NeNe Leakes Talks Tyler Perry Call, Sheree Getting Fired, RHOA Women And Her Future On Bravo!

November 10, 2012 |By Continue Reading

Real Housewives of Atlanta star NeNe Leakes is a whole new woman this season and she is dishing on why that is. With a blossoming acting career and a rekindling of romance with her ex-husband, it has been a year of change for NeNe! She is opening up about her acting and friendship with Tyler Perry, her improved relationships with her RHOA cast mates, and just what really happened with Sheree not coming back to the show!

On the season premiere, NeNe dined with Ryan Murphy and she called movie director Tyler Perry on the phone only to reach a disconnected phone line. It was a bit embarrassing and it might have seemed to some that NeNe could just be faking her friendship with such a huge movie mogul.

NeNe tells Vulture what really happened that time and explains the nature of their friendship, saying, “[Tyler] has this on his phone, this crazy silly voicemail that goes [in a high-pitched voice] Doo doo doooo. The number you have reached has been disconnected. It’s just something he has on his phone, but that is his phone number.”

NeNe continues, “We talk all the time. At least every week I talk to Tyler. We both live out in Atlanta. He usually advises me, he’s like a mentor to me. We’re really good friends. He just advises me on the industry. He’s just regular like me. We talk about all kinds of stuff, even if we’re not talking about the industry, and we laugh all the time. He’s super hilarious. He saw that episode, too, and he texted me, ‘This is so funny.’ Wherever he goes, people are going to be asking him, ‘Do you really know NeNe?’ And he’s gonna be like, ‘Absolutely.'”

Missing this latest season is Sheree, who claimed she decided not to return to the show earlier this year. NeNe is revealing what she knows about the situation and says that Sheree was not exactly honest about what happened!

NeNe says, “[The producers] chose not to pick up her option for this past season. I know she’s out there telling people that she decided to leave the show, but from what I know that is not what she decided to do. That is what they decided to do. She put out whatever reports she wanted to put out and I don’t think they tried to challenge it because they don’t really give a shit at the end of the day.”

On the new season, she promises a new NeNe and reveals that the separation from last season (who could forget the Talls vs. the Smalls?) is gone and that she actually has a relationship with all of the Atlanta ladies!

“You know what? I think this is the best year I’ve had as a Housewife. I feel like I’ve come full circle. I feel the best, I look the best, I am just a grown woman and I’m in a much better place now than I was a season or two ago. I’ve never had an issue being a Housewife or saying my opinions or fighting with any of the girls. I feel like I’m a great Housewife! [laughs],” reveals NeNe.

NeNe adds about her co-stars, “I talk to all of them. We have two new Housewives who bring their own drama, but I have a relationship with everyone, some closer than others. Kim, I don’t have a … I’m not trying to have a relationship with her, but I can say that I do speak to her. Because “Hello” costs me nothing. It’s not like you’re gonna see us going out and having ice cream, but we can definitely be in the same room. You’ll see what happens. There’s always something with NeNe and Kim.”

NeNe ends by saying that despite popular belief, she is not leaving RHOA! Of the rumors, NeNe says, “The show isn’t going to last forever. At some point, we all have to say goodbye to being a Housewife. Is that time now for me? I don’t think so.”

NeNe also discusses her business sense and what she seeked to get out of RHOA, her acting, and her relationship with Gregg in the full interview which you can read HERE.

I’m very excited to see her be friendly with ALL the RHOA ladies and not just Cynthia and Marlo. It will be a breath of fresh air!

What are your thoughts on all the revelations NeNe made?

Tags: , , , ,

Category: NeNe Leakes, RHOA, Uncategorized

sue j
sue j

I love Atlanta – but I am missing Sheree – I would like to see how her and Kenya try and get along. That would be entertaining. I loved watching Sheree and that hooker/stripper that went to Africa with them (forgot her name). That was a hoot!
I would like to see Nene and Kim patch things up – they are pretty funny together.

Sherice
Sherice

I love the ATL Housewives, especially NeNe. Anyone that can get the amount of shade that she has received and continue to do their thing gets an A in my book. It will be interesting to see how the ladies will pull it together with 2-faced Kim out of the picture.

