RHOA’s Peter Thomas Puts Lisa Vanderpump’s Restaurant On Blast; Calls It ‘Ghetto’

January 17, 2013 |By Continue Reading

Real Housewives of Atlanta stars Cynthia Bailey and her husband Peter are in Los Angeles visiting for a few days. Earlier, Cynthia and NeNe were posting pictures of themselves hanging out on set at The New Normal. Peter stopped by RHOBH’s Lisa Vanderpump’s West Hollywood restaurant SUR Wednesday night and let’s just say he was not too happy with his experience!

Peter instantly took to Twitter to announce his far from pleasant experience at SUR, calling it “ghetto” and asking Lisa what was going on! Apparently, a woman was being taken into custody by sheriff”s while Peter was there and he took the opportunity to put SUR on blast to the whole world. Read his tweets below:

You can tell by the later tweets that Peter tried to make it seem like he was talking about the actual arrest of the woman, not the restaurant. I still don’t think that he should have said this about Lisa’s restaurant especially since he is also a self-proclaimed “restaurateur”. This could make Lisa’s business look bad and he should’ve just kept quiet about it. Also, SUR is in West Hollywood, not Beverly Hills. And there is a difference, believe it or not.

Thoughts on what Peter tweeted about Lisa’s restaurant?

Tags: , , , ,

Category: Cynthia Bailey, Lisa Vanderpump, RHOA, RHOBH

Christina
OMYGOSH!!!!! Are y’all serious?! Maybe it’s a Sourhern thing or a black thing but we are usually curious about the race of a criminal. Peter on the other hand is from Jamaica and recently moved to the South. He lived in New York and Cali for many years. I think he was just clarifying the term Ghetto can refer to white or black people. He gave a description!!! A description!!!!! I repeat, a description!!! He didn’t “say crazy white B” or “poor white trash” he just stated the lady was white. To all those offended you mean to tell me… Read more »
divaD
divaD

OMG! I’m surprised SUR is still open. I was there in 2011 and the service was just terrible. One of the waiters made an obscene gesture in reference to my friend’s breasts and laughed with the bartender… What they didn’t realise was that I could see them in the large a** mirror against the wall..Besides, that spot is in the worst location. If you want good food you’ll cross the street to Cecconi’s or go a block to Il Piccolino… For fun you’ll go past it to The Abbey…

laur
laur

Whatever, I think Peter Loves and is loving this so let’s turn his racist Nasty Shit off!!! Ok!! He is actually Grumpy Smurf, as others have pointed out! He is an old grumpy weirdo and his wife is just an evil meany who is kissing up and wanting to be Nene!!!! Ok that is now my Rhyme!! Wrote it and blogged it on my time! Sorry lol, ya its mine…on West coast…even though u all will see East Coast time!! Anyways just cra cra crazy people!!

audpaud
audpaud

I think Papa Smurf was trying to get publicity for hisself . . . yo Pete? There is no chance of a Bar One spin-off, k?

Perfect comment audpaud 🙂

BAhousewife
BAhousewife
I am just going to say it like I see it , yes he did mean that white woman the same way white people will refer to it as some black woman.. he is loving it because of the steriotypical of the ghetto scene of someone being arrested at a restauraunt only happens at a poor black neighborhood. Sounds to me he is just making a point and they go hand in hand and that it doesnt matter where or who because it really does happen anywhere and to anyone. The tweet to Lisa was just a hay wth there… Read more »
PinkPoodle
PinkPoodle

Lisa can’t prohibit the officers from arresting someone. I wouldn’t take Peter’s advice on anything. He said they were Sheriff Deputies which would be there for different reasons than the police so it’s difficult to know why they had to arrest someone in the restaurant. From all the crime shows I watch, I think they would have avoided making a public arrest that they couldn’t control if they had the option. Peter is tacky. I do hope he keeps us updated on the race of everyone he interacts with and witnesses on a daily basis.

DebV
DebV

FYI …. West Hollywood does not have its own police department. The Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department IS their Police Department. They handle the same situations and bad people that the LAPD or BHPD handle in their jurisdictions. That particular Sheriff’s office is quite busy as WeHo has a lot going on all the time.

