PHOTOS: Mercedes Javid Flaunts Her Bikini Bod

June 25, 2013 |By Continue Reading

Screen Shot 2013-06-25 at 9.49.12 AM

Shahs of Sunset star Mercedes Javid headed to Santa Monica this past weekend to get her tan on at the beach as she played with the water and showed off her curves.

Screen Shot 2013-06-25 at 9.47.49 AM

Screen Shot 2013-06-25 at 9.48.09 AM

Screen Shot 2013-06-25 at 9.48.33 AM

Screen Shot 2013-06-25 at 9.48.51 AM

Mercedes, 40, has made it clear that she is not ashamed of her body one time telling In Touch that “skinny is not appealing to me. If I were to admire another woman’s body type, it would probably be someone who is very curvaceous and slender in the right places. I think men tend to like it better.”

I think it’s great that Mercedes has enough confidence. Thoughts on Mercedes flaunting her bikini bod? Hot or not?

Tags: , , , , ,

Category: Mercedes Javid, Shahs Of Sunset

Sort by:   Newest | Oldest
Mendez
Mendez

You’re right. I am in my mid age and prefer women to be a little chubby but pleasing. What matters most is Mercedes self confidence. How could other people love if you don’t love or admire first your self. Very nice Mercedes! Love you baby!

Masha
Masha
I think we use word “overweight” very loosely, because we don’t want to admit to the problem. I insist that MJ is obese. Not morbidly obese yet, but obese. Overweight is 5-10, at most 20 extra lbs. When I look at MJ, I don’t see “curvy”, I see DM, HTN, early osteoarthritis, fatty liver changes,some forms of cancer, etc. Plus her heavy drinking. And to reply to some other comments, and as a medical professional I have to say that % of people with REAL thyroid problems among obese people is very small. It’s just a very popular excuse now.… Read more »
inflight

Maybe if MJ could resolve some huge issues with her mother she would loose some
of that weight, I wonder.

WarOnTara
WarOnTara

I say good for her for rocking the bikini and being comfortable. But booo for the “I don’t like skinny” comments. You can lift yourself up without putting others down.

Nettie
Nettie

A lot of curvier women have more confidence
Than skinnier women do. I am curvy and have more confidence than my skinny in shape friends. But I would never wear a bikini! My husband rather have me curvy than skinny that’s for sure . To each is own but I’ve heard only only dogs like bones.

lipojaq
lipojaq

she still looks bearable than blubber blubber blubber and lapband lauren.

lipojaq
lipojaq

those were horizontal lines before she put it on…lol jk

Jazzy
Jazzy

That is not what you call CURVY. I am sick and tired of girls with huge ass muffin tops attempting to make themselves feel better by calling themselves curvy. Mercedes is a beautiful person but she needs to dress for her body. Also she needs to change her diet up. I wouldn’t be surprised if she will need a bypass in a few years because her arteries must be disgusting.

bc ( Slut Pig)
bc ( Slut Pig)

Totally agree!

Tori
Tori
It’s hilarious how she thinks it’s cool to comment on men liking curvier women but I bet she would flip out if someone said men prefer very skinny women. It’s offensive both ways. Anyway, MJ isn’t THAT big but she has horrible style. She’s one of those girls who thinks that it’s more important to be able to squeeze into a certain size than just wear the size you look best in. The string looks like it’s about to snap off and she’s going to flash us all. I certainly couldn’t wear a bikini top like that without fear they’d… Read more »
Lynda
Lynda
I think she looks beautiful and glad she has the courage to be who she wants to be. I am absolutely shocked at some of the women’s responses on here. Calling some one fat is still acceptable if she was disfigured we would say how brave of her yes sometimes being over weight is sometimes due to laziness but sometimes it’s not. She may take meds that increased her weight case in point steroids. Or thyroid disease and a number of things.why is this still okay for us to ridicule the overweight and it’s okay I may ridicule a housewives… Read more »
Aussiegirl
Aussiegirl
Mate: she eats too much and drinks too much. She is likely unhealthy and medically overweight. I’m not passing judgement on her. It’s up to her how she lives her life. I couldn’t care less. I don’t think she looks bad at all. She looks okay, but yeah: she does seem overweight for her height. And if she’s comfortable, then fine. What I’m saying is her lifestyle is unhealthy. And that’s not fine. People who eat unhealthily and lead unhealthy lifestyles have all kinds of health problems. And that is a huge shame. Because MJ is a good person who… Read more »
Tori
Tori

