Teresa & Joe Giudice Plead Not Guilty, Trial Begins October 8; Plans To Appear On WWHL After Season Finale?

August 14, 2013 |By Continue Reading

TeresaJoeCourt

Real Housewives of New Jersey stars Teresa and Joe Giudice have officially been arraigned in court today, following their 39 count indictment. The couple arrived at the Newark court surrounded by their legal team and security at around 2:30 p.m. for the hearing that lasted no more than 5 minutes.

HLN reports that Teresa and Joe entered not-guilty pleas and their trial start date has been scheduled for October 8! Miles Feinstein, Joe’s lawyer, spoke and said that despite rumors, Joe will not take the fall for him and Teresa, and that neither will be testifying against each other.

Their lawyers also told reporters, “The couple is also planning to appear on Bravo’s live after show following the final episode of ‘The Real Housewives of New Jersey.'” Presumably Watch What Happens Live? Or the reunion?

The New York Daily News also reports on Joe Giudice’s lack of US citizenship. His lawyer tells them, “Joe didn’t know he wasn’t a citizen. The rest of his family is. Had he know and applied for citizenship he certainly would have gotten it.” Umm, what?!

Keep checking back to this post for further details that may emerge later today!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Category: RHONJ, Teresa Giudice

Beachiest
Beachiest
3 years 1 month ago

It is true that you are innocent until proven guilty, but 39 counts of fraud and racketeering do not come up out of thin air.

Greyhoundgal
Greyhoundgal
3 years 1 month ago

DOJ never comments on ongoing criminal case. This is all BS.

I Can Read Good
I Can Read Good
3 years 1 month ago

Are these people seriously adults? “I didn’t know I wasn’t a citizen.”?? Grow up, seriously.

3 years 1 month ago

This guy is not the brightest. Sadly the world is loaded with morons like him.

Lysa
Lysa
3 years 1 month ago

Agree Bionic, IMO this very well could be something his lawyer told him to say. But, Like I said I really don’t know.

jary
jary
3 years 1 month ago

Sometimes I think that JPG is that sick, envious, booted out old KIM G. Such projected and horrible hatred towards humanity.

3 years 1 month ago

Yes Jary. I’m also Melissa, Joey, Kim, Lisa, Richie, Kathy, Jacqueline, and as I was recently reminded (rhfan 😉 ) Al’s mistress.

I’m a multi-talented, multi tasker. Woot!

RHONJ viewer
RHONJ viewer
3 years 1 month ago
I follow these blogs quite often, and I’m always interested in what people have to say. While I don’t always disagree with her opinion, I do find it odd that JPG is so harsh, angry and insulting. It may be frustrating to follow a blog where the writer and most of the people commenting are basically pro Teresa, but why bother? I appreciate her point of view on some topics, but I can’t understand the level to which she takes it. I wouldn’t get so angry and nasty at people for disagreeing with me on this. They aren’t personal. Unless… Read more »
Estelle
Estelle
3 years 1 month ago
I’ve never seen JPG post one thing that comes even close to 1/10th the nastiness I’ve seen posted by Teresa’s fans. Truth be told, I’ve never seen ANY posts from ANY blog I’ve ever read about ANY topic that comes close to 1/10th the nastiness I’ve seen posted by Teresa’s fans. A psychiatrist would have a field day with some of these people. I don’t comment on any of the other HW blogs either. I also like all of the NJ HWs EXCEPT Teresa, who I’ll be the first to admit that I loathe. The last time I checked neither… Read more »
RHONJ viewer
RHONJ viewer
3 years 1 month ago
I don’t care who posts on particular threads. I’ve just seen her post over & over & over, and I found it ironic that she doesn’t have time in her life to comment on other franchises, while on this thread ALL THE TIME. I also NEVER said that if you aren’t team Teresa you’re one of these people. I actually think J & T are idiots. JPG’s reactions to comments and opinions seem more aggressive than others. I wouldn’t be as snappy and cutting as she has been in an argument or debate about a freakin tv show! If it… Read more »
3 years 1 month ago

I have seen far nastier comments on here from pro -Teresa fans ,I also only watch the NJ series so of course this is the only one I post on.. and no I am also not one of Melissa’s sisters or Ashley or Jacqueline

3 years 1 month ago

Haha come on fess up jpg who are you really ???

3 years 1 month ago
For everyone who’s commenting on the citizenship issue: -you can live legally in the US without EVER becoming a citizen. You can also obtain a drivers license without being a citizen -you can leave the US on any passport – to re-enter the US, you must provide either a US passport, which only a citizen can have, or a foreign passport as well as either your green card or some type of visa (many of which you need to apply for in advance) -when re-entering the US, you go through customs and immigration. If you are a US citizen you… Read more »
jary
jary
3 years 1 month ago

But Joe has traveled in and out of the US; we watched him to do it, when the whole family went to Italy. He has obtained American Business licenses to open up several businesses, passed or failed. ??????

3 years 1 month ago

WTF YOU GUYS CAN’T READ???!! Jesus!

Who said that you need to be US Citizen to do any of what you just mentioned?????????

As a legal Resident you can travel in and out, and you have the legal right to work in the US (including owning a business)

WOW!

it is alarming that people are so misinformed.

3 years 1 month ago

LOL Bionic – I was trying to put an end to the inaccurate immigration/ naturalization and citizenship comments and assumptions…. Oh well!

Kukulet
3 years 1 month ago

RE: the travel he probably did on an Italian passport/American green (resident alien) card. This is what we’re saying-there’s no way he doesn’t know.

A resident alien can obtain American business licenses, and own and operate a business in America. They are only prohibited from voting, jury duty, and obtaining an American passport.

Joe Guidice isn’t a dual citizen, or this wouldn’t be an issue. He’s an Italian citizen with resident alien status in the USA. And he’s known it all along, cause there’s no way he couldn’t have. IOW, he’s lying out his ass.

3 years 1 month ago
For everyone who’s commenting on whether or not he knew if he was a citizen: -you can live legally in the US without EVER becoming a citizen. You can also obtain a drivers license without being a citizen -you can leave the US on any passport – to re-enter the US, you must provide either a US passport, which only a citizen can have, or a foreign passport as well as either your green card or some type of visa (many of which you need to apply for in advance) -when re-entering the US, you go through customs and immigration.… Read more »
3 years 1 month ago

The reverse is also baffling. The fact that you had to explain the above to people who are citizens is a shame also.