Crywolf
Crywolf

This man has probably never gotten this much attention off of any comment he’s made thus far. He hitches his name to Lisa V. And 200 comments. I think his mission was accomplished. I bet Cynthia regrets Peters comments. Just a hunch.

And do you know he is still going on about it on his damn twitter?

Milly
Milly

What’s with the “white woman” comment. Man’s a joke.

Annie
Annie

He’s right.

chemobrain
chemobrain
First of all, this show is not called House Husbands of the RHW of BH. I couldn’t care less about the men. If Peter or the men want to join, let them wear sequins and high heels. Then it would be more enjoyable to see or hear them speak. Truthfully,if I was the customer at SUR, and that incident happened, I would never go back. Most likely this happened because of this “Rules” show, and I think it will happen again. I feel the servers are/will be the demise of this show/restaurant; at least for the older crowd with money… Read more »
Brooks
Brooks

Ghetto!?!?!?! This coming from a man who wore sunglasses to his own vow renewals. WHAT!?!?! Take those off and look at your wife in the eye. You have no room to preach about what is and is not Ghetto! PS….why are you tweeting Lisa like you are a somebody of RHOA?!?!? Who does that? “This is Peter from rhoa” You are not a star of the show…your wife is so turn it down about ten notches.

db
db

Jeez, for all we know this (ghetto, white) woman 🙂 who was arrested may have been using a stolen credit card to pay her bill and the restaurant had no choice but to inform the authorities.

September24
September24

Was he mad cause he’s a “bravolebrity” and no-one recognized him and picked up the tab?????

MissVegas
MissVegas

Yup yup!! Maybe??? But he do the same, would he pick up the tab also, no one knows…maybe we will Never Know!!!! Lmao!!!!

oyessy

Probably Not cause he is an ASS!!!!

Ha!!! Maybe September.

rukidding?
rukidding?

wasn’t peters own restaurant located in the “ghetto”. wasn’t sheree making fun of him because of the location? didn’t he and cynthia get offended of that? so he’s an idiot for saying that about lisa’s restaurant. how is someone getting arrested right away “ghetto”. i’ve seen people thrown out or arrested in the most fancy places. especially when there is liquer involved. besides sur is located in west hollywood where it has an active nightlife of nightclubs and restaurants that diverse people attend.

Didn’t we see the location on an episode? While the club appeared nice, the area did not. People pointed that out to him and around other places. But hey, I will not knock someone for tying to do right but his personality kills it, just when I think I can like him on the show!

rukidding?
rukidding?

i know!! i try to like him as well but there is something about him i don’t like. i can understand why phaedra and sheree got pissed at him for doing an interview about them. the way he talks can be offensive and aggressive.

MissVegas
MissVegas

He, Peter is Crazy weird!! He needs to go off the the show and take his kiss ass wife Cynthia with him!! Cynthia kisses NeNe’s AssHole!! I mean I don’t know where Cynthia’s Ass and NeNe’s Face begin!!!

laur
laur

Meaning Cynthia and her husband r up NeNe’s life and business!! It isn’t Real Friendship at ALL!!!!

laur
laur

Yes lol!!! So right my b/f/f!!! Always funny!! You r Right!!! Sick and tired of Cynthia and her husband trying so very hard to be buddy buddy with NeNe and up her booty hole!!

Yes! He comes off from jump aggressive and very impatient. I had hope when they went to Anguilla, because he seemed relaxed and normal!

karen
karen

I can’t stand Peter – how is his business doing in the getto.

Tarie
Tarie

Why all of the “correcting” of Peter? He flat stated a “white woman” was arrested. That pegs him as someone who sees color and I’m not impressed.

He can own it and apologize.

Candida
Candida

Wow so many comments; he is an idiot her and her usband have realy money they have been in the nightclub and restaurant business for years; he couldnt shine lisa;s shoes; in other words he is not even a business man who can respect another business man. Give theses people from the HOusewives a little camera time and they think they are all that; he needs to go back to atlanta

jerseygirl
jerseygirl

Wow, the comments about this post says it all. Peter’s just trying to stir sh*t up so he can get people talking about him. You got what you wanted Peter.