I agree Aussie. She’s not healthy. The important thing is, no matter the size, that you are taking care of your body so that you can live a long healthy life. From what we’ve seen, MJ often drinks more calories than most people consume in food for a day. There’s nothing wrong with curves, as long as you take care of yourself.

rukidding?
you don’t know if she’s medical overweight. to me if you can’t see your feet or can’t bend over then you have a problem. clearly MJ can still function like everyone else. so she has a belly so that makes her obese? that is crazy. there are even “skinny” women with bellies. it’s just bizarre to me that women can be so critical of each other bodies. as women we shouldn’t do that. it’s bad enough we’re judged constantly by men and by society and now women want to dictate on what beauty and what curvy is? anyways, sorry for… Read more »
Aussiegirl
Aussiegirl

It’s cool rukidding! 🙂 when I said medically overweight I just meant she seems heavy for her height. I know BMI isn’t the most accurate indicator of healthy weight range, but it’s generally a reasonably accurate starring point. But I’m sure as shit no doctor, so don’t be taking no prescriptions from me!

But yeah. MJ could lead a healthier lifestyle. So could all of the people on that show, frankly. WTF: Gigi?

rukidding?

lol yeah GiGi is one crazy chick.

Aussiegirl
Aussiegirl

And yes: I know I contradicted myself when I said I couldn’t care less about how she lived her life and them said its not fine to live an unhealthy lifestyle.

Sue me.

Lynda
Lynda
No need to sue you lol and I agree she likes to get her drink on. I’m just saying if she’s happy with herself then let her wear what she wants. I am saying though women saying extremely cruel things about her is uncalled for. You don’t like her choice of clothing that’s fine but the name calling and ridiculing is uncalled for. You gave your opinion and was not cruel about it I respect that. I just think we should support people not ostracize (sp?) them. And I like your opening with mate, nice to hear and kind of… Read more »
Aussiegirl
Aussiegirl

Oh god no! I would never condone ostracising somebody based in their weight! I just think MJ could take better care of her health.

🙂

Ry
Ry

let’s be honest, that’s not a flattering bathing suit for her body type. If she’s comfortable with how she looks, good for her. Hopefully she has sorted out the drinking and pill popping issues she allegedly has though.

Aussiegirl
Aussiegirl
Good on her for wearing a bikini. I wouldn’t and I’m not uncomfortable with my weight: I just don’t like the idea of letting it all hang out anymore! That said, I don’t know about MJ. I think she does care about her looks way too much. She has very low self esteem, is constantly harassed by her mother about how bad a person she is and she is always in a full face of make up with false eyelashes. I couldn’t care less about weight, but I guarantee you she is not just ‘naturally curvy’. MJ is is overweight,… Read more »
rukidding?
yeah MJ does live an unhealthy lifestyle, she drinks a lot and allegedly takes pills. she does have low self esteem. I like that she doesn’t care how she looks in a bikini. you have to truly have big balls to wear one in public. she just doesn’t care. I love that about her. I think she is curvy, she has nice big boobs, she has hips and juicy butt and nice thick thighs but she can lose a few pounds in the stomach area but I really don’t think she’s overweight. MJ is right there are plenty of men… Read more »
jpg

Fat does equal curvy. This woman is fat. Glad you think you have it going on but the majority of us don’t. Quit making people look at your lazy ass in a bikini. Rude.

Masha
Masha
She is severely overweight, actually obese. That’s not curvy and not healthy. Trust me, I’ve been there. I lost over 85 lbs in 2 years. As a former athlete I could not believe I gained all that weight, but life isn’t easy, and it happened. Keeping all that weight off is also a lot of work and discipline, as much work as losing it. I still workout 5 times a week and eat very healthy. And I know that I’ll have to do it for the rest of my life. MJ is lazy, she also needs to stop drinking if… Read more »
rukidding?
MJ isn’t obese. everyone has there own idea on what obese is. could she lose some weight, YES. is she morbidly obsess, NO!! she might not be curvy to you because clearly you have issues but to many people with normal views on weight she is curvy and to many men she is sexy. I agree MJ is lazy and she does a lot of unhealthy things to her body. she has low self esteem and maybe and hopefully in the future she can work on her mental health and then she can work on her body. regardless what her… Read more »
jpg

She may not be morbidly obese (though I wouldn’t be surprised if she was due to BMI and other factors) but she is by no means healthy.

I don’t care “what some men find sexy”. Alot of men find anorexics skinny, doesn’t mean you should become one. The issue is health. And this woman has entirely too much fat to be considered any kind of healthy.