All guilty of being uneducated about the subject. Learning is half the battle.

Masha
Masha
3 years 1 month ago

You are correct, as a naturalized citizen I can confirm it.

There is NO way Joe didn’t know he wasn’t a citizen. Period.

Kukulet
3 years 1 month ago

Exactly. And like I said before, you have to renew that green card periodically. Even if your resident alien status is rated permanent, the card still needs to be updated every five years or so. There’s no way Joe could live and work here as a resident alien and not know he wasn’t a citizen.

3 years 1 month ago

No it doesn’t need to be updated every 5 yrs if it’s from prior to 9/11 unless you lost it, damaged it, became of legal age and it has no finger print. Only in 2010 the greencard was redesigned for better security features and it is not mandatory to replace but recommended.

lysa
lysa
3 years 1 month ago

Of course he knew, One question. How many of you have NEVER read your own birth certificate.

ginny
ginny
3 years 1 month ago

Kukulet – Thank you I totally agree. Everyone has the right to vent their opinion. And that’s exactly what it is as no one knows the outcome!

Kukulet
3 years 1 month ago
Lighten up with the “innocent until proven guilty” misnomer. Every poster here has the right to decide for themselves if the Guidices are guilty or not, and they aren’t dependent on the jury to reach their own conclusion. It may be the wrong conclusion. It may only be based on what the media and not the evidence says, but so what? It’s up to the jury to suspend judgment until all the evidence is presented to them in court. But we’re not the jury. We can think and say what we want (it’s called freedom of speech in the USA,… Read more »
catseye
catseye
3 years 1 month ago

FINALLY SOMEONE THAT KNOWS WHAT THEIR TALKING ABOUT!!!

Belle557
Belle557
3 years 1 month ago

I understand these are very serious charges, and my prayers are with them and those beautiful girls.

Having said that, and I’m not justifying anything as I don’t have all the facts, but the very thought that the FBI is prosecuting them makes me laugh out loud when companies like AIG scam the American people for billions of dollars in bail out money in an economic crisis, to give each other big fat bonuses and yet no charges…. Honestly, how corrupt is that?

3 years 1 month ago

Wanna know why? Because society is too busy eating, breathing and shitt*ng stuff like this (The Giudices case) rather than focusing on their communities.

This is perfect distraction while the big fishes cash out on billions. Worry about that.

The joke’s on us, huh?

Amelia James
Amelia James
3 years 1 month ago

There were no charges because AIG did not scam anyone the Gov willing gave them bailout money and giving out large bonuses is not a crime. While ethically and morally wrong still not a crime. Teresa and Joe however did commit crimes and deflecting unto others is not going to change that these people are criminals.

3 years 1 month ago

You sure about that? Or you’re just talking to talk?

Amelia James
Amelia James
3 years 1 month ago

Yes I am sure about that, if you know differently please show me ( being completely serious here)show me where AIG have scammed the American people out of bailout money, or how taking bailout money and then given inappropriate bonus amounts is a crime.

They're All Crazy
They're All Crazy
3 years 1 month ago

Thank Obama for handing out our money to AIG.

Totally agree!

Smh
Smh
3 years 1 month ago
I’m going to throw my opinion out there based on my professional experience. For the sake of anonymity, I won’t say my actual career. However, suffice it to say I have extensive professional experience with federal prosecutions. For all of you who keep saying, “there’s no proof,” you’re wrong. Anyone can register for and use PACER (just google it) and you can see all of the evidence. Believe it or not, Teresa participated in this fraud. There are sworn affidavits from loan officers who say that she presented false documents to the loan officer in person. I have next to… Read more »
3 years 1 month ago

Is this the same loan officer that failed to verify that these incomes were in fact legit? where are the underwriters that are responsible to signing off a loan to someone with bogus credentials? It’s a shame that these type of fools are given the responsibility to manage a very important sector of our economy.

The Giudices are dead wrong but you best believe they didn’t get by all on their own.

Jewels
Jewels
3 years 1 month ago

Smh – I read your original post. I believe it was a couple weeks ago when the indictment news broke. This one is as brilliantly stated as your prior one.

I checked out PACER on your recommendation last time. All the info is there in black and white.

Thanks for a logical opinion!

Smh
Smh

To Jennifer above this post,

It doesn’t matter if the statute of limitations has expired. This offense is considered a prior bad act re: rules of admissible evidence. She can’t be convicted of this offense, but it most certainly can and will
Be used against her in establishing a pattern of fraudulent behavior.

3 years 1 month ago
I know they want a conspiracy issue. The only link is that it is both Joe and Teresa. You do not show pattern. You must show scheme or plan that is within the conspiracy statute. A mere pattern is not enough. When you look at cases such as; Neder, Pereira, Dowl, Carpenter, etc a mere pattern is not enough. A scheme or plan must be proven. It is a scheme to defraud and not a pattern. Patterns can be disjointed and not intent based. Conspiracy is an intent crime and the scheme to defraud is an element which must be… Read more »
Smh
Smh
3 years 1 month ago

I think you’ve misunderstood me. I said nothing about conspiracy. I was referring to the usefulness of the w2 aa evidence. The w2 can be admitted as evidence of a pattern of fraudulent behavior. This evidence can be used to prove the fraud she has been charged with, as well as tax fraud charges. .

By the way, conspiracy charges in cases like this are exceedingly easy to prosecute.

3 years 1 month ago

Get ready. They’re gonna go apeshit on you.

Btw. You rock.

Smh
Smh
3 years 1 month ago

I’m fully expecting it. I’m a big girl. I can take it. The thing is, I don’t feel as if any of the women on these shows are my friends. It’s entertainment, but that’s it. I get as much entertainment out of watching Big Cat Diary on the BBC.

3 years 1 month ago
I do believe you know your facts, but tell me, do the banks that funded the Giudices have no culpability? You are correct about flaunting their lifestyle on national tv. That’s the one thing I can’t get over that they did. I mean, if someone knowingly does something illegal why would they advertise it like that? I guess that’s why the Laurita’s may also have a few worries right now. It costs money to send a daughter away to live in Texas and California while she “finds herself,” drive nice cars, wear designer duds, eat the best food, drink the… Read more »

Smh,

You know the 2001 issue is barred by SOL. Fraud runs from the moment of the offense. That one is outside. So, the w-2 s and false info on that claim is meaningless.