And I do detect a little hint of jealousy from his childish antics (yeah, the live tweets were CHILDISH!). Lisa & Ken are SUCCESSFUL restauranteurs and sounds like he’s on to his second failure.

Does anyone here believe he would have gone on a twitter rant if this happened at any other well known BH restaurant? I sure don’t.

MissVegas
MissVegas

No and u are right! It’s so sad! What the Shit!!! I guess we gave him what he wanted, however now for sure we all will never ever go to any of his establishments, Peter’s, because of how rude he was to Lisa!!! Ya now thank u Peter I’m so hungry I am going to Sur and Then the next day to Villa Blanca!!! Thank u Peter we all now will stay away from anything u and ur wife owns and or sells!!! Seriously!! Love XO XO!!!

jerseygirl
jerseygirl

And for him to mention that woman was ‘white’ and calling Sur ‘ghetto’ to stir up controversy? SO transparent.

DLO
DLO

Question How many people on here think if Peter got a tweet about BAR ONE what he tweeted Lisa he would not be pissed off about it especially coming from another HW franchise?

OMG.. would have went off like a damn rocket!!!! We would have heard about it for days and days and days…

Bionic
Bionic

and he would have hired Phaedra.

oyessy

Ok Bionic u got me Lmao!!! Thank u!

Bionic
Bionic

Oh you know it would have been tweef.

DLO
DLO

IMO the comment was not necessary to put onto twitter I really do not think Lisa would have ever tweeted anything about anyone’s restaurant…..just saying!

JD
JD

WOW…Ghetto is for a man who can’t come up with money for the bar on his wedding day. Ghetto is for a man to open failed restaurants after failed restaurants. Peter is too ARROGANT for his own good. he is officially a HATER. He is always on the side hating…

cammierari
cammierari

right on. If Peter wasn’t so arrogant, he would be able to see, by reading the reviews he’s getting, what his place is doing wrong-instead of pointing out incidents in other people’s establishments. He’s such a baby

oyessy

Oh Peter needs Cynthia his wife and the show on bravo so bad!!! Why do people keep living out of there means for these shows!!!???? Sickening!!

Bionic
Bionic

That’s not ghetto! That’s broke and not business savvy. LOL Where is he even working now?

Oh snap!

Ashley
Ashley

How is he racist for acknowledging (sp?) that she was a white woman? He didn’t say anything offensive in my opinion. It is what it is, if this was Lisa going into his resturant and wrote it was ghetto and a black woman just got arrested, would she be racist? GMAFB.

lifetimemovie
lifetimemovie

If Lisa went to Peter’s restaurant, which she never would, and Twittered that it was ‘ghetto’ and that a ‘black’ woman was been arrested there, all hell would break loose!! Peter and all the GA cast would be screaming racism.

Peter should just focus on his own business in GA.

oyessy

Yup, exactly! So yes it too would sound and look racist!!

oyessy

If Lisa said what Peter said at any place he owned….oh ya all Hell would be braking loose!!! So God forbid someone says Peter is being Racist! Oh ya sorry and jealous!!!

MissVegas
MissVegas

A Racist perhaps??? Lol

He is who he is!!!

Just re-read his tweets. It was ghetto and he loved every minute of it? So cops were called for a fight.. and? Its not that uncommon no matter what state in America.. what the hell was his point anyway?

lifetimemovie
lifetimemovie

Re: “He loved every minute of it”

When you take pleasure in sonmebody else’s trouble, that’s just jealousy. He didn’t have to put it on Twitter. People who try to make it in the entertainment business, but who fail, as Peter did, look for any reason to tear LA down. He’s trying to tell himself that he isn’t missing anything.

oyessy

Peter did love this Crap for Lisa! But look how much more successful Lisa is than Peter!! I’m so Sick of Peter and I’m getting sick of Cynthia too!!!! Wtf!!! U would think u would be nice to others on ur fellow network Bravo!! Guess not for Grumpy Papa Smurf Peter!!! Keep being Grumpy!!

oyessy

Please stop being a hater Papa Smurf Peter!! Doesn’t Papa Smurf Peter always seem So Crabby! There has got to be a reason why his wifes family hates him!

