AllAboutTRH EXCLUSIVE: Gretchen Rossi Responds To Tamra Barney Saying It’s Hurtful That Tamra Is Tearing Down Her Character, Business And Singing!

March 7, 2013 |By Continue Reading

AllAboutTRH recently had the opportunity to catch up with Real Housewives of Orange County star Tamra Barney at her fitness Grand Opening. While we were there, we asked Tamra about her friendship with Gretchen.

Tamra had this to say, “It’s grown. We continue. We definitely have some hiccups with some things I’ve seen in her that were issues that I had in the very beginning with her. It made me open my eyes and question, ‘is this really what I want in a friend?’ I’m not saying we’re enemies by any means. I still talk to her, but some things definitely come to light.”

Tamra also slammed Gretchen for her singing saying she sucks adding, “Have you heard her sing? Are you going to argue with me? No Housewives should sing!”

Gretchen who thought Tamra and her were in a good place was totally taken back by these comments and responded EXCLUSIVELY to AllAboutTRH telling us she was “surprised” and had no idea Tamra felt this way about her!

“I was surprised to hear she questioned the friendship she has with me. Her and I talk often and I certainly did not know she felt this way, however I’m not naive to the fact that we had some hiccups this season as all friendships do. I think I have realized with her that when you call her out about things she goes on the attack and lashes back at you. This season she was texting me one thing about a situation, but on camera displaying another. I’m just a straight shooter, I don’t talk out both ends of my mouth. So I asked her on camera what the deal was and how come she was texting me one thing but doing another, needless to say that didn’t go over very well and things got a little weird with us for a minute, but I thought we worked through it and were back on good terms. Perfect example is this interview with you guys, when I asked her about it she texted me it was all BS and you guys completed manipulated the story, but then you guys said you have voice recordings of her saying this about me, so as anyone would feel, sometimes it’s hard to know what the truth is. However as a friend I want to give her the benefit, so I have to believe her.

With that said you asked if what was said was hurtful, and the truth is if she did say it, of course it is. How could it not be, that is why I immediately reached out to her and asked why would she say those things? All I know is that I have been nothing but supportive about her business endeavors, her personal life, and protective over people taking away from special moments in her life (as you will see this season with an event at her fitness studio and dress shopping day). I have always done that for my friends and always will. This past year I have talked to her several times and texted about her fears of starting her own business always encouraging her to go after her dreams. I have always said I believed in her and knew she could do it and that it was her past getting in her way (meaning certain people making her feel like she was incapable or always tearing her down). I myself am a self made entrepreneur and it’s important to empower others (especially woman) who are starting out in that space. She has told me several times that she has had nothing but positive things come in her life since we have become friends and that she likes talking to me because I lift her up and don’t tear her down like certain other friends of hers. So obviously, if what was said in this article is true it is beyond hurtful that she would tear down my business, my character again (because we had a disagreement) and now my singing.

I write and sing because it is something I love to do in my past time. I don’t need everyone’s approval, and I’m not trying to be the next big pop star. I know my capabilities and why I am doing this. I do this for the fans that continue to be touched by my lyrics and meaning behind my songs. Every song has a message that has been inspired by the experiences in my life. The emails and feedback from people saying how much it has helped them get through something makes it all worth it and the people who hate on it. I’m ok with someone’s opinion and if they don’t like my singing, I am not offended, but Tamra has never voiced that to me. She actually said I rocked it at Pussycat Dolls and was super proud of me, and has heard all of my songs and has always said, they were good. Tamra certainly would not like anyone having a negative thing to say about her new business venture in the fitness industry, and her level of fitness to be doing something like that.

She also says she is not here to make friends and this is a job for her at the end of the day, which I respect, but for me I am not willing to lose my integrity or the way I treat others to keep my paycheck. I think we can all have our opinions in a very authentic and adult like manner without assassinating someone’s character or business just so we make good TV. Funny thing is Tamra actually asked me in one scene this year how I know so much about so many things and how I know how to deal with them so well. I laughed and said “I don’t really, I just live and learn”. I think even though both brutally honest Tamra and I go about it differently when we deliver that information. Her way works for her and my way works for me.