Most DOJ cases are a negotiated plea.

3 years 1 month ago

The banks were actually defrauded because they have the same type crooks as the giudices facilitating fraud. That simple. I would think that in this time in history we can have a more sophisticated system.

There’s got to be a common link that was assisting them with doing this under the table. Also, back then many bogus loan terms existed. The real reason why the economy flopped. It is history, go learn it. There are bigger fish to fry in relations to this case.

Smh
Smh
3 years 1 month ago
What culpability should the banks have? They requested proof of income and assets and the Giudice’s provided it. However, they provided forged and fraudulent proof of income. They lied in every way possible to the banks in order for the banks to fund them. According to the grand jury exhibits, one or two banks reported their fraud. How would they be culpable or liable? I mentioned this in another post, but the Giudice’s and laurita’s are apples and oranges. The Laurita’s are NOT under criminal investigation for fraud. A civil lawsuit was filed against them. Without getting too technical, the… Read more »
They're All Crazy
They're All Crazy
3 years 1 month ago

Typical, blame everyone but the f—ing thief. Oh, it’s the banks fault. This is what is wrong with society, no one takes responsibility for anything they do, always someone elses fault. WTF!

Amelia James
Amelia James
3 years 1 month ago

Why would the banks that they defrauded be held accountable in a court of law. That is ridiculous and that would be like punishing the victims for the crimes of these thieves. The banks may have had bad policies but that did not give the Giudices the right to steal form them.

santorino
santorino
3 years 1 month ago

I will be praying for them to get sentenced to fullest extent of the law, and then immediately deported. Please God, please!

Lol. Tell us how you really feel 😉

@jpg

Hi. I saw your post on the other thread, re W.Park. I knew you were on the Westside, had no idea you made the daily Ute Pass trek. The closing of 24 seems to be a daily event. Glad you’re ok.

We’re downtown, so besides some minor street flooding, no real rain problems.

Stay safe! If it keeps raining like this, you might need a canoe 😉

3 years 1 month ago

A canoe is not a bad idea at all!

Glad to hear you’re safe as well 😀

Ginny
Ginny
3 years 1 month ago
Joe and Teresa have the unenviable status of being high profile people. Im sure there are many out there who are in similar circumstances who are being overlooked. Miss Monica should have her work cut out for her unless she is a one note wonder. If she doesn’t continue her pursuit of looking into lower profile people then that would really make me suspicious of her attention to this case. I won’t judge until the verdict is in. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty. A lot of people forget this. They also forget that just because you’ve been charged with… Read more »
3 years 1 month ago

How can he “vote”? Please answer your own question. He doesn’t need to be a “Citizen” to have a drivers license as long as he is a legal resident but I am sure you already knew that.

I do agree with you on all your other points. Besides, we are all sinners. Some commit illegal crimes and some commit morally corrupt ones. People want to act brand news as if they are perfect. You don’t have to commit fraud to be a loser. Just saying…

Panda Bear
Panda Bear
3 years 1 month ago
Even illegal immigrants can get driver’s licenses. Resident aliens can vote in some elections just not federal depends on the jurisdiction. It is actually pretty easy to go through life in the US without having citizenship. Even illegal immigrants have jobs,go to school, own businesses and property, travel, etc. In some locales it is illegal to check a person’s immigration status when they are pulled over by cops. There are tons of documented stories in the Washington Post, LA Times, NYT that tell the stories of people (some children, some adults) who were unaware they were not citizens. I have… Read more »
3 years 1 month ago

Yes, but long gone are the days pre-9/11.

Kukulet
3 years 1 month ago

My husband has lived in the USA for 50 years, but is still a Canadian citizen. It’s not difficult to maintain resident alien status once you have it. Simply stay out of trouble and renew the card when required. Quite a few do it, because it’s cheaper than paying for naturalization. The only real difference is the lack of voting privileges or if you land a job that requires governmental security clearance beyond a certain level.

3 years 1 month ago

#fact but unless your husband lost, damaged or simply updated his greencard to the latest version (for enhanced security) he doesn’t really need to replace it since old cards don’t expire.

3 years 1 month ago

Hey Ginny. Joe could not have voted in any election, but he could certainly get his drivers license.

3 years 1 month ago

Nonna: That is true. No need to be a US citizen in order to obtain a drivers license.

3 years 1 month ago

What??? Joe didn’t know he wasn’t a citizen? Seriously? WTF?

Anyhow, I agree with @Ticory ^^^

Kukulet
3 years 1 month ago

No way did Joe not know he wasn’t a citizen of the US. Even permanent resident alien status requires the card to be renewed every ten years or so, so INS can have updated info and picture on file. (Husband is Canadian, has lived in the USA for 50 years, familiar with the process.)

And INS knows where to find you. They work with the IRS to do it. Course…actually filing your tax returns might make a difference…lol…

The original whodat2112
The original whodat2112
3 years 1 month ago

ITA with @Holy and Ticory!

jerseygirl
jerseygirl

As do I.

shiks
shiks
3 years 1 month ago

Tre’s rockin another great “go to court” outfit! Looks like she’ll be hitting the nearest Ann Taylor store. At least she knows enough not to wear leopard and her stupid “cowboy” hats to court!!! Oh, and look a Juicy smiling! D-bags!!!

3 years 1 month ago

I wonder what Chris and Jac will wear to court for their embezzlement trial.

3 years 1 month ago

Nonna Gabi: I hope they’re not dressed in their usual tacky attire.

3 years 1 month ago

And that has to do with this discussion at all? Do you know how to do ANYTHING else but deflect?

3 years 1 month ago

DO you? You do the same.

3 years 1 month ago

I know quite a lot. Do you? Why does my comment bother you so much. Do you think Jac will get so upset at the prosecutor that she will hit him over the head with her stiletto! Maybe that will be her “table flipping moment”. Or maybe she will be so drunk that she will actually tell the whole truth! That would be refreshing. And wouldn’t it be nice in front of the tv cameras! Can’t wait!

Estelle
Estelle

LOL!

3 years 1 month ago

Not at all. I’m quite aware of Nonna’s intelligence level. She doesn’t effect me.

Lawd u gettin on my nerves
Lawd u gettin on my nerves

Pahahaha Nonna! I think perhaps you may have jpg’s knickers in a bunch! LOL

3 years 1 month ago

It must kill her to be dressed like a responsible adult and not like a tacky 40 year old Snooki.