That really stood out to me that none breath he loved every minute, then tweeted the rest.Rude.

lifetimemovie
lifetimemovie

Lisa is getting it from all sides these days.

Well if thats the worst they can say, then God Bless her! I have a feeling that others may try and knock her. Others have issues with another succeeding, having success, etc, and really whats the worse anyone can say about Lisa? Just tacky name calling? I see she is getting it lately, but I have no doubts she will handle it and be alright.

Kirra
Kirra

lol, I think his point was to have people talking about him. He has always done articlesand such talking about the housewives…usually the ALL ones. He’s just expanding HIS area.

Bionic
Bionic

Yep! This is true.

oyessy

What is true??? Just curious??

Kirra
Kirra

I meant ATL. Autocorrect aggravates me sometimes.

Avalei
Avalei

Peter was being an ass for putting that on blast. He was so put out when ppl said bar one was ghetto so he is an idiot. What was that “white women” crap. Would he have said “black man/women”. I doubt it. Racist.

oyessy

Peter is just looking like a racist like most people thought he was! He, Peter, is a Jerk!

DebV
DebV

Even if one considers Peter to be the worst restaurateur in the universe, he is still entitled to voice his opinion of his experience at SUR and can surely tweet what he sees going on.

Jennifer
Jennifer

This is true. I think Peter has the right to his opinion, but he should get the location right and not make it look like a racist statement IMO. But, Lisa is fair game. She wants SUR to look as if it were Bagatelle which it is so not.

Lisa wants the publicity so SUR can be a Bagatelle with NY, Vegas, South Beach and now Hong Kong restaurant club appeal. She is not an idiot. Cipriani did this and has over 26 restaurants and 55 main clubs not counting their other businesses and products.

DebV
DebV

@Jennifer … Good post making comparisons to Cipriani and Bagatelle. Clearly, SUR has tough competition on LA’s westside.

Jennifer
Jennifer

West Hollywood is the hip part of LA. She has significant competition. People would hate to go to a restaurant/bar that has an older crowd. Lisa wants the young sex appeal just like Bagatelle in NYC and make it the models hang-out which in turn attracts men and women to come and meet and spend money. Lisa is not stupid and I totally think that she wants SUR to get that name and out rank the other restaurants in the area. You are right!

rukidding?
rukidding?

and we can all have an opinion and call him an idiot

MaggieG
MaggieG
I don’t know what Lisa would or wouldn’t do but I’ve never heard that she was responsible for the negative comments about Peter’s restaurant. Peter wasn’t necessarily malicious (although as a restaurateur who has experienced the impact of unflattering comments, one would think he’d be sympathetic). Perhaps he just wanted to make a point. It’s just that he doesn’t get it. As with all of us, his conduct shows us who he is. While any customer has the right to express their opinion of their experience, one would think that Peter & Lisa would want to extend each other professional… Read more »
lifetimemovie
lifetimemovie

If Peter owns a restaurant then why don’t they ever film there? I know they did when it first opened, but why not now? He doesn’t have slightest clue as to how to make money.

oyessy

What gets kinda crazy and annoying is how all and I mean all reality stars think they r all that and a bag of chips, sorry I couldnt help myself, to start up businesses and sign there names to Crap and also just think they should start up any sort of a line! Sick of most of them!! Lol!!! Oh and p.s. what is also annoying is that they get paid and make a shit loads and most not all don’t do all the work! And its crazy Crap!!! Lmao!!! Just saying!!

jussipussi
jussipussi
So because he has restaurants that have failed he isn’t allowed to call Lisa’s partons as being ghetto. I don’t think Lisa would have done the same to Peter, but I doubt Lisa would go to ATL and even visits Peter’s establishment. He reported what he saw, big deal, he was actually telling to come down here and get your shit in order..she responded Im on my way..chill. Big deal I doubt people will stop going there because of Peter’s tweet, really, if she loses patronage I think it will be because of her trashy staff she has working for… Read more »
laur
laur

Lisa is not gonna lose Customers, however why would u jussipussi say Lisa would never go to Peter’s establishment in Atlanta! That was very strange and not cool! So sorry but u set this up! If Peter had a good or great place to attend then Lisa would be there!!!! So guess Peter doesn’t!!!!

oyessy

Yes so good luck rude racist Peter! And yes Lisa would go to Atl. to ur establishment, if u had one…..do u Peter have another one u tried again…just curious!??? Don’t Care Really….i hate racist!!!!!