I sincerely wish her nothing but the best in all her endeavors.

The best part of all this is that anyone can say whatever they want, but I am, and always will be #Unbreakable”

AllAboutTRH records each interview I have with housewives and never twists words. I think Tamra didn’t realize she would hurt Gretchen by saying what she did. Thoughts on Gretchen’s response? Looks like there friendship didn’t last like many assumed…

Watch Gretchen’s video HERE and HERE

Tags: , , , ,

Category: EXCLUSIVES, Gretchen Rossi, RHOC, Tamra Barney, Top Story

Billy
Billy
3 years 1 month ago
this show is scripted just like the kardashions but that dont mean the show is not good cuz it is good yea..people say kardashions have no talent but they do the same thing that every tv actor does so the kardashions are actress’s too but they dont get credit like tv actors do…housewifes are actress’s too but they dont get credit bcuz their job is 2 make pulic think its not scripted and it depends on ratings of who gets paid more…nini on atlanta houswife makes most on alanta show…its just a night time soap opra but its good some… Read more »
PaigeRayner
PaigeRayner

What is funny to me is how all these women accused Alexis of being pretentious but yet all of them are pretentious to me. They flaunt everything they have and try to outdo each other. It is like the pot calling the kettle black! Alexis was a true friend to Gretchen. Then Gretchen turned on her. So the person I feel sorry for throughout all of this is Alexis and hopefully Gretcen realizes now that karma can come back to get you!

piperoni

Now we are sopose to fell sorry about this friendship that never was.I called it last season.You could tell the friendship was fake.I am watching because Alexis,is back.Gretchen alot of people blogged you were a crap of a friend to Alexis last season.All i can say is Alexis watch your back.

MissVegas
MissVegas

Does anyone think that these two are lying and causing fake problems for the show so they can stay on and possibly get a raise, lol!

piperoni

No,I think it was fake last season and it backfired.Alot of people did not like what Gretchen did to Lex.And we know Gretchen and Vicki have never liked each other.

Tim
Tim

Just found this as well.. Look what Gretchen has accomplished. Don’t think many of the other housewives have anything that even comes close to what Gretchen has done and some of these woman have been on the show for a lot longer than Lady G.

Sorry Tamra but I am less than impressed with your interview. Your not all that and it’s obvious other people have made things happen, not you..

#unbreakable

Tim
Tim

The making of Gretchen Christine Rossi’s new song “Unbreakable”

DebV
DebV

Well, well, well …. Radar Online has jumped on this story

Nora
Nora

Bravo played RHOC today from 2007 and brought me back to how much I really liked that group of housewives! I miss housewives like Tammy Knickerbocker. Though I hope that the rumor is true and that Lauri Peterson is coming back for some of the episodes.

db
db

I know. They need to bring back Jo. That would stir up some REAL crap.

stay
stay

I can not stand Gretchen

Melyorkie
Melyorkie

Tamra responded on twitter in a couple of responses about Gretchen:

“narcissistic and immature. You’re not so innocent ! Need I remind you?”

“big deal I agreed with a reporter that she can’t sing. I never said her purses sucked or anything like that.”

“never meant to hurt anyone’s feelings. It’s all blown up to a stupid level”

“hey it wasn’t like I went to the press and told them her engagement was fake like she did to me”

Tim
Tim

If I remember correctly Gretchen went on National television to confirm the report was not true about her engagement and the reporters had no proof Gretchen said it so it was obviously made up by Page 6 just to get themselves attention. Yet Tamra couldn’t do the same because ALL About The Truth had voice recordings. Tamra is just mad because she got caught lying again…

Melyorkie
Melyorkie

Forgot one:

“yes you will see a certain someone Lie then try to manipulate me with her lies to make me feel bad”

it's a little fat shoe
it's a little fat shoe

That’s what Gretchen gets for jumping ship on Alexis and turning her back on her friend. Karma is a bitch and so are you and Tamra!

piperoni

Just what i said last season.It has a way of coming full circle.Alexis,I think this wll be a good season for her.

ellen
ellen

I adore Gretchen. I’ve liked her since she first appeared on HW. She follows me and we’ve actually DM’ed quite a bit. That being said, she got what she deserved here. Tamra is vile. Gretchen saw here in action not only attack her and Slade personally but many other people. She even use her own child to make Gretchen look like she was cheating on Jeff. How do you forgive someone like that? The whole relationship made no sense. It was only a matter of time before Gretchen got hurt while thinking Tamra was her friend.