It’s not mean it’s true.

socalsoccer
socalsoccer

Crywolf, congrats. on the weight loss! I remember seeing that picture of Jessica in that movie, and she looked fantastic. Keep working hard and you will be happy with the results.

CryWolf
CryWolf
I agree with all of you guys here & there. Everyone makes great points. I think the points all stand on their own but I just wanted to throw some personal observation into the mix. I am working out like a beast these days. I have lost a heap of weight and I am not bold enough to admit to how much. But I like to look at fitness models for inspiration because It gives me a visual goal. Its not everyones preference of what to look like, but its mine. I came across a pic of Jessica Simpson during… Read more »
jpg

*surprised if she was considered obese not morbidly obese.

socalsoccer
socalsoccer

You are right about the alcohol. If someone is drinking everyday, it really puts the weight on. It’s easy to put on weight, but difficult to take it off.

jpg

Congrats on your weight loss. I’ve always been thin, but getting into my 30s my metabolism decided to slow down, so I too must watch what I put in my mouth and make sure I move more.

I’m sorry, but I’m sick of this “Love your body!” “Big is beautiful!”. I agree to the point that no, you don’t have to be stick thin, but healthy.

If you are obese, Do NOT love your body and Do NOT think it is beautiful.

Get healthy!

Whoopsie “does NOT equal curvy

jerseygirl
jerseygirl

Yes, applause for her confidence and I actually think the bikini looks nice on her, especially the color. She pulls it off because she carries her weight very well – evenly distributed and curvy. But she doesn’t look like a healthy 40 year old. She looks medically overweight. I’d be shocked if her doctor hasn’t already told her she needs to lose a few pounds.

cathy coneeny
cathy coneeny

she NEEDS a suit that fits…. its great she is happy with her body but in these pictures and on the show she looks terrible because she wears clothes 2 sizes too small….. and that is NOT flattering on anyone whether you are a size 2 or size 22

cindi
cindi

it is not healthy to be over weight…. embrace it all you want – it is not healthy… those are not curves – they are rolls. Yes she is beautiful but we need to promote healthy life styles.

bc ( Slut Pig)
bc ( Slut Pig)

socalsoccer
socalsoccer
My brother in law has steadily gained weight over the last 20 years. He is 43 and weighed 350lbs last year. He was having all kinds of health issues; the doctor told him to lose weight, or her would surely die sooner than later. He finally listened, and started walking every day. He only has healthy food in the fridge and excerises. He has lost 90 lbs in a year; it has gotten easier for him because, he feels so much better. He has a long way to go, but he is doing it the healthy way, not the Lapband… Read more »

Good on your bro! Congrats to him 🙂

A2
A2

There is such an intense focus on fat and health. Multiple studies have proven that being slightly overweight and active is actually healthier than slim and inactive. Why don’t people focus on thin people who smoke?? – like Stassi from Vanderpump Rules. Because the issue of fat is normally dressed up as a health concern when it’s really an aesthetic one.

jpg

Most scientists concur that obesity kills more people annually than cigarettes. Granted more and more people are quitting smoking and not starting to begin with.

Not gonna lie. Obese people piss me off. They raise all of our healthcare premiums and cost the US billions a year. All because they’re too lazy to eat healthy and exercise. Plus they have millions of other fat women egging them on telling them how “beautiful ” they are. No. It’s on the opposite spectrum of anorexia. It’s not ok, not healthy and SO easy to avoid.

A2
A2
A health professional friend of mine claims that smoking, of all the vices, is the single worst thing you can do to your body. I believe that overeating can be an addiction i.e. to continue to (and therefore compulsively) partake in a negative activity/substance, despite the negative consequences. Are there seriously millions of women in America encouraging obesity? I think fat and shame are so linked. Maybe millions in countries of starving, brown people where fat is a sign of health and wealth. Other instances that should therefore also be shunned by the health system: * Injured perpetrators of speeding,… Read more »
Amelia James
Amelia James

I agree with every word of your comment. Obesity is just as bad as anorexia; there is underweight and overweight and neither end of the spectrum are good.

jpg

There are also grocery stores. Where you can purchase all the healthy food you want. If you really want to add to it, walk to the grocery store. Simple things.