No, those clothes are reserved for MeGo and Jax. lol

Lawd u gettin on my nerves
Lawd u gettin on my nerves
3 years 1 month ago

Bam! I’m lovin this Hoot!

Tlcory
Tlcory
3 years 1 month ago

Oh for heavens sake! Everyone can speculate all they want and say the Giudices were stupid blah blah blah, I’m sure their Lawyers know what they are doing and the Giudices are doing what the lawyers suggest. I’m sure the lawyers have gone over each count with a fine tooth comb so they must have reason to plead not guilty.

Kukulet
3 years 1 month ago

@TIcory: Are you kidding? Do you know how many convicts plead “not guilty” regardless of their guilt? Probably 95%. It’s the only way get a jury trial and possibly escape imprisonment. A “guilty” plea bypasses a jury trial and leads directly to a sentence imposed by the court. Do not pass go, go directly to jail.

3 years 1 month ago

I think the defense attorneys are in the process of doing their due diligence and have gone through the discovery and can counter what the govt has in its possession.

LaraM
LaraM

Like @ticory, and agree.

LaraM
LaraM
3 years 1 month ago

And @Lola, ITA agree, the Feds are so corrupt. IRS isn’t even a Fed agency.

3 years 1 month ago

What are you talking about?

My Gosh! Where the hell do you live? Yes, the IRS is Fed

3 years 1 month ago

The IRS is the revenue service of the United States Federal Government.

3 years 1 month ago

Sorry, I thought I had not printed that.

3 years 1 month ago

The IRS is a revenue service of the United States federal government.

LaraM
LaraM
3 years 1 month ago

Giudice’s aren’t rewriting history here, nor are the Feds!

DebV
DebV
3 years 1 month ago

Not trying to be argumentative but guilty people plead innocent everyday in court. Sometimes prosecutors can not prove their cases and people walk away from the charges.

3 years 1 month ago

Then live in Japan. In Japan must people who are indicted actually plead guilty.

3 years 1 month ago
That is true & also sickening, but if you are innocent & have no money & get raped in prison, spend your life in prison then the innocence project gets you out, if you are lucky enough to have them interested, because the government is not going to admit to a mistake ever, then imagine how you would feel. It is so scary that a person you don’t know, can say you were involved with drugs, & that alone can get you arrested. It is true, look it up. That is what I mean by average people being able to… Read more »
stephanieg
stephanieg
3 years 1 month ago

@Tlcory, you’re correct in that I’m sure their lawyers have gone over every charge with a fine tooth comb BUT obviously the Feds have also gone over those charges with a fine tooth comb & if I had to chose who I believe right now….I’d say the Feds because Joe & Teresa are notorious for being shady!! Just sayin……

LOLA
LOLA
3 years 1 month ago

Oh yeah, and the feds are not shady at all!

3 years 1 month ago

When are we allowed to press charges against them? They steal day in and day out from hard working citizens. While the rich get richer.

3 years 1 month ago

Ha! Ha! Oh, yes they are as pure as the driven snow. Ask the scientologists who blackmailed them & won to get tax exempt status. But no one cares about that even though it is all over the Internet. I agree with hoot exactly.

JPG,

Actually not true. In the Catholic Church or any church which has a gift shop is partition as not tax exempt. Scientology was expanding their tax exempt status to other areas which other similar tax exempt organizations were taxed.

3 years 1 month ago

It’s all perspective Silvania. I personally find ALL organized religion to be a “CULT” as you call it.

Silvana
Silvana

Yes Jpg but Christian’s, Muslims and Jews are a religion Scientology is a CULT

3 years 1 month ago

Same as Christians, Muslims and Jews being tax exempt.(the churches, mosques and synagogues)

E.X.A.C.T.L.Y!

jean
jean
3 years 1 month ago

They’ll be just fine! They have The Trumps attorneys! !

stephanieg
stephanieg
3 years 1 month ago

There are no camera’s in federal court. Which means no filming the trial for Bravo. Personally, I think these 2 should cop a plea & be done. From what I’ve read of the indictment, they have tons of proof. The Feds ain’t playin!!!!! I get the sense that Teresa & Joe think that this will all just blow over but I don’t think so. I wonder whats gonna happen in Joe’s idenity theft case since the fed case is set for October & so is his other case. Interesting!

Olivia
Olivia
3 years 1 month ago
I agree. All of this is just too much. The sad thing is that there are people who commit mortgage fraud, etc but because they’re either 1) not famous at all or 2) so powerful they can escape it…they get away with it. Seems so ironic to me that Tre was probably living this lifestyle to be noticed especially on Real Housewives…and now the feds are noticing big time. The only thing I can think is that they might hesitate to give both parents jail time? I do think this is serious…will not blow over…my sister, an accountant, always tells… Read more »
LegBeforeWicket
LegBeforeWicket
3 years 1 month ago

You know what????? These two are both sooo slimey that they MAY just get away with this!! Remember OJ LOL

3 years 1 month ago

They don’t in any way compare to OJ. They are not accused of murdering two people.

The ones who DID get away with everything, including the fleecing of the American public, are the banks and our own government. Makes me sick.

What I don’t get is why the feds aren’t going after all the banks that made bad loans? wtf? Focussing on two people when WHOLE institutions got away with cr*p is absurd!

3 years 1 month ago

They shouldn’t even be compared to Bernie Madoff that defraud half the US.

3 years 1 month ago

Because in America you are supposed to be held accountable for your own actions. You don’t get a free pass on crimes you’ve CHOSEN to commit because someone committed a worse crime.

What aren’t you people getting about this?

I think it comes down to everyone realizes there is no justifiable reason for their behavior . The best some of you can come up with is trying to divert attention away from these two lazy criminals.

JPG,

At this point we only have the indictment and the plea of not guilty. We do to know what evidence T and J’s attorneys will provide to refute the gov’t’s case. So no one knows at this point what the outcome will be.

I believe it is highly likely they will face large fines and I doubt there will be jail time. The gov’t is out for compensation and not retribution. The IRS seldom wants to resort to jail time which can curtail one’s ability to pay.