Cajsa

I think she saw the stories that Alexis was going to be cut. She certainly saw how unpopular Alexis was. With the current HW, she would be untethered, with no friend, so yeah, she attached herself to Tamra. I think it was poor reasoning, because Tamra managed to rehabilitate Alexis with her spite.

ellen
ellen

And the sad thing is, yeah, Alexis has her faults but she’s harmless. She was always there to cheer Gretchen on. No matter how annoying she was about flaunting what she had or didn’t have to them (I still don’t get it when Heather is flaunting helicopters and sprawling mansions that aren’t big enough)she still never went out of her way to hurt anyone. Gretchen walked away from a true friend and into a fire pit with Tamra.

Cajsa
OK, I have an a strong preference for Gretchen among all the wives on RHOC. Mainly because she seems so down-to-earth relative to the other women. She lives in a small house and lives within her means. She doesn’t pretend to wealth she does not have and hustles like all get out to capitalize on her celebrity while she can. I recognize her flaws, including her poor taste in men and her followship with Tamra and her betrayal of her friendship with Alexis whom I think she thought was on the way out, so she needed to attach to another.… Read more »
ajaii
ajaii

That’s What YOU GET GRETCHEN being so Quick to Turn on a Real Friend like Alexis for some1 like TAMRA lmaooo!

piperoni

Alexis,Is Loyal!Se is my fav.

stalina
stalina

she is my fav on the show too. loyal, and not a malicious bone in her body.

db
db

Mine too, any more. Especially compared to all of the jealous, backstabbing idiots.

Ry
Ry

Not a fan of either woman. Haha this is going to be Joanna-Adriana. During the season we’ll see them have fights but then make up, meanwhile in the press the tension between them will build and by the time the reunion rolls around, they’ll be at each other’s throats again. Vicki and Alexis must be most pleased at these developments. I’m sure Tamra will drift back to Vicki and Gretchen to Alexis lol

Ashley
Ashley

I don’t see what Tamra said that was wrong? If her personal thought is no housewife can sing who cares! Gretchen did do good with the PCD but that doesn’t mean anyone would pay PCD money to go see her. I think she’s over reacting.

Collegegirl0620
Collegegirl0620

Gretchen should’ve expected this because it’s obvious what kind of person Tamra is and it’s obvious how she treats people. She wanted to be validated by Tamra so badly that she turned on Alexis. Seems like Tamra’s goal was to split Gretchen and Alexis so she could get on Gretchen’s good side and find out all of her dirt. She should really be smart enough to know that Tamra can’t be trusted.

stalina
stalina

you’re so right!

Lapband Lauren
Lapband Lauren

I didnt think tampra was bashing gretchen. I even forgot gretchen released a few songs lol. But its not like tamra was wrong. None of the housewives can sing besides kandi. But anywho, this is the way tamra is. Gretchen thought everything would be fine and dandy while she dotched ber relationship with alexis. Tamra did the same thing. I think they try hard to keep this friendship but i think we all knew it wasnt going to last long. I’m sure alexis is somewhere laughing right now! Lol

stalina
stalina

i don’t like either one of them really.

Well, Tamra does have a point! Gretchen cannot sing and I agree that none of the housewives should, minus Kandi as that is her career anyway!