I will not subscribe to the excuse that obesity is a disease. It’s not. It is a choice.

rukidding?
anything that is an addiction is considered a disease? not your kind of disease but it is someone’s disease. something that is harming them, making them sick and need help to cure it. the originalA you said something about not seeing this problem in Europe and I agree. in some countries obesity isn’t an issue but in some places it is. in America it’s huge because we’re obsessed with food. there is a fastfood in every corner and new restaurants popping up everyday. it’s kinda weird because we’re also obsessed with looks and plastic surgery. you’re either anorexic here because… Read more »
The original A.

@jpg – agreed, it is NOT a disease, but I guess now they have officially declared is as one. Just absolutely ridiculous and irresponsible if you ask me. Nowhere else would it be considered as such because people actually take responsibility for themselves and strive to live healthy lifestyles. Way too many excuses is what the real problem is here.

rukidding?
wow, jpg..I always knew you were mean but I had no idea that you were this disgusting. are you seriously using premiums as an excuse to discriminate fat people? that is a cop-out and you know it. you discriminate because you have a fear of getting fat yourself. you have a problem. so it’s only fat people that raise premiums? I’m sure “skinny” or “slender” people like yourself raise them also. there are many people of all shapes and sizes that do unhealthy things to their bodies and go in and out of hospitals. “slender” people like yourself eat junk… Read more »
jerseygirl
jerseygirl

Uh. rukidding… it isn’t easy to START to lose weight, because it takes effort to make changes in ones lifestyle! Haven’t we mocked Lauren Manzo enough on this site for being incredibly lazy and unwilling to make the necessary changes to lose weight?

The whole “love your body” movement has taken a really wrong turn. Accepting your body for it’s natural shape is wonderful. Accepting your shape regardless of the state of your health is NOT.

rukidding?
no it isn’t fairly easy to lose weight either. I don’t know if you’ve ever been on a diet but it isn’t easy. I’ve been an over eater and I’ve been anorexic as well and I can tell you it’s not easy to try to eat healthy and get your body in shape. for some people it is easy but for many people it’s hard and it usually takes years for some people to finally get in shape. it’s all about metabolism, self esteem, motivation and the will power to work out and eat right. it is extremely hard to… Read more »
jpg

It’s not mean, it’s honest. Since when is obesity a disease? It’s not (except in RARE cases) it’s a lifestyle choice. I have no fear of getting fat as I take the proper measures not to do so. Eat less, move more. Simple and effective.

Besides all that, do some actual research before you just start spewing random ailments or injuries that in no way can match medical issues that arise from obesity.

The original A.
But it is fairly easy to lose the weight. Eating in moderation and exercising is the answer. Obesity is now officially a disease in this country, according to an article published on CNN just last week. It’s not really that big of a problem anywhere else. As someone who grew up in Europe, I can tell you that I have never seen anything like it than here in the states. I agree with you that being too skinny is not good either; there is always a happy medium. @JPG – I agree with your comment 100%. It’s not mean; it’s… Read more »
jen
jen

LOL!!! I finally agree with you on something!!!!

jerseygirl
jerseygirl

AMEN!

NonnaB
NonnaB

If it were anyone else, I’d say good for her — but that girl is one hot mess. My favorite person who has curves and class is Sofia Loren – she carries herself like a godess.

Cajsa

I would not have her confidence if I were there. I admire her for that. Yes, she is overweight, but she is beautiful. Confidence gives more beauty than shape any day of the week.

Isabella Patricia
Isabella Patricia

I agree! I love how confident Mercedes is. Whether she’s at the beach, or at a party… She wears what her clothes with confidence, and for that I admire! If I were curvy like her, I wouldn’t have the balls to wear a two piece to the beach.

Mercedes is a good person deep inside. She has inner beauty which shines through in her appearance.

NonnaB
NonnaB

I wouldn’t call it confidence, I’d call it she is either high or drunk.

jpg

Not gonna lie NonnaB ^ this made me giggle.

Beachiest
Beachiest

A very tiny percentage of women look like the girls you see on runways. Marilyn Monroe was a size 14. If she is comfortable in her skin, I applaud her. Good for you, MJ!

jpg
I wish people would quit perpetuating this lie. ” Marilyn Monroe’s measurements were 5 ft. 5.5 inches tall; 35 inch bust; 22 inch waist (approximately 2-3 inches less than the average American woman in the 1950s and 12 inches less than average today); and 35 inch hips, with a bra size of 36D. Her weight fluctuated a bit through her career, usually rising in times of depression and falling back to her normal thereafter, but her dressmaker listed her as 118 pounds and the Hollywood studios tended to list her between 115-120 lbs.” So yeah, Marilyn Monroe was by no… Read more »
jerseygirl
jerseygirl

Amen to that jpg! A size 14 in Marilyn Monroe’s days is more like a size 6 today so the “big girl” battle cry that Marilyn was a size 14 is misleading.