4halex
4halex

WATCH THE 4HALEX CHANEL ON YOUTUBE,THEY ARE THE FUNNIEST VIDEOS ON ALL THE HOUSEWIVES!!!

Margie

I think NeNe is hilarious. I am glad Sheree is out and I won’t be sad when Kim is gone either. I wish Kandi and NeNe got along better. Maybe now that Kim’s out of they mix they will. I’d like to see the two of them out having fun, together.

Melody
Melody

I love NeNe but she really needs to know that eventually her 15 minutes will end and somebody else will come along that everybody pays attention to.

She should not take things for granted now that shes hit the big time.

Maru the Cat fka Sharon Lea
Maru the Cat fka Sharon Lea
Last season was not the greatest, but I am giving it a chance. I really like Nene, but something was off last year, plus her ‘over it’ face at the reunion. She must feel more fulfilled being on the NBC show, so this season she can be her funny old self. I’m wondering when someone will ask her about Trump’s remark, that it was Celeb Apprentice that launched her. I always enjoy Phaedra (sp), and I actually enjoy seeing Cynthia coparent with her ex. There is something very civilized and cool about the 2 of them. The Peter thing, I… Read more »
Shipp
Shipp

Ne Ne actually said it was the producer of the New Normal, who saw her on Celebrity Apprentice, and that caught his interest. So I think Ne Ne would probably thank Trump.

I said this before I’ll say it again. RHOA is cable TV, less viewer access. Celebrity Apprentice is national TV, more viewer access.

Jarlath
Jarlath

I used to like Kim and NeNe but to be honest I am glad Kim is gone and would like for NeNe to go as well.

CallingOutHousewives
CallingOutHousewives

Well I Love the Atlanta ladies NeNe is my favorite and i feel Porsha will be to…

I like ATL too. I like Nene and Kim, I have since the first season. I do not like everything they do, but they have always entertained the hell out of me. I like Phaedra, her first season not so much, but I do like her now! I’m not a fan of Kandi, although there are some things I like about her. Nor am I a fan of Cynthia, although there are some things I like about her too. I don’t know about Porsha, I will wait and see about her. I do know, I do not like Kenya at… Read more »
Tre
Tre

Next story….don’t like this part of the franchise anymore since Kim is not featured as a housewife…besides all they do is argue…who had time for that….at least with Jersey it’s about familia….Beverly Hills its about the Bling….NY it’s about the life and spot light….Wth does ATL offer a peach….I’ve been to the A…..except for the weather nothing else is hot

Casey Mureaux
Casey Mureaux

And by the way, I LOVE ATLANTA HOUSEWIVES AND WOULD WATCH THEM OVER JERSEY’S BS ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!!!! NO MORE LOOKING AT WACKO JEALOUS JACKASS, MORONIC MARGARET HAMILTON MELISSA, CONNIVING CATFISH KATHY, AND CHUCKY HATER MANZO! ENOUGH!!

Casey Mureaux
Casey Mureaux
Are you serious? Jersey is about “FAMILY?” I beg to differ! Jersey is about 4 jealous women and their husbands against 1 WOMAN, who is climbing up the ladder of success! Teresa isn’t perfect, but I was SO TIRED of the other hags trying to convince the viewers of how horrible Teresa is.. It was so obvious that they wanted Teresa off of the show, THINKING that somehow they could steal the limelight and get a piece of the success pie, by showing us that if it’s 4 against 1, the problem is Teresa… NOT!! NEWSFLASH…. I STILL WOULDN’T WANT… Read more »
jeanbean
jeanbean

ITA Tre, I have no interest in Atl. anymore. I think after a few years any H.W. show seems so fake and forced as the ladies play out their parts. Now when Bravo brings in a new H.W. she jumps into the drama right away. We use to have time to get to know a new cast member before she went crazy. And Cynthia you are still boring!

Kendrick
Kendrick

i disagree on tht cause atl is a hit. its better than ever this season no more of kims sinsging or she by sheree are you kiding me.