CryWolf
CryWolf

Yet of all housewives she gives Melissa Gorga props. She forgot Kandi and mentioned Whorga. lol

Isabella Patricia
Isabella Patricia
Michers, I agree! I like Tamra because she’s blunt and deep, deep down… I know she knows what Gretchen is really like. I actually feel a little bad for Gretchen because she thought she has a genuine friendship with Tamra, but I don’t feel that bad because even though I don’t like Alexis as much… Gretchen did a 180 and completely turned on her! Alexis may be a phony with her money, house, clothes, and making everyone think she’s the best hands-on mom ever, but I think she was a pretty damn good friend to Gretchen. I’m sure they’re hypin… Read more »

I will hardly feel bad for any of these housewives, with a few exceptions across the franchise, LOL! I never cared that much for Gretchen from jump anyway.. always liked Tamra, but I don’t always agree with some things.

socalsoccer
socalsoccer

That is true, but if she and Tamra are supposed to be friends, then a friend would not say that during an interview.

Yes, you are right Socal…BUT, there has to be someone to get the crowd excited to watch the new season ,LOL

socalsoccer
socalsoccer

I will be first in line!! LOL

Hehee 🙂

CryWolf
CryWolf

I agree. Kandi knew that Kim couldn’t sing but she was always very delicate about it.

Heidi
Heidi

That’s our Tammy Sue ! 🙂 She says it the way it is oftentimes not thinking first…. Hmmmm, kinda’ reminds me of another of my favs’ elsewhere… IMO, I don’t think that Tamara took into consideration that what she said may cause hurt feelings… JMO..

Lola Falana
Lola Falana
None of the OC Housewives really “move” me, but I still watch for some stupid reason. I don’t like or dislike Gretchen. I’m neutral. I do think her feelings are genuinely hurt by what Tamra said in her interview. I also think that she lies a LOT. She’s constantly talking about how much she values her “integrity.” Methinks she doth protest too much. I don’t like or dislike Tamra either. I think she has a serious mean streak, but she does sometimes say what I’m thinking about her cast mates. These two should probably just accept that they are more… Read more »
mickey
mickey

Don’t believe any of this at all – their season is aobut to start and they have to drum up some drama.

Darcelle
Darcelle

I don’t feel sorry for Gretchen one bit!!! She turned on Alexis last season and was apart of the brat pack picking on her not saying Alexis is all innocent but you can’t run from KARMA. Tamara has always displayed her jealousy of Gretchen from since when Gretchen first came onto the scene with the older man. She hated the fact that this beautiful blonde had an older guy spoiling her and went through great lents to tarnish her reputation. And then Gretchen the idiot went and befriended her she got what she deserve don’t feel bad at all!!!

piperoni

Me either!Alexis what your back Girly!

CryWolf
CryWolf

I think you are onto something. Tamra admits here that she is a great employee of Bravo so she may very well be drumming up fake drama to promote the show. And it did lend Gretchen the opportunity to promote her music too. Win-win for both.

Charay
Charay

I hate to say this but Gretchen is dumb. I mean Tamara clearly said it, Gretchen clearly read it & she lied about it &gretchen believed her. WTF? O.o Gretchen needs to realize that Tamara is a mean person &she gonna do whatever for a bravo check. I can clearly tell if the produce want someone to act a fool or be mean they go straight to Tamara.

Happy day
Happy day

Gretchen is probably concerned because her Bravo storyline the first episodes I bet features the lovely friendship and escapades of Gretchen and Tamara. She knows she will look like a fraud if in the press now that they are at each other’s throats, but the viewers are supposed to buy into this Gretchen – Tamara love fest. Gretchen like Tamara is only truly worried about one thing – keeping her job at Bravo and playing the script they gave her this season.

Melyorkie
Melyorkie
Gretchen was being shortsided and naive to jump in a friendship with Tamra – I don’t feel sorry for her – Tamra has shown Gretchen over and over what type of person she is – what type of friend she is… Tamra has not only dogged Gretchen for years, but every so called friend she has had on the show. She is not a good person, Gretchen you became friends to have an ally – I can’t believe you truly thought it had any depth. And I am sorry Gretchen you have NO INTEGRITY – the moment you lied to… Read more »

I Agree!

db
db

Me too. How stupid is Gretchen to trust a creepy b!tch that got her sh!tfaced drunk, then encouraged her slimey son to try to molest her?