3 years 1 month ago
jpg: “Held accountable for their actions,” huh? Tell that to the feds who have not prosecuted all the “criminals” who worked at banks that made those horrible loans. Tell that to the feds who have not prosecuted the welfare recipients who have defrauded the “system” for years and are so unmotivated to work now that our government has made them dependent on it. Tell that to our government who gives millions of dollars in aid to students from other countries who get educated here then go back to their homeland and help their economies (while we struggle to pay our… Read more »
3 years 1 month ago

Well when someone kills someone you love and their defense is “But Jeffrey Dahmer killed 17!!” We should let them off, right?

Cause that’s EXACTLY your argument right now.

Lawd u gettin on my nerves
Lawd u gettin on my nerves
3 years 1 month ago

@Hoot….Thank you for that straight up TRUTH!

Silvana
Silvana
3 years 1 month ago

Once again hoot I agree with everything you just said!!!! And I’m Australian but your statement is just as plausible here in Australia as well our government is just the same hell probably even worse cause they fuckin backstab each other within their own parties as well!!!!

3 years 1 month ago

No, the majority of us want to judge this case on its merits, not on any personal dislike of people. I say the government needs to show their proofs and if they really did the crime, they will do the time. But until I see the evidence, I will assume innocent until proven guilty.

3 years 1 month ago

You are correct. I do not know you. I can only go by what you type. You type some pretty delusional shit. If you don’t like being called delusional, I suggest you quit presenting yourself as such.

There are currently no criminal charges against Chris or Jaq (except for the pending assault charges from JTG) That’s why you don’t hear about it. It’s civil.

Too think that Teresa & Joe will get off because of a CIVIL case for Jaq and Chris IS in fact deluisional.

Sorry that hurts your feelings.

Silvana
Silvana
3 years 1 month ago

I agree hoot banks and the government are no better than organised crime only difference is they pass themselves off as legitimate businesses !!!

3 years 1 month ago
Why the double standard jpg? Jac and Chris’ suit is very real and going through the court system. Their own attorneys admitted that Chris lied to them and destroyed evidence. where is your self-righteous outrage over that? You don’t hear about their suit so much because, quite frankly, nobody really cares about them. Is it because you don’t hate them the way you hate Teresa? I don’t know these people, but I am an intelligent woman who wants to make an independent judgment. I don’t care how many counts are against them. I will not presume guilt just because you… Read more »
3 years 1 month ago

Your fantasy world is incredible Nonna. So even though Joe and Teresa have 39 charges against them, we are to presume they are innocent but convict Chris and Jaq over a conspiracy theory that only exists in your mind?

Are the unicorns puking rainbows where you live?

3 years 1 month ago
You haven’t seen the evidence. No one has. You just hate them that much. What are these people to you that you are so vehement? And chew on this. What if the plan by the Feds is to get them ammo for Jac and Chris? What if Teresa knows every dirty deed and where all the money is hidden? And what if these are charges designed for them to cut a deal and put those criminals in jail. They bled a company dry to pretend they are wealthy. They defrauded a charity and put so many people out of work… Read more »
3 years 1 month ago

Thanks Nonna! Why do people get pleasure of convicting people through the media? How many innocent people have been convicted that were innocent? I wold be scared to death if accused of a crime I did not commit. With no money I would probably end up in prison. I sure as heck don’t think it is an even playing field if you are innocent & cannot afford great attorney’s & even great attorney’s cannot guarantee an innocent person does not get convicted.

3 years 1 month ago

Well all the “merits” point to guilty as sin, as even most Tre fans will agree with.

So you keep assuming. Completely your right. But you are setting yourself up for one hell of a hard smack of reality.

LOLA
LOLA
3 years 1 month ago

Wow, are you really comparing financial crimes to double murder???

3 years 1 month ago
I thought that comparison was really nuts too. Teresa & Joe have not become murderers. I don’t like that Monica Ciccone & I think she wanted her 15 minutes of fame, nor do I believe Joe’s business partner was a nice guy, Joe admitted he & his partner signed for each other. His lawyer explained a lot o business is done on a handshake or gentleman’s agreement, but you have to legally have on paper so he had to pay the $260,000. That is when Joe said I with an ironic laugh I guess it is better to lie. I… Read more »
Silvana
Silvana
3 years 1 month ago

I think she meant it as the Guidices and oj are similar in the fact that everyone knew/knows they are guilty but still want them to get away with it in oj’s case it was a racial thing and the Guidices it’s a story where people dont care if the government get shafted cause they shaft us every fucking day!!!! Well done to anyone who can rip the government off and get away with it.

3 years 1 month ago

Well, you now have a “white” guilty but not acquitted Zimmerman. I guess society just got even.

3 years 1 month ago

Not to speak for Leg, but I think what she was saying is the cases are similar in the fact that the whole damn country knows they are guilty, but will possibly walk away.

If they do, great. These two crooks wouldn’t know hard work if it slapped them I’m the face. They’ll find new and interesting ways to steal money and go down eventually.

jary
jary
3 years 1 month ago
Why do you hate these people so much. It as if you are so happy that this has happened. It is not just this case of fraud, but everything about them you fire back negatively. Are you Kim G! You sure sound like her. Are you in love with one of them and was shunned? It is not healthy to have such hate toward people. I pray for your spirit. As I pray that there is some way that if guilty that these parents can stay out of prison and raise their daughter. Two many parentless children in this world… Read more »
3 years 1 month ago

Correction. I usually only comment on RHONJ threads. Sorry I don’t have time in my life to keep up with all 46 HW franchises.

3 years 1 month ago

And if you noticed this poster only comments on the Giudices. Suspect

3 years 1 month ago

Nothing fails like prayer. You keep on keepin’ on with that.

My childhood was lovely. Neither of my parents were ever faced with 50 years in prison let alone jail time.

I was raised to be honest and hardworking and that the most important things in life can’t be bought.

I think the real question is what the hell happened in Teresa’s childhood?

jerseygirl
jerseygirl
3 years 1 month ago

I don’t think they’ll walk away from this completely innocent. I know all to well that the government is out for not only their pound of flesh, but some publicity to show us they are making people pay for the mortgage market crisis.

It’s merely to deflect attention away from the fact that those responsible for much more and worse are walking away without a scratch because of their financial & political clout.

3 years 1 month ago

I agree about the government being out for their pound of flesh while the real criminals walk away at our expense.

Right on jerseygirl!

ladynblack
ladynblack
3 years 1 month ago

In one of the seasons didn’t they go to Italy? Didn’t he have a passport or his green card?

