Ryan Culberson Blames Editing For RHOC Finale Blow Up With Lydia’s Mom, Judy; Plus, His Domestic Violence Past Surfaces!

August 9, 2013 |By Continue Reading

RyanRHOCFinale

Vicki Gunvalson’s son-in-law Ryan Culberson has had a lot of backlash come his way after his appearance on the season eight finale of Real Housewives of Orange County this week! Ryan was shown cursing at Judy, Lydia McLaughlin’s mother, after she rested her feet on one of Vicki’s couches at her party.

Ryan is now speaking out to Marine Corps Times, saying “There was so much more … that led up to that incident which they fail to include to make me look like the crazy Marine. It definitely was a crazy night and I cannot get over how the producers edited it.”

Producers might edit scenes out of sequence but I doubt they animated Ryan to make him look like he was cursing out a woman and acting like a lunatic! And claiming that it was his house, before correcting himself?

Ryan adds, “I said somethings in the heat of the moment that I wish I hadn’t. But if the true story had of been painted it would be a lot more justified.”

I’m not sure I buy this. Editing can do a lot of things but Ryan still said those things and they were caught on the mic.

“I think you just need to make sure you steer clear of any drama that would make you look bad or bring discredit on the Marine Corps,” Ryan said about appearing on TV. “I think, unless it’s something positive, it’s just not a good idea. Putting anything negative out there is only going to create problems.”

Vicki also spoke to the site, telling them that Ryan told her off-camera that Judy was being very rude and disrespectful during their exchange, leading him up to that level of anger!

Do you think Ryan had a right to speak that way even if something had led up to this that was not shown? Do you believe Ryan that Judy was being rude and disrespectful to him?

UPDATE: It turns out that Ryan has a past with domestic violence! In 2010, his ex-girlfriend Rachel Lawrence had him charged for domestic violence and he was arrested for it. Check out the screen caps from the Orange County Superior Court of California web site:

Screen Shot 2013-08-09 at 12.54.46 PM Screen Shot 2013-08-09 at 12.55.12 PM

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Category: Lydia Mclaughlin, RHOC, Vicki Gunvalson

Cherie
Cherie

This loser can blame editing all he wants. Just shows what a lousy liar he is! Seriously, Culberson! Can’t you think of a better lie than that!? Boy, you suck at covering your own butt! And you call Brooks “a piece od shit” (your own words via Twitter)??? Well, congrats, buddy! By your actions at Vicki’s party, you made Brooksy look like a GENTLEMAN!

Sucks to be you, don’t it Ryan? HA!

Heather Green
Heather Green

Back to this Ryan issue…if you go back to listen to the “argument” he had with Lydia’s Mom, you will hear that he first started to say that “he owned the house”, but then stopped and said he lived there. I think that he feels his piddly monthly contributions earn him the title of the Man-Of-The-House. He for some reason feels very entitled and I am beginning to think that he too is an opportunist, just like Brooks.

Wallace
Wallace

Well I’m glad we all agree on something!! This kid is a hot headed douchebag. Brianna doesn’t look too happy no wonder she’s raining on her mothers parade.

bahw
bahw

I dont believe for one minute that Bravo would edit a marine serving our country to look bad. That would be very risky and bad on their part and would discredit them andtheir comp. The backlash would be huge.

So no I do not believe it was editing, AT ALL. I called it what it is the first time I saw the outburst, abusive behavior. He definitely demonstrates that as well as Brianna already shows the classi behavior of someone being abused.

Abuse is mental, physical, AND verbal.

Elizabeth
Elizabeth
Ryan Culberson is a disgrace to the uniform. I have been a military wife for 18 years and have never ever seen a vicious display of behavior like that from any soldier especially toward a woman. The boy is obviously mentally unstable, a liar, dishonorable, and delusional. He can blame editing all he wants, but those were his words and actions. That woman did nothing to deserve such a tirade. That livingroom is not a battlefield. The fact that Ryan Culberson is unapologetic makes him look even worse. He is a loose canon. Glad he is gone, he will not… Read more »
Steph
Steph
Maybe Briana isn’t as smart as we all thought. The fact that she keeps bringing up Brooks just makes me think she’s trying to distract everybody’s attention away from her incredibly aggressive husband. There is nothing that Judy said or could have said (although I don’t believe his “edited” story. He’s clearly lying just as he did when telling everyone that Judy said “who the f are you” we all heard her and she said no such thing.) Ryan was not only out of line with his abusive comments but for him to continue to lie about it is just… Read more »
Sue
Sue
Definite red flags that Ryan needs some mental health help. His quickness to rage leads me to wonder how he will react to his baby, Troy, when he gets into all the mischievous situations that young children do. I also fear for Brianna and her safety. No matter what was edited or not, Ryan’s reaction was out of control and definitely abusive. He shows real signs of anger and abuse issues. I have always felt that Vicki is a strong and intelligent person. My hope is that she will stand her ground with Ryan. Her focus now needs to be… Read more »
Belinda Jane
Belinda Jane

