Kordell Stewart Files For Divorce From Porsha Stewart! [UPDATE]: Kordell Issues Statement!

March 26, 2013 |By Continue Reading

Another reality TV marriage bites the dust! In heart breaking Real Housewives of Atlanta news, newest ‘wife Porsha Stewart’s husband, Kordell Stewart, has filed for divorce after just under two years of marriage, TMZ reports. Kordell filed for divorce on March 22, 2013 and the couple are separated as of now!

TMZ reports that Kordell claimed the marriage was “irretrievably broken”. Kordell is refusing any spousal support, claiming that Porsha “[She’s] an able-bodied person, earning income and is capable of supporting herself.”

The couple were chronicled on their first season of the hit show as they struggled with the idea of having children. Kordell gave his wife Porsha a choice between family or career, and he also appeared to be very controlling of her, which got him a lot of backlash from the audience! Surely, this was a contributing factor to their divorce.

Do you think it’s better for Porsha that she re-marries a man who has the same vision as she does? Could she have made it work with Kordell if they had tried longer?

I guess life wasn’t as picture perfect as people said…

UPDATE: Kordell has issued a statement to HipHollywood via his lawyer. Check it out:

Tags: , , , ,

Category: Porsha Stewart, RHOA, Top Story

Chemobrain
Chemobrain

Perhaps when Porsha was talking to her therapist, Porsha then started to think.
The other HW’s, I feel, had no influence over her. They are all way past Porsha’s age.

To Porsha: It’s nothing you did wrong so please don’t blame yourself. You’re young, beautiful and a
plus right since Kordell will not be a father
to your future children.

JD
JD

KORDELL KORDELL…it’s ALL about him

audpaud
audpaud

Google Kordell Stewart and “gay”…I think he wanted OUT of the limelight so he wouldn’t be OUTted. (Good one Dee, that he and Walter are now together, lol!)

Love Reality TV
Love Reality TV

Oh, Kordell, who are you kidding? You just realize you were losing control! UGH!

joleeface
joleeface

Just wondering, did Kordell picked Porsha because she was ditzy and he thought he could control her so she could be the perfect beard? I like Porsha and hope she finds fulfillment in all areas of her life. She is deserving.

Lapband Lauren
Lapband Lauren
I think he failed to give her what she really wanted and in return gave her material things, such as those fancy gowns, chanel bags, lavish parties. I think thats disgusting of him to tell her she had to pick a choice-career or children. A real man allows his lady to be independent yet take care of the household. And there is women who have done this, look at angelina jolie, SIX KIDS yet working all the time with her man and traveling with the children. It was obvious porsha had other dreams and goals and kordell wouldnt let her… Read more »
Yep
Yep

He’s a jacka$$. Not too long ago he was tweeting:

“My wife @PorshaDStewart showed “LEADERSHIP” not giving into PEER PRESSURE. That is real #girlpower…..”

Now all of a sudden he files for divorce? Something is fishy…

MsE
MsE

That guy is so controlling and he is very ugly and rude. Did u see the scars on his chest and arms? Looks like he got stabbed a few times. PORTIA hold your head up high keep it moving. You will find a better guy.

Rach
Rach
I feel for her. TMZ has her stating that Kordell led her to believe that they could work on their issues and then blindsided her with the divorce filing That’s such a cowardly move. My guess is that she started standing up for herself more and he’s divorcing her because controlling her isn’t as easy as it once was. What a punk ass bitch he is. I’m sure Porsha will fare well. She looks like a black Barbie so I’m sure she’ll have no problem finding another wealthy suitor searching for a trophy wife. In the meantime, she comes from… Read more »
Aloicious
Aloicious

Question – Possibly a new thread topic? In one of her blogs, Porscha said that she did not have a prenup, yet Kordell’s statement said that he won’t be giving her anything. How is that possible??!!

Lapband Lauren
Lapband Lauren

He’s seriously already talking about dividing assets? How disguating is he? You just filed from divorce and you’re already on that? Give your freaking wife a damn break! Hes a disgusting pig and i knew there was a reason why i didnt like his vibe…

Lightness
Lightness

Aloicious, in Georgia, assets are divided more generously after a married couple reaches the two-year mark. I think Kordell filed for divorce BEFORE the two-year mark but I am not 100% sure.

stay
stay

I think she is simply beautiful and I wish her the best.

Dee
Dee

He and Walter are together now.LOL

FancyPants
FancyPants

I always find it amazing how people actually find pleasure and entertainment in the misfortune of others. I pray that Porscha has family and friends she can lean on for support during this experience and she goes on to find someone to complement her beautiful spirit and personality.