Maru the Cat
Maru the Cat
3 years 1 month ago

Maybe he thought he had dual citizenship?

Jarlath
Member
Jarlath
3 years 1 month ago

You’re not allowed to enter the US with a foreign passport if you’re an American.

3 years 1 month ago

You can its not forbidden. Just not encouraged.

LegBeforeWicket
LegBeforeWicket
3 years 1 month ago

Of course he did. An ITALIAN ONE and Tre knew damn well he wasn’t a citazen.!

Jarlath
Member
Jarlath
3 years 1 month ago

You need both your green card and your passport if you’re a resident alien. He’s clearly lying about not knowing he was not a citizen. Furthermore, would have needed to have a valid Italian passport.

LegBeforeWicket
LegBeforeWicket
3 years 1 month ago

He obviously had an Italian PP! He thought that if he played stupid long enough that this would all work!

Jarlath
Member
Jarlath
3 years 1 month ago

An Italian passport that he would have needed to renew because if he came here as a child it would have obviously expired. These people can’t stop lying.

3 years 1 month ago

and as if they don’t have Italian Embassy here to renew.

3 years 1 month ago

Why would it be lying if he assumed dual citizenship and only renewed the italian passport. Its not out of the realm of possibility. I do find it strange that he didn’t know his legal status but im starting to lean on that he just didn’t care. If he already had the italian passport since birth he can pretty much go anywhere americans can so i don’t find it INSANE.

Silvana
Silvana
3 years 1 month ago
Look I don’t care or have the time to sit and ponder whether he knew he was a citizen or not but him only having a Italian passport is not really a big deal. I am 38 years old and had not left Australia since my honeymoon 16 years ago But if I was considering on going to Europe I would definitely only get an Italian passport as my father is not naturalised and my siblings and I have duel citizenship it’s easier to travel through Europe with an Italian one rather than an Australian one but since we went… Read more »
3 years 1 month ago

I agree. And to come back to the US he needed his green card. No one would stop him at the airport, so why would he need to get a US passport? I’m wondering if his Mother is now a US citizen and he thought that he was a citizen through her (just as I can claim Italian citizenship through mine).

Babs
Babs
3 years 1 month ago

That’s a lie that he didn’t know he wasn’t a citizen. He has to renew his green card every 10 years otherwise he would be here illegal and he wouldn’t be able to work, in worst case he would be deported. He had to know that…

emma
emma
3 years 1 month ago
I have a hard time believing Joe didn’t know he wasn’t a US citizen, but the green card issue isn’t as cut and dried as you think. If he got a green card when he came here in 1971 or whatever, there were no expiration dates on cards issued back then, so they didn’t need to be renewed. If he got a green card before he turned 14, he’d have to have gotten a new card — but who knows? We don’t know when he got his green card. And like I said…I don’t see how anyone wouldn’t know if… Read more »
Jarlath
Member
Jarlath
3 years 1 month ago

That is what I was thinking too. He clearly knew he was not a citizen. When they went to Italy on god knows what season, he had to clear customs when returning to the US and you need a passport regardless. So I don’t buy this lie.

3 years 1 month ago

The lies and delusions never seem to end with these two

Babs
Babs
3 years 1 month ago

Haha well, I think that this is one of the stupidest lie that i’ve ever heard!:) how could you not know it.

nat
nat
3 years 1 month ago

Not much media there this time????

Hi Nat
barracades were put up so that Teresa would not be swarmed again.

Some pap’s almost fell over the barracade, just to get a pic of Teresa!

Maru the Cat
Maru the Cat
3 years 1 month ago

Thanks Samael – I wondered why HLN didn’t have footage up at the time of them arriving, so the barricade makes sense.

No probs..

on nj.com

they have video and photo gallery of Teresa.

nat
nat
3 years 1 month ago

Oh wow thanks I was wordering why.

3 years 1 month ago

last time was ridiculous glad they had the barricade.

whodat13
3 years 1 month ago

Tre and Joe have a lot of ‘splaining to do.

Looooooooooooooocy!

lorraine b.
lorraine b.
3 years 1 month ago

All my prayers for them to get through this rough time. Thanks for the info.

Aunt Sadie
Aunt Sadie
3 years 1 month ago

I have a feeling Tre is about to be the highest paid hw in all the franchises!!

Me thinks your right

Shipp
Shipp

Aunt Sadie 😉

Shipp
Shipp
3 years 1 month ago

Oh, Aunt Sadie, no cameras in Federal court.

Aunt Sadie
Aunt Sadie
3 years 1 month ago

Darn!!! What I would give to be a fly on that wall!

Lawd u gettin on my nerves
Lawd u gettin on my nerves

Me 3 or 4! LOL

me 2
🙂

Divorce
Divorce
3 years 1 month ago

You’re right. She is the most popular right now. It’s crazy.

bc (Slut Pig)
bc (Slut Pig)

I thinks so too, Aunt Sadie

3 years 1 month ago
I have already stated on the other story, I am so proud of Teresa – she showed up herself – instead of sending the Lawyer or PR. HLN also said that last week Teresa got upset because a question was asked about how the girls are doing. This is being accountable, both are heading in the right direction. Teresa is fulfilling her contract and Joe is right by her side…both got into illegal issues together and both will endure the court system “pennance”. Teresa’s emotional state is a concern for me, things she now has to deal with: – preparing… Read more »
Nancysue
Nancysue
3 years 1 month ago

That’s all well and good, and I love Teresa and family, some of us go down hill for other circumstances, like a 8 year breast cancer fight, you can find yourself owing everybody and their brother $$, kids have to accept the reality of the living situation, even when they are young, wasn’t my choice to end up down and out, I’d love to tell my story, but who cares!

3 years 1 month ago

Tell it! Why think nobody cares? Try it. You’ll be surprised. Be blessed.

DebG
DebG
3 years 1 month ago

Nancysue, God Bless you a lot of us posting here do care. I lost a daughter to cancer in 2008, I will be praying for and your family. I pray you are in remission.

3 years 1 month ago

Tell it! I care, I suffer from an Incurable disease, & have chronic pain, & i am severly injured. The sweet onocololgist that was also taking care of people with my disease died.

Lawd u gettin on my nerves
Lawd u gettin on my nerves
3 years 1 month ago

Awe bless your heart. Prayers going up for you. I certainally can relate to chronic pain and things that are inoperable. I feel for you!