Vick is a grown adult, she can date who ever she pleases. Her mistakes to make.
Her daughter should look at her own life and stop judging her mother.
Ryan needs help and maybe a few anger management sessions.
My partner has served and doesn’t act like that nor should it be an excuse.
He was wrong in my eyes the day I watched the episode when he set up cameras around Vickis house, what the….?

GoldStarMCwife
GoldStarMCwife
As the Gold Star Wife of a Marine I would like to say: EVERYONE UPSET WITH RYAN PLEASE READ: To the enraged Mob ready to lynch (some of the responses I’ve read online weren’t far off from this, some were even worse) the military man who cursed and went verbally overboard on an elderly woman I would say – Please remember you are viewing an EDITED situation on a reality tv show. So many are calling for action to write letters to his commander etc. and I ask, Who does it help to get this one person either demoted or… Read more »
bahw
bahw
I can agree with you on every aspect of the millitary but I can not with Ryan. I have not said anything regarding his actual service but his personal life actions are what I question. I still dont think it was edited, Bravo would not or hopefully could not be stupid enough to edit a military man serving our country to look bad. If it were to come down to a possibility of him being DD’d then you better bet the military would want that full unedited filming, I just can’t see them going off a silly reality tv show… Read more »
bahw
bahw

Sorry i hit submit too soon, I still dont believe because i see him as just a jerk, controlling and abusive. To what extent, I do not know, obviously, and if it is edited and it comes out as a fact then Bravo will lose a whole lot of viewers because to me editing a soldier of any kind to look like that is in very poor taste and almost like a crime of betrayal to your own country.

Aussiegirl
Aussiegirl
Oh please everybody: calm down. Just because this guy is in the military it doesn’t give him license to act like a complete dickhead. There are lots of people in the military. Like in any job, plenty of them are excellent people, but I’m willing to bet there are quite a few wankers. Just because he’s a serviceman it doesn’t mean he’s a great guy, and it doesn’t mean he’s a jerk either. Just like every bloke who ever delivered the mail isn’t a psycho killer just because ‘Edmond Oklahoma’. He’s a jerk because he’s a jerk. Whether he’s a… Read more »
Lovelyox
Lovelyox
He always seemed like a little brat to me, like in the episodes when Vicki’s brother is talking to him and basically tells him that this is Vickie’s house and he needs respect that and not act like he can make the rules., Ryan was still being a prick, not as much..but you can tell it was brewing inside him. It kinda seemed the way that Vicki’s brother kept mentioning the fact she shouldn’t let these kids run her house, technically her life that he kinda already knew where shit would lead with Ryan and his attitude toward being “the… Read more »
wv
wv

I would be cautious if I were Vicky , He said he owns her house? Hmmm I know he has and is overseas , and in the USMC and I have to thank him for that , but to repeatly use the Marines in his excuse as he has . No one insulted the marines , I think he is a Trash , and yes he is the controller , Vicky needs to get Brianna away from him , Yesterday !

sharon jones
sharon jones

Ryan is vile and dangerous. I am sure Briana knows all about Ryan’s anger issues and walks on eggshells around him. Now her love has turned into fear. The Brooks problem doesn’t seem so big now……

Tia
Tia

Ryan has obvious control and anger issues, I found it strange when Vicki had her arm on Judy and Ryan yelled don’t put your arm around her, and Vicki very quickly dropped her arm. Vicki trying to protect her daughter will protect Ryan I think any mother would, having the real heart to heart discussions off camera. The whole argument was disturbing to watch, and I agree no editing can MAKE Ryan look bad he did it on his own.

Cajsa

I noticed that rapid obedience to his barked order, too, and it made me think she has been abused in the past and is perhaps conditioned to abusive, domineering men. Perhaps Briana is, too, and Ryan lucked into two trained women, wife and mother-in-law, who will tolerate far more than emotionally healthy women would.

I think one of her husbands was abusive, not Donn, but an earlier one. Donn was certainly emotionally abusive, calling her a bitch in front of other people as he did.