HWAddict13
HWAddict13
Integrity? Gretchwhore wouldn’t know the first thing about that word. Ask how much integrity she had when she faked to be in loved with a dying man, and then, she has continually used that storyline for sympathy purposes (even trying to one up Vicki about her daughter being sick). Stop playing the victim bitch. Everyone knows the truth who has an ounce of intelligence about who you really are. Anyone who has lost a love one to a horrible disease KNOWS someone like her belongs in the bottom of the trash heap. She is a grifter plain and simple, as… Read more »
CaTfAcE
CaTfAcE

Agreed, I actually find her to be the most repulsive of this particular bunch of ladies. She puts on a good act and fools a lot of people, but if people do any kind of digging in regard to her past manipulations I think they would change their minds.

db
db

True.

CryWolf
CryWolf
Gretchen, what did you expect? You befriended someone who had bashed you for years! This was such an ill fated “friendship” to begin with. Tamra in the last couple of years (since the end of her relationship with her ex husband) has been putting on a show for the cameras. From the teary limo ride with Simon where she just couldn’t contain herself on camera and then again later at Vicki’s party. She has always felt the need to dominate the camera at any cost (or anyone’s expense). The bathtub with Eddie which was truly the most odd display for… Read more »
bc (aka Slut Pig)
bc (aka Slut Pig)

I totally agree Crywolf. Tamra is a nasty piece of work who is incapable of maintaining friendships with other females. She claims she’s “real”, but she really is just classless trailer trash.

socalsoccer
socalsoccer

Someone on this blog called Tamra the “Honey Boo Boo of the OC.” Although, I think that is insulting to Honey Boo Boo. Tamra is jealous of the younger better looking “housewives” on this show. Tamra is a liar; I believe Rox & Jose over her any day.

db
db

I prefer to think of her as the TRAILER TRASH BARBIE and Gretchen the GOLD-DIGGER BARBIE.

CryWolf
CryWolf
ITA Just sayin. Gretchen saying that she always protects her friends is laughable. What friends has she ever had on this show other than Alexis? She had a friend in Alexis and not only did she not defend her but she stabbed her in the back. The Fox 5 fiasco was absurd. It is the equivalent of saying, “Hey, by the way…your boyfriend liked me first and asked me out before he asked you.” WHO would SAY THAT? Gretchen would. She kinda has this coming. I think that calling Tamra Honey boo boo is an insult to that sweet child… Read more »
Lapband Lauren
Lapband Lauren
I agree with what everyone is saying. I do not feel bad for gretchen what so ever. She deserves this. She jeopardized her friendship with alexis for this?! Haha. Good. And then shes insulted tamra said they arent as close and she doesnt like any of the housewives singing? And it pisses me off that tampra wants to say her words were mixed up. I’m sorry, i thought you were “real.” and now you’re going back on your words?! Kiss my ass lady. I really wish they would do an interview for alexis. I would love to know whats going… Read more »
Just sayin
Just sayin

LOL yes the Honey Boo Boo she is, but seriously Tamra is showing us the same person she has always bee. While I do not agree with her or like the way she behaves, Getchen is just as bad! She always protects her friends? Really? I do not think Alexis would agree with that statement. It is so funny but at first I disliked Alexis the most but she is now the only one who is not being a mean girl.

CaTfAcE
CaTfAcE

I don’t mind Alexis either. Someone had to fill this franchise,s role for ‘ditz trophy wife of a controlling older husband’. Do these ladies even realize that when they all start to attack one person that usually makes that person more sympathetic to most viewers? It seems like they never learn because every one of these shows does the same thing, and it always backfires.

socalsoccer
socalsoccer

I kind of feel badly for Alexis; she seems harmless. Her marriage is a little old fashioned for me, but if it works for them, then go for it.

Courtney
Courtney

This reminded me how long and boring Gretchen’s blogs are

stalina
stalina

ahahah! yes!

ladynblack
ladynblack

Tamra is a “user friend”. She will use you and when you are no longer needed, she will strike venum and find a new user friend. Like now her new bff is fancy pants.
I feel that she seems she is better then anyone now that she has a business and getting married to Eddie.