3 years 1 month ago

Nancy Sue. I care. God bless you.

LaraM
LaraM

God bless you, @NancySue. Know you aren’t alone! 🙂

3 years 1 month ago

That is so sad Nancy obviously you had no choice in your situation ,it doesn’t sound like you had a desire to be rich and famous and live above your means by any way possible .I’m sorry this happened to you ,people do care

Bryn
Bryn
3 years 1 month ago

Hi Nancy, just so u know there are people on here who do care. I lost my mom to a fifteen year fight with breast cancer. Not only did she have to cope with breast surgery, chemo and raditation, The insurance company tried everything they could to get out of paying for all of this. She was on the phone fighting everyday with them while going thru so much. I sincerely wish you the best.

Bryn

I heart you

🙂

3 years 1 month ago

I can’t imagine Bryn. My mom is my heart.

*hugs*

Hi NancySue

I am sorry that you had to endure the pain that exists for surviving breast cancer…awesome that you are continuing to survive this.

The financial burden’s of health issues is very real.

People on the site share their personal experiences all the time.

You just did …and here we are talking.
🙂

Divorce
Divorce
3 years 1 month ago

Because of the charges and the number of years they could possibly do, they were required to be in court.

Hi Divorce

Thanks for the info…when this came to light July 29, all sorts of people were saying that Teresa and Joe don’t need to be there the lawyer’s can put in the plea.

Either way, Teresa’s life is forever changed due to her decision’s and I still worry about her emotional state.

LaraM
LaraM
3 years 1 month ago

@Samael, I guess my last post didn’t take bc of having to sign in each time.

However, I agree with you, and understood what you meant. #strongwoman she is, but one can only handle so much. Teresa is another Hilary Clinton! 🙂

Have a good evening, all!

Sugarlump/Ameilia

Now Really, even I knew that my bud LaraM was alluding to being in front of the world and not killing Bill Clinton the first chance she got.

Geez…
🙂

They're All Crazy
They're All Crazy
3 years 1 month ago

Hilary Clinton? The sleeziest woman in Washington? I thought you like Teresa…..

Amelia James
Amelia James
3 years 1 month ago

Hilary Clinton are you crazy or just completely delusional; Hilary Clinton never committed 39 counts of fraud, Hilary is highly educated and can form actual coherent sentences. There is no comparison between Hilary and Teresa.

Sugarlump
Sugarlump
3 years 1 month ago

I really have a hard time seeing any comparison with Teresa and Hillary Clinton.

Hi Laram

Long time no hear..how are you.

3 years 1 month ago

I posted this on the other story but doesn’t anyone find it weird that the statue of limitations for mail and wire fraud is 5-10 years. How are they being charged from 2001?

The FEDS
The FEDS
3 years 1 month ago
This is a point I researched in the beginning. It shows weakness in the case. You see people saying the giudices are screwed because the Feds don’t come for you unless they have a solid case. This is true but it’s because the Feds dig and compile and bring as much as they can to the table knowing full well that most charges will be dropped and then pleaded down. They have the charges that are beyond limitations to show a pattern of criminal behavior. When all is said and done they will be facing 1-2 charges each. If that.… Read more »
3 years 1 month ago

Right. Not like they are Bernie Madoff either.

The original whodat2112
The original whodat2112
3 years 1 month ago

I agree with every word you said. I’ve been saying the same thing since the news broke! I haven’t been commenting as much because a couple of commenters are soooooo exhausting! Same thing over and over, such glee in the fact the parents of 4 beautiful angels may IMO, won’t) go away. I feel it will plead WAY down, fines etc!

Thanks for the common sense in your post! It’s quite refreshing!

LookersMissesMelissa
LookersMissesMelissa
3 years 1 month ago

THANK YOU!!! Lol they actually think these ppl are facing “hard time” ! Lolol I’ll be shocked if EITHER do any jail time! I know from first hand experience and won’t say aceord now but y’all are delusional thinking any judge will put BOTH PARENTS of 4 minors behind bars for whire collar crimes which most likely ALL add up to a couple of million, IF that.

LookersMissesMelissa
LookersMissesMelissa

Won’t say a word*
Behind bars for white collar crimes*

Sorry for typos, tablets suck.

3 years 1 month ago

There is no statute of limitations on certain types of fraud. I may be wrong, but I think tax fraud has no statute. And, once they research recent years and find discrepancies, they can go back further…

There is no way that he couldn’t know he wasn’t a citizen… that is just BS. He wouldn’t have an American passport, he’d have to carry his green card when traveling (or technically all the time), can’t vote, can’t do jury duty, etc… that’s just not something that you don’t know.

3 years 1 month ago

That is true. There is no SOL on tax fraud. However, they usually do not go back more than 3 years. But if they find fraud they can go back forever.

3 years 1 month ago

Regarding statue of limitations, I believe it becomes extended if it is part of an ongoing crime.

For example, if you use something as collateral that you obtained fraudently, then the original transaction can be brought in. So, if you committed fraud to get your home, and you refinance that home, you can now be charged with 2 counts of fraud. Sort of like a “ponzi scheme”. I know this because in Denver, just before the real estate market fell, there was a group of people that were charged with fraud going back to the early 90’s.

3 years 1 month ago

In order to show conspiracy there must be a scheme or plan.

3 years 1 month ago

Rhfan im not a lawyer and I would have to look into other instances but its possible they found evidence from the 90’s but only charged them with the current crime.

3 years 1 month ago

Now rhfan, don’t go bothering these nice folks with piddly details like facts.

3 years 1 month ago

They were charged with ALL the crimes. It was considered an “ongoing criminal enterprise”.

emma
emma
3 years 1 month ago

Aloicious, the SOL in question regards Teresa’s (alleged) bank fraud and related charges in 2001. There’s a 10 year SOL on bank fraud.

I agree with you; how would Joe, whom we’ve seen travel outside of the US, not know he’s not a US citizen?! I’m calling shenanigans on this!

3 years 1 month ago

You can travel outside of the US without a US passport just saying…

*customs not customers

3 years 1 month ago

MisVigyal, I know you can travel out of the US w/o a US passport but you cannot get a US passport if you are not a citizen and to travel back in you generally need to show your foreign passport and green card or need to get a visitors visa (not sure what it’s called). My point is that there’s no way he didn’t know when having to deal with this. Even for the simple reason that he would even be entering through different customers lines/ areas than his family that are citizens!