To actually bash someone for loving their husband….UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!! People need to go find their happy, only a miserable person revels in the misery of others.

Rach
Rach

I saw a comment on Twitter this morning where someone tweeted to Kenya that Porsha’s divorce was karma for her “teasing” Kenya for not being married. I think that was the exact moment I lost all faith in humanity.

Praussie
Praussie

Please don’t lump us all with that tweeter. I too had a very heartbreaking divorce. I feel for Porsha.

FancyPants
FancyPants

Very sad.

Beachiest
Beachiest

Kordell comes across like a real jerk. While divorce is a sad thing and my heart goes out to Porsha, in the long run, this is the best thing that could have happened to her. No one should be married to a control freak, who seems to be lacking sensitivity.

Tee
Tee
The way I see it is that they did have the same vision for their marriage. Porshadstewart thought she wanted to be the perfect stay at home wife and mother and cater to her husbands every need and desire. What man wouldn’t go for that?? Coming on this show and talking to these women completely changed her outlook and she probably just expected Kordell to jump on board but he wasn’t willing. I think that he did talk to her more as a father would buy I also think she liked that. She liked him taking the lead and being… Read more »
Cajsa

I feel sorry for her. She treated him far better than he treated her. As to his press release, his concern is for his son? Yeah, right! What a dick move.

Matilda Brown
Matilda Brown

Did you notice it stated “Re: Kordell Stewart & Porsha WILLIAMS” ~ damn Kordell that’s cold blooded.

Praussie
Praussie

Then it’s not legal cuz she’s a Stewart. I blame him for goading Porsha into annoying the other housewives. She was fine with things, and he would say don’t let them do this or that to you. You stand up for your right, etc. They weren’t doing anything to her. But because of Porsha listening to Kordell she ended up looking dumb.

Lapband Lauren
Lapband Lauren
Yea, cause he’s a douchepig. Did they consider marriage couseling or any of that? Its a shame they gave up but i’m starting to believe he’s the one that gave up and left. I’m sorry some people change but the way porsha was changing was not in a bad way. She wanted a career and children and he said no. If jim bellino was fine with his wife starting a career, why couldnt kordell? Alexis has three kids too. And jim seemed very conservative and old school and liked his wife staying at home but she stood her ground and… Read more »
DebV
DebV

Remember when Jennifer from Basketball Wives was having problems with her husband and he told her she needed to stop running around with and listening to her single girlfriends? I think Porsha may have listened too much to what the mostly single women of RHOA were telling her.

Lapband Lauren
Lapband Lauren
Why does evelyn have to be a hoodrat? Forst off jennifers ex husband cheated on her the day before her wedding day. I dont care what any of u call eveyln but she was there for jennifer when her husband was NOT. bumo head was retired from basketball and couldnt even stand to be around his wife. I dont care if you are a good girlfriend you hit your frienda with the TRUTH not sugar coat shit. At the end of the day it wasnt evelyn who was holding the pen to sign the divorce papers, it was JENNIFER. jennifer… Read more »
Say What??
Say What??

DebV I remember that and with Jennifer it was true. She needed to stop listening to that hood rat Evelyn . But in this case porsha did an interview just days ago saying how perfect her marriage was and her and kordell were doing good. From what I understand, porsha is probably as shocked as we were.

DebV
DebV

I just read on Tamara Tattles that Porsha found out on the internet just like we did. That’s just too sad!

Aloicious
Aloicious

That’s a bunch of bull! My friends are probably half married/ half single – and it does not affect your relationship – unless your relationship isn’t strong to start off with!

DebV
DebV

That’s your opinion and obviously in the case of Jennifer her husband thought it did affect their marriage.

RahRah
RahRah

I pray for the best for Porsha.

Wow.. Poor Porsha. She tried to do right by him but I think he did not want her to have any life outside of kissing his butt. I never saw this coming , and not so soon. Im surprised Mr. Man gave up so easily on his vows.

A.
A.

I was shocked to read this because they appeared to doing OK on the show and she was always so happy when she talked about their marriage. However, if it’s true that he is controlling, then I think it’s best for her to be on her own, find herself and eventually find someone who will love her, support her decisions and let her do her own thing.

What Happened Was..
What Happened Was..

They were not compatible….had different visions for their marriage….being on a reality show for the world to judge you is hard….editing can make or break you and if your marriage is not strong….it gets broken….