Say What??
Say What??

I think the bigger deal is he is in the same business as Lisa. He has to know what he said was wrong even if it were true. Do actors go out and say a fellow actors movie sucks and dont waste your money seeing it while its in theaters? No.. thats in poor taste. He may be right about her resturant… the bad reviews of his resturant may be right as well. What he did was in bad taste.

Cr
Cr

Totally agree. Bad taste. Probably not the best way to get into someone’s good books.

Jarlath
Jarlath

I’m surprised by the comments. So Peter can’t comment on something he observed with his very own eyes? And instead of addressing the scene he describes, people resort to ad hominem attacks ….

I think the Vanderpump show has demonstrated that Lisa’s restaurant is ghetto.

PS. I like Lisa

I agree JLath!

If your restaurant is the focus of a reality show, you’re going to be under the microscope.

I’m sure the twitter is full of SUR tweets, good and bad. I bet Lisa wasn’ bothered by this at all. In fact I bet the traffic into SUR is increased due to the twitter buzz.

Its the staff! UGH. I think this just was just not the right type of show for her. To me, I think it just looks bad on Peter for commenting on another franchise’s member’s business, as he is a business owner himself. ( In the past not a very good one). I said upthread had it been just a random putting out what transpired, I would not even comment on it.

Bionic
Bionic

Def not. This show is not showing her in a “classy” light. Isn’t the drunken chick her daughter’s bff? and this is why she didn’t fired her? I thought I read that somewhere.
It is as bad as watching Paul in Dr.90210 like really? People were coming out looking like wax figures.

Jarlath
Jarlath

I don’t understand the logic for Lisa going ahead with this show. It definitely does not put her place in a good light.

Its a business deal! And what was the harm in trying? She promotes her business, something else for her to do, and maybe try to help that staff out! Its funny how people change in front of a camera, LOL. From what I have seen, the only 2 that seem like they change for camera are Scheana and Stassi. The rest of the staff did not seem any different really from any other restaurant.

Cr
Cr

Well all the waitstaff want to be ‘famous’ so she probably thought she’d do them a favour, whilst increasing the size of her hip pocket.
Makes me feel ill when people say they want to be famous! What happened to being an amazing musician or actor!!!!

Yes, Stassi and Pandy are BFF’s so Lisa keeps her on Im gathering , out of loyalty. I think Stassi is the really bitchy judgmental, insecure one. Itired to sit through it because I really do like Lisa, but I think Im too old, LOL! Its like a fraternity soap opera. And Scheana works there now and is on the show..Stassi does not let her forget what a home-wrecker she was.

laur
laur

Hell No Michers ur Not Too Old! Don’t say that please! I could care less for Stassi!!! But Stassi has gotta let Shit go! michers love what u say, always!!!

hoolie
hoolie

yeah, and he’s had how many restaurants that have closed ….. whatevah

Hools!!!! So nice to see you 😉 And I thought of that also thats why I said my comment above. I think someone misunderstood my comment. I have missed you here!!!

hoolie
hoolie

needed a lil break- been quietly lurking LOL!!! 🙂

BM Barbie
BM Barbie

I tried that too and yet, here I am too. haha

Welcome back! 🙂

Yay!! A reunion, LOL!!! I love you guys 😉

I wish I could be as disciplined to just lurk!

Say What??
Say What??

Same for me on lurking. I stopped posting mid season NJ because things got so crazy. Now look what happened!

cammierari
cammierari

I have been lurking too and LOL look what happens when I poked my head out for one quick comment! Good to see you hoolie.

agoodboy
agoodboy

Well if you have been there you would agree. The place and staff are just as bad as the shows ratings . . . and West Hollywood is a few blocks from BH and is easy for those not familiar to get wrong.

CaTfAcE
CaTfAcE

Hmmm interesting. Something seems off to me about SUR, just can’t put my finger on it.