3 years 1 month ago

Right I know the point is he had to know that he was not a US citizen it’s impossible he didn’t know it doesn’t make any sense that he wouldn’t have a US passport if he is a US citizen and lives in the US…he wouldn’t need a US passport if he’s not a citizen that is clear

3 years 1 month ago

Exactly Salazar b/c he had an italian passport. If he assumed dual citizenship he wouldn’t NEED a US passport to travel.

emma
emma
3 years 1 month ago

Yep. And we’ve seen him in Italy and he’d need his Italian passport to enter and exit Italy if he’s an Italian citizen. And I guess that could explain why he didn’t think he needed (or wanted) a US passport if he didn’t know he wasn’t a US citizen…I just find it hard to believe he didn’t know!

3 years 1 month ago

when us citizens travel outside the us they need a US passport .if he traveled without one then clearly he is not a US citizen there are maybe 5 places you can travel without one and not the places they have been

3 years 1 month ago

I agree completely Aloicious ,they have left the country several times this is impossible that he had no idea

renata
renata
3 years 1 month ago
as someone that has dual citizenship, yes you can travel with your non-usa passport but his excuse is the dumbest one I have ever heard. First off, a green card doesn’t last forever. You need to have it renewed so if he was little when he came here he should have had to renew it at least 3 times by now. Two, if he applied for work prior to starting his own business most companies require you to show proof of citizenship. His excuse is a cop out and he must think everyone is stupid and that we would all… Read more »

The Feds,

Do you believe that they are trying to make these two look like they are beyond idiots, so that they could never have devised a scheme or plan? I think is a possibility.

3 years 1 month ago

Other existing Green Cards have no expiration date, and those cards remain valid.

Newly issued Green Cards are valid for ten years for lawful permanent residents and two years for conditional residents.

The FEDS
The FEDS
3 years 1 month ago

I don’t know if I would call his excuse the dumbest one ever. In fact, I may call his lawyer a fucking genius for the excuse. Watch this play out and see if you agree later. I just hope their defense team recieves the credit they deserve for what they will accomplish. 🙂

3 years 1 month ago

Hi Aliocious i was only referring to the mail and wire fraud which has the 10 year statute of limitations.

emma
emma
3 years 1 month ago

I commented about the SOL right after the indictment came down. On the surface, there are a few things that don’t seem to amount to anything more than the Feds throwing the book at them. But, time will tell.

On another note: Joe’s family are citizens, but Joe didn’t know he’s not? Wait…what?

Cajsa
3 years 1 month ago

This actually happened in my family. My grandparents immigrated from Sweden with their children. After five years, they became naturalized citizens. My uncles were still children at the time and just assumed their were citizens. It was not until my uncle retired that he learned he did not become a citizen along with his parents. He became one as soon as possible and had no legal issues because it was just one of those things.

Aunt Sadie
Aunt Sadie
3 years 1 month ago

Maybe he thought marrying a us citizen made him one. I forget the laws but at one time two years of marriage then u were a citizen. With paperwork of course.

3 years 1 month ago

I believe he thought at anytime he could have attained US citizenship and he was not precluded from attaining it since he likely had a green card his whole life.

3 years 1 month ago

You can gain citizenship through marriage. But, it is a long, tedious process and you need to apply… You don’t automatically get citizenship. I think most immigrants know this…

This is true.

3 years 1 month ago

I think he would know that after being married to a citizen for two years you are eligible to apply for citizenship you are not automatically a citizen

#fact.

emma
emma
3 years 1 month ago

I didn’t even think of that angle, Aunt Sadie. You could be right. I had a good chuckle when I read it in the NY Daily News, though! 🙂

Kat
Kat
3 years 1 month ago

First time posting–I totally am blown away by this. Has he not traveled overseas–requiring proof that he is a U.S. citizen? And if he did obtain a passport and he is NOT a U.S. citizen–wouldn’t that be another fraud charge? And so the lies continue……

3 years 1 month ago

Please go brush up on immgration and naturalization. Your post is just super ignorant.

He doesn’t need to be a “citizen” to travel outside of the US. If he has a legal alien (Greencard) he can come and go as he pleases. You are assuming that he had a false “blue passport”? Yet, you don’t even know the law? oh ok.

kat
kat
3 years 1 month ago
Hi, Biotech! True, I don’t know every single immigration law that there is; however, I believe I was commenting on the fact that his lawyer seems to indicate that he NEVER knew that he was not a citizen. I believe I did mention that he could enter the US if he showed a legal reason to be here, i.e. a green card. If this is the case, he absolutely would know his citizenship status; Never once did I state that he could not leave the country as an unnaturalised resident. I was commenting on the KNOWLEDGE of his status. Did… Read more »
3 years 1 month ago

Kat, he probably used his European Community passport for the Republic of Italy. I can’t speak for him, but maybe he thought he had dual citizenship?

3 years 1 month ago

Kat- You don’t know what you’re talking about. All he needed to do to re-enter the USA is a valid greencard and even a Mickey Mouse passport.

3 years 1 month ago

Kat, I think you’re right- entering into another country/ leaving the US is entirely different than entering the US. There’s absolutely NO way you don’t know your status!

Kat
Kat
3 years 1 month ago
Hi Nonna! I am sure that he could use that passport to enter Italy but I believe that in order to re-enter the US, he would need to show a US passport, an enhanced driver’s license, or other reason to legally enter the US–i.e. green card (and if it is the latter, wouldn’t that indicate that he knew he was not a US citizen–and from the lawyer’s statement, he seems to be saying that he NEVER knew that he was not a citizen) He apparently does not have dual citizenship. Considering all the things that you need to show your… Read more »
3 years 1 month ago

Just because your not a US citizen doesn’t mean he couldn’t travel with his Italian passport and just thought to himself he doesn’t want to bother with the US passport. I have dual citizenship and sometimes just travel with my Hungarian passport depending on the country.

3 years 1 month ago

I understand not wanting US citizenship,that is not my point your mom is a french citizen and knows that. my point is he has to be aware he is not a US citizen ,

Salazar,

Many people never want to attain US citizenship and only want to keep their permanent green card. My mother is French but has been in the US for 53 years. She has never wanted to receive US citizenship.