But remember, there is no pre-nup…at least Portia doesn’t think there is….she probably wouldn’t remember what she signed…

Her family has money and I’m sure she will fair well with this split…..guess things weren’t as perfect as she thought….it’s sad….

ladyluck
ladyluck
This is surprising but not surprising at the same time. She seemed to really live him, but he seems like a complete dick. I always felt he kind of talked down to her, and ditzy or not, no woman deserves that. She’ll be better off without him. Your husband want you to do well and be successful, he should be your number 1 supporter and fan. He should help you and want you to achieve your goals, and help you do all these things no matter what. She should have said buh-bye to him the second he started acting like… Read more »
lobstahsmaht
lobstahsmaht

There have been rumors for years that he is gay. Could be the reason.

Prettypinkie
Prettypinkie

LMAO, but you could be very right, Maybe he tryed out the Wifie thing and it just wasn’t for him.

Maggs
Maggs
I’ve always heard Kordell plays for the “other” side… here’s a blind on CDAN today, everyone pretty much guessing this is Kordell: Blind Item #5 She is barely out of her teens. She is also the reason that this C+ reality star is now getting a divorce. Her husband found someone younger and someone who doesn’t have a desire to be on television and someone who will worship the ground he walks on. Also, the barely out of her teens woman has another quality that he has never had before in a relationship. He is in lust with that quality.… Read more »
Say What??
Say What??

Hmm this blind item would be about a wife that kind of looks manly? I think there is no confusing porsha with a man. She’s so naturally beautiful with female curves , features , hair and a girls personality.

Now I’m trying to figure out who else it could be about! Tamra and Eddie maybe? She does have a mans mouth lol

@SayW

The way I read the blind item is that the husband found someone else that is barely out of her teens and doesn’t want to be on tv. Because of this new person, he is getting divorced.

I could be wrong though, or just confused.

Lightness
Lightness

Say What, the ‘quality’ referenced in the blind item refers to pegging. Just google the term and it will all fall into place for you. 🙂

BionicMe
BionicMe

Walter?

GeesLouise
GeesLouise

lmao!!!

sandy
sandy

I hope Porsha wasn’t blindsided by this and is alright. Yes I know she isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed but she is sweet and kind-hearted. Plus she is stunning. She gets a pass from me just for being so young. All those other women are at least ten years or more her senior. I really hope they take her under their wing and lift her up. But who knows with these gals? I wish Porsha the best.

LisaH
LisaH

I think she’s better off! Who the hell wants to constantly told what to do & when to do it & it’s either a career or kids…wtf….DADDY MAY I?? F*ck off Kordell….

Get kenya off rhoa
Get kenya off rhoa

I feel sorry for porsha but I’m glad because she’s beautiful and sweet I know she can do better

Bryn
Bryn

Agree 100%, Get. I also feel sorry for Porsha. I hope she she gives herself a little time to mature and finds a man who will treat her like a wife, not a daughter.

QueenB2013
QueenB2013
A slim waist and pretty face only last for so long. At some point you want someone of substance, even if they are a stay at home wife/mother. Kordell thought he had a “PYT” to stay at home and cater to him like a king and when she got a whiff of freedom and started stepping out of his prescribed “lane” for her, he was done. Plus he’s not slick. In GA, after 2 years of marriage the spouse is entitled to half of everything regardless of if there’s a prenup or not, that’s why he’s filed right before the… Read more »
Mike
Mike

I guess he made up with his boyfriend at the park.

Lol Mike..

My husband watched part of an episode with me. He saw Kordell with Porsha and said “oh he’s with a woman? I heard he was gay”

So who knows?

mego the lying stripper
mego the lying stripper

Oh no, You think? Wowzer.

Leg Before Wicket

Yeah what’s up with that???? Any facts?

BionicMe
BionicMe

lmaoooooooo

PandaBear
PandaBear
I personally like Porsha on the show, she’s young, naive, and slow on the uptake at times but she seems to have a good heart. She constantly defended him against everyone else. She also seemed like a good wife and wanted to make her husband happy. She might have thought everything was all good then when she watched the shows and people started talking about how she needed to be more independent took it to heart. Kordell is/was too sensitive to do reality tv. He got a horrible edit. But so did Peter the first season Cynthia was on and… Read more »
Say What??
Say What??

I agree about bravo and their edits. Joe guildice, Peter, slade ( although slade prob deserves it) Simon , Tamara’s ex husband , then they showed Chris Laurita as a creepy gossiping girl and now Mauricio is shown as the creepy gossiping girl. Hard to judge someone from bravos edits. They should be more creative with their villain roles hehe

CaTface
CaTface

Don’t forget Jim Bellino!