Htownmom
Htownmom
For the person who’s blamin VicKy and Billy forRuan acting a fool is a bigger fool Ryan is a grown ass man.I thought that he was gonna whip that ladies ass. Wow we need to keep his big bad over there with the terrorist. Brianna said I can’t even put my feet on the couch! Big deal. Brianna is just happy to have a man. She has book sense but no common sense. And Vicki can date a serial killer, she’s grown and lives in her own home. Ryan was so wrong by all means! Editing couldn’t have made that… Read more »
Renlan
Renlan

I cringed watching this “man” treat sweet Judy so badly. And the way he jumped in front of Billy (V’s Bro) and swung at him DEFINITELY showed that he has a REAL PROBLEM! I’m shocked by “New Briana”, Old Briana would have ripped him a new one. Clearly, she’s terrified of him.

Harley's Mom
Harley's Mom

I dont think Ryan swing at Billy. It looked like Brianna was grabbing his arm to get him away and he wrenched his arm out of her grasp. Still violent. Brianna was upset with her mother calling him a loose cannon. She said something like. “Ohh again with this. Stop with the loose cannon stuff”. Which sounds like this is a repeated topic. Same with what Billy said. Ryan is so frightening.

Blue Robin
Blue Robin

I agree Harley’s mom. I watched it several times and it appeared to me that Briana grabbed his arm (low and inconspicuously as not to alert the cameras) and he jerked away from her. He was angry enough to hit someone though. Just not what he was doing right there.

db
db

I agree with Renlan. I watched that scene over a few times and it DOES appear that he was pretending to elbow Uncle Billy, then started stretching his neck the way boxers do when they’re getting ready to go into the ring. I think if the cameras weren’t there, he might’ve thrown a punch at someone.

cindi
cindi

karma… Brianna – your husband is a monster and to think you thought Brooks was…. also… shame on you and your husband for talking behind your Mom’s back to the other cast members – Slade & Gretchen. Both of your tru colors came out in this episode.. shame on you Brianna and you better run as fast as you can from that stinkin husband of yours.

Parkview
Parkview

I thought ryan was married until 2011. Why did he have a girlfriend in 2010? Am i missing somethng?

IBS
IBS

I don’t feel Brianna and Ryan should be on the show
at all. To Ryan, everything is real and probably doesn’t understand how this show works and the make believe actors.

It could also be the producers told him to do something outragous. Did Judy use the word, “fairy”
dust to Ryan? That could have set him off too not
understanding what she meant.

CONTACT INFO TO SHOW DISGUST FOR RYAN
CONTACT INFO TO SHOW DISGUST FOR RYAN
The Disher
The Disher
I understand why Vicki is defending him — because of her daughter, so her intention is good. She said she had “concerns” about Ryan last season — I think she knew about his past. She’s only dumb when it comes to her own men. Judy is a complete, self-admitted stoner. Stoners are completely mellow — consistent with what we saw on camera. Ryan barking orders “don’t hug her” and continually calling the poor woman, “bitch” and “fuck her” “get the fuck out” & threatening to throw her out — plus, his lack of alternative explanation, makes me think he is… Read more »
Elizabeth
Elizabeth

Ryan Culberson is abusive to all women. He spoke to Judy, Vicki, and Lydia with absolute disrespect. He is no gentleman and a disgrace to the Marines.

Htownmom
Htownmom

I agree with you 100%. Judy even asked THE HULK..(Ryan. To stop using the f word. I wonder why Lydia husband wouldn’t punch him in the face for disrespecting his mother n law. I wonder do Ryan holler at men like that.

Yuck
Yuck

That’s a good question. Where was Lydia’s husband when he was speaking that way to her?

Yuck
Yuck

Or any of the other guys? Jim, Eddie, Slade? Didn’t they hear it – or see the posturing and aggression?

it's a little fat shoe
it's a little fat shoe

Let me get this straight Briana, so you mom can’t date Brook’s because you think he’ll use her for her money, but you can date a woman beater that mooches off your mom’s money along with you?! riiiiight!

cindi
cindi

so so true…

Happy day
Happy day

Thank you!

Brianna constantly has her hand out for money with one hand (she likes all those free Vickie vacations too) while she insults and speaks horribly to and about her mother. I have always had a huge problem with the lack of loyalty and respect Brianna and Michael give Vickie, Yes, she is controlling and annoying, but from money, to careers, Vickie gives them everything and deserves better.

it's a little fat shoe
it's a little fat shoe

True. I really do believe Vicki adores her kids and would do anything for them. I would never treat my mother like this!