Right on JerseyGirl. You’re hep 😉

socalsoccer
socalsoccer

A 22 inch waist? I did not know she was that small. I think Marilyn Monroe always looked good.

jpg

She was a beautiful woman. But I’m sick of “bigger” gals making her their martyr. Granted she Def had the hourglass figure, but she was extremely thin.

I consider myself very slender and I’m nowhere near Marilyn.

jpg

She was not bigger than the other Hollywood starlets except for her chest.

If you don’t consider a 22 inch waist thin, take a tape measure and do a circle with 22 inches. Not even being a smart ass.

Marilyn was EXTREMELY thin.

madison
madison

agred again-alot of SMART people making sense on this subject.

rukidding?

a martyr? bit of a stretch, eh. bigger gals admire her because compared to the other Hollywood starlets in those times Marilyn was bigger. she was curvy and voluptuous. that is what made her famous. she had boobs and a butt and yes even a little belly and many times she would suck it in for pics. many women did that. you can tell in the pics. even to this day there are jerkoffs that think 120 is big. I don’t think she was either but she definitely wasn’t thin. Marilyn’s body was perfect.

jerseygirl
jerseygirl

And a large percentage of women in this country (I think more than 60%) are overweight & 1/2 of those women are obese. I think that’s a much bigger problem than the tiny percentage of stick figures on the runway.

The original A.

Sorry, I might get blasted for this comment, but those are not curves. Those are rolls of fat. She is a chubby woman. Curvy women are women like Sofia Vergara, Beyonce, Shakira, etc. They are curvy, fit and healthy.

I’m not saying she should not be happy in her own skin; good for her if she is! I just think she should have chosen a better swimsuit to go with her body type.

A2
A2

On the other hand, so much of what we call curvy isn’t e.g. Gisele Bunchen has been called voluptuous.

As Calista Flockhart pointed out ages ago in an interview, if it wasn’t for breast implants, there would be many more actresses being blasted for their weight, as she was at the time. So, I’ve tried doing that and she’s correct. The ‘new curvy’ is just thinness with implants. Very few women can naturally achieve the full bust and slenderness at the same time. Hence breast and butt implants and liposuction.

A2
A2

Sorry, it was Lara Flynn Boyle who made this point.

Masha
Masha

That bikini top is waaay to small. She’d look much better in better fitting bra. But she also needs to lose some weight.

Queen Vee
Queen Vee

MJ looks gross. She doesn’t have curves, she has fat. She needs to wear a more flattering bathing suit. Just because you claim to be comfortable in your own body, doesn’t mean you need to look sloppy.

madison
madison

agreed. lol

Gimme Pizza You Old Troll
Gimme Pizza You Old Troll

I have to say, if she’s confident in that suit, then let her rock it. I wish the US was more like Europe, where women are more embraced for being confident and loving themselves and their bodies instead of being scrutinized up and down. I also cannot believe she is 40 – her face alone easily looks 30.

windycitywondering2
windycitywondering2

Curvaceous is cool when the curves are toned (like in you have to exercise and eat right) and the outfit accentuates the woman’s figure. Just saying.

it's a little fat shoe
it's a little fat shoe

I totally admire her confidence. I gained 30lbs in the last 4 years, and am still only at 145lbs and I’m 5’8″. I won’t even go out in my swim suit, and am probably the palest girl in texas now. 🙂

It takes a lot of confidence to not worry about how you look and put it all out there. Good for her!

RabbleRouser
RabbleRouser

She can wear a two piece if she wants but personally I find the vintage 50 style bathing suites are much more flattering on us girls with some curves.

Personally, I don’t think her weight is the issue. It’s that she is a sloppy, puking in public drunk that makes her look like a slob.

Craneial
Craneial

She’s totally drunk.

A2
A2

Probably is, like most of the time.

inflight

Bless her for embracing her curves, but it is also important to be healthy, and have a
healthy life style.
I admire her confidence and her bold, brave in your face bikini wearing attitude.

PandaBear
PandaBear

Good for her. If she likes the way she looks in the swimsuit who cares what others think. She’s living her life, and I think MJ is beautiful.

Mrs KH
Mrs KH

Well I think she looks great! She’s got more balls than me anyway! Work it honey!