (of Atlanta)
Superfan (of Atlanta)

Let me start with congratulations. This is the ugliest dress I’ve EVA seen. Kandi had no sense of style, I pray that she styles herself and nobody is getting paid to do this to her. She never looks put together and I think she is the worst dressed housewife in all cities except Carlton. Maybe that is pay off her appeal that she looks so frumpy. Her weave always looks Like Momma Joyce did it at the kitchen table. Makeup done by Phaedra and Willie Watkins and clothes purchase from Rainbow.

DebV
DebV

I have not liked most of the gowns chosen by BRAVO brides but I respect that it’s their wedding and their choice. She is definitely on point for her Coming to America theme.

Have y’all ever watched Four Weddings? One of my pet peeves are the competing brides that are so critical of the others gowns, ceremonies and receptions. You don’t have to like it because it’s not your wedding!

BM Barbie
BM Barbie

“She is definitely on point for her Coming to America theme.”

LOL

Gerseygal
Gerseygal

I think Kandi is a beautiful bride. For all the pain she has had, in her life and still has a smile on her face. I hope nothing but happiness, comes her way…..

September24
September24

I can’t get past the bouquet! It’s larger than her own torso! Lose the tiara – this isn’t a Sweet 16. And those feathers look like a haystack.

RobinR

Looks like they scrounged up every orchid in Atlanta for that whacked bouquet.

Sweetpea
Sweetpea

She had a Coming to America theme if yal have seen that movie you would know that her dress is similar to the dress the soon to be bride wore. As far as her tiara with the theme its royalty, what do royals wear…tiaras.

Rosie
Rosie

Looks like a beautiful wedding dress to me.

Sugarlump
Sugarlump

Yes, the look is “super Kandi” but shouldn’t it be? It is her wedding dress! I try not to hate on a woman’s wedding choice since it is her big day. I wore a black minidress when we married… in Vegas in July… by a bad Elvis impersonator no less. And that was almost 15 ys ago and we’re still plugging along. To each his or her own I say.

Carolina Girl
Carolina Girl

Came here to say the same thing! OF COURSE, it’s “Super Kandi”..she’s the bride! Derp.

Panda Bear
Panda Bear

So I guess no one here has seen Coming to America (the theme of Kandi’s wedding). The dress + tiara is almost an exact replica of the dress Vanessa Bell Calloway wore in the movie when she was presented to Prince Hakeem as his bride to be.

Do I like it, not my style, but I 100% get it and think that’s so cool they used that movie as a theme.

Nay
Nay

Thank You ! I thought the post and the comments were mean and bashful . When I first saw this picture I liked the top of the dress and not the bottom but I got it bc I knew the theme of the wedding to be coming to America so it made sense to me . Beside I think she looks pretty regardless . No need to be attacking her on one the most important days in her life . I didn’t like Nene s dress either but I thought I suited her and she look good in it .

Panda Bear
Panda Bear

The post is definitely mean spirited.

Honestly I think her wedding was probably tons of fun, Coming to America is one of my favorite movies. I love it when couples do a fun themed wedding.