TEAM FAIR
TEAM FAIR
Oh, Ryan; please do not insult my intelligence and say it was editing….ummm..ok! Apparently Ryan needs to be reminded he is a MAN. I don’t care how disrespectful (which, I highly doubt) a 64yrs old woman “might” be; his reaction was totally disgusting and horrible to watch. Instead of being a man; and going to Vicki the OWNER of the home; he takes it upon himself to be aggressive, disrespectful and rude to not only to a woman; but, a 64yrs old woman. Besides, I can’t believe that Judy was disrespectful and rude as he claims. I really think Ryan… Read more »
Elizabeth
Elizabeth

I have been a military wife for 18 years and have never witnessed a display like Ryan Culberson’s tirade at the Gunvalson party. There is no excuse for such behavior like that or the excuses he is giving to the press now. If Culberson has PTSD then he needs to be in a psych ward which does not excuse such gross behavior or mitigate future abusive behavior.

CiCi
CiCi

He’s a liar face!

Tia
Tia

Hahahaha!!!

Ann Marie
Ann Marie

Ha ha, CiCi. Good one.

Afton
Afton
“If its negative steer clear from it?” All this kid has done since appearing on the show is spread negativity! Hes all up in the Brooks drama. Once again, Vicki is a HYPOCRITE…her big issue w/ Jeana all the time was Jeana “defending and making excuses for men who behave badly and treat women poorly.” god shes such a joke. so according to Vicki either A.) Bravo edits her family to look bad (which would make one think she would no longer participate in the show) or B.) Shes admitting the show is fake bc she claims they were already… Read more »
Avalei
Avalei

I really like Vicki. I always have.

Afton
Afton

Well its nice shes still got a few fans out there 🙂

Ann Marie
Ann Marie

The more I read ya’lls post the more I agree with you. No matter what she did, even if she said something incredibly vile, that was edited out. He as a young man should have walked away and never confronted her.

Run Briana Run
Run Briana Run

True. Even if she was peeing on the couch and shouting expletives the correct reaction would have been for him to discretely inform the host and owner of the residence – Vicki.

Aunt Sadie
Aunt Sadie

Or if he felt it “confrontational” he should of went to the owner of the house and politely informed her he was disrepected. That’s what Judy did.

They're All Crazy
They're All Crazy

Haven’t we already discussed this ad nauseum?

RabbleRouser
RabbleRouser

I read a very interesting comment in the Marine Times from someone who claimed to be a mental health professional.

The made the observation of Ryan was dressed in comparison the the rest of the guests. They felt felt like it was a deliberate attempt to stand out at the same time suggesting how he probably felt isolated and very different that the rest of the group.

db
db

I noticed that he was casually dressed at a formal party too. He also referred to Judy as “entitled,” I believe. What I get from that is he probably came from humble beginnings and resents people with money. Well guess what lyin’ Ryan, Vicki WORKED her way into that 3.5 million dollar house–she didn’t inherit or marry into money like he did.

Aussiegirl
Aussiegirl
Meh: the guy is a dickhead through and through. Everybody can see this now. He has a serious issue with his temper and an overblown sense of entitlement. He needs to be told to fuck right off. What shits me to tears even more is Vicki closing ranks behind yet another fucking wanker and justifying his behaviour. STOP THIS MADNESS! If you let these punks get away with shit like this you are endorsing it and that’s just as bad. No wonder they feel like they have a free pass to arseholedom: you give them one! There are none so… Read more »
inflight
inflight

So now we know Ryan has fallen through the cracks, it would seem several times and he desperately needs lots of help,which he seems unwilling to freely provide for himself. What is the next step?
Does the military call him in for a psych evaluation and put him in the hospital?
How does one go about helping these people to live a more healthy, happy and productive lives, as opposed to the hellish one he is trapped in now.
Let’s hope he can get squared away for himself, and his family.

chuckles
chuckles

He could be dismissed from duty, kicked out.

Aico
Aico

Not surprised at all. If I were his wife, I’d be very careful.

loli3
loli3
Vicki’s bro called it – the guy is a loose cannon. He was over controlling before. Judy is not an aggressive person at all. I’m sorry, I don’t buy his excuses about editing. She was totally blindsided. He went off the deep end and she didn’t hop to quickly enough probably out of shock and not understanding he was serious. He is a nutcase and Vicki is probably on one hand, trying to protect her daughter, and on the other, enabling that psycho. At the time, though, I understand saying whatever to get him to calm down. Her daughter is… Read more »