Update On Joe Giudice’s Case! Wants More Time To Negotiate Plea Deal

May 30, 2012 |By Continue Reading

The drama never stops for RHONJ star Teresa Giudice. Not only is she dealing with her family and friends but reality is hitting hard with her hubby Joe Giudice who make a cameo yesterday in state courts where attorneys told a judge they need more time to negotiate a possible resolution to criminal charges pending against Giudice!

From NorthJersey:
“How much time are you looking for? You’ve already had a lot of time, to be honest,” Superior Court Judge Greta Gooden Brown in Paterson told Clifton Attorney Miles Feinstein, who is defending Giudice against charges of wrongful identity use and impersonation.

Feinstein requested another four to six weeks, to which Passaic County Chief Assistant Prosecutor Jay Mc Cann did not object. Gooden Brown ordered all parties to return June 27, when there could be a final plea offer or a trial date set.

Giudice, 42, standing beside his lawyer during the brief status conference, did not speak.
Authorities allege Giudice obtained a license at the Motor Vehicle Commission office in Paterson in June 2010 using marriage and birth certificates that belong to his brother,

Pietro Giudice. Giuseppe’s license was suspended at the time.
Giudice was fined, had his license suspended, was ordered to undergo counseling and served 10 days in the Morris County jail after flipping his truck on a Montville road in January of 2010.

At the time of his sentence in that case, the prosecution called attention to 39 points that Giudice had accumulated prior to the crash. Those points, prosecutors said, were accrued through such violations as speeding, leaving the scene of an accident, careless driving, failing to maintain lamps, failing to wear a seat belt, driving with a cell phone and failing to pay parking tickets.

Prosecutors began to investigate the brothers when Pietro Giudice, 39, was pulled over during a routine traffic stop in Lincoln Park. When the police officer ran Pietro’s information through an onboard computer, the search produced Giuseppe’s photograph, authorities have said.

Giuseppe “Joe” Giudice has made frequent appearances on “Real Housewives” and is the husband of “housewife” Teresa Giudice. Teresa also recently appeared as a resilient contestant on Donald Trump’s “Celebrity Apprentice.”

Giuseppe was indicted on the charges he currently faces in December. He faces 10 years in prison if convicted of the second-degree charge, and 18 months if convicted of the other, a fourth-degree charge. Giudice has already rejected a plea offer by the state of five years in prison, with no restrictions on when he would become eligible for parole, according to attorneys.

McCann said that at least some sort of jail time will be part of any plea offer, as the charges are too serious to allow a probation-only sentence.

Following the proceedings, Feinstein expressed frustration that people are making remarks about the case on “The Real Housewives” episodes.
“The matter will be tried in a court of law, not in the press or on the New Jersey ‘Housewives’ show,” Feinstein said. “During several episodes of the ‘Housewives,’ persons appearing have discussed Joe’s case. They have a right to do so, but they should know better. They know nothing about the actual facts of the case and they should realize that the charges are mere allegations and nothing more. Comments made by those people can only prejudice Joe and taint the prospective jury pool. We are looking forward to Joe’s vindication.”

Let’s Discuss

Follow AllAboutTRH On Twitter: Click Here
Like AllAboutTRH On Facebook: Click Here

Tags: , , ,

Category: Let's Discuss:, RHONJ, Teresa Giudice

ReallyRealHousewife
ReallyRealHousewife
He had 39 points on his license BEFORE his drunk driving arrest!!! and THEN driving on a suspended – obviously he has NO REGARD for the law…THEN he tries to submit false information to a government agency and you don’t think this man is a danger to society? He is reckless and lawless and a drunk. Honestly, I see his controlling, abusive and addictive behavior taking its toll on Tre and the girls. I honestly think she would be better off if he “went away” – a break from some one with addiction is a good thing. I bet they… Read more »
Lisa M
Lisa M
Belle557
Belle557
I think it would be a horrible thing to send Joe to jail. Not because I don’t think what he did was wrong – but because he doesn’t pose a danger to society and the emotional hardship the children & Teresa would have to endure is not reflective of the purpose of our justice system. What Joe did was wrong, irresponsible and foolish – and Joe knows all of those things. I’m sure he is completely stressed at the prospect of serving time and the whole purpose of serving time is either to 1) protect the public – which doesn’t… Read more »
Deb
Deb

He doesn’t pose a danger to society? Anyone that
gets behind the steering wheel and drives, is a huge danger to society. He could have wiped out his family, your family or mine while doing so.

Deb
Deb

OOPS…gets behind a steering wheel while
intoxicated…sorry, left out that very important word.

Annabelle
Annabelle

You consider Joe Giudice rehabilated? Bahahaha! That’s a joke. The guy is an arrogant a**, always have been & always will be. Portrayed as a terrible husband & father. He needs to take some lessons from his BIL Joey Gorga! Joey is an excellent father & husband. Joe rehabilated…NOT!!

Jennifer
Annabelle, I have yet to see Joey truly parent so I cannot say he is a good father. Joe Giudice does take care of his children. He loves them and they know it. I didn’t like the fight with Teresa or the instance where he chipped his tooth last season, but in all I think he is a good father. Joey started the drama in season 3 in front of his children. I do not think that is great parenting. I see Joey and Joe as two men that love their children. If Edwards can get off from embezzlement and… Read more »
Jennifer
Belle, I agree with you. If it were possible to settle this with fines + community service + suspension of his license I think that would be adequate punishment. However, I do not believe McCann is making this sort of analogy. I wish people would make this sort of analogy and we would not have such over-crowding of our jail system. Let us wait and see. I think we might be surprised as to the sentence and the actual time served. Do not count Feinstein out he is a good attorney. I do not feel Joe is a danger to… Read more »
socalsoccer
socalsoccer

I feel badly for Teresa. She married a cheat, liar, fraud. I would have dumped this bozo a long time ago; she is obviously a very loyal person. It is Teresa who is keeping this family going with all of her hard work. Hopefully, good things will keep happening for her; she is showing her girls that hard work pays off.

kate
kate

LEAVING THE SCENE OF AN ACCIDENT??? HE IS SUCH A SKANK!!! WHY WOULD TERESA STAY WITH HIM! THEY ARE BOTH TRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anacapri
Anacapri

blah blah blah blah blah …………………………..

Kate,

His criminal charge is for fraud (identify theft is a subset of fraud). He is not charged with leaving the scene of an accident.

MaryC

Sorry it’s Neehan.She spreads Tre hate,one blog at a time.

Cara
Cara
I have never seen Jennifer post anything negative about Teresa and I have also been on this blog since day one. Neehan on the other hand, is a RABID Teresa hater. She has started anti-Giudice Facebook groups and she posts her crap all over SH and wherever else she wants to. In fact, her only reason for being ON Facebook is her campaign to spread Teresa hatred. She attacks Teresa fans personally, insults us, goes lower than low in her attacks, and has such a personal investment in Teresa and Joe’s personal lives it is downright SCARY. She has even… Read more »
Cara
Cara

And not for nothing but Jennifer even apologized for using the word “idiot” and admitted that it wasn’t nice. I can think of twenty FAR worse insults hurled at ME personally by Neehan off the top of my head that I’d be dead if I were holding my breath waiting for an apology for.

She’s not Neehan. Not by a long stretch. It’s actually funny that you’d accuse her of it.

Thank you!

I have never ever seen Jennifer post anything negative about Teresa!!! Im sorry to jump in, but Jennifer has been more then respectful to even the most vicious troublemakers on here! And even when she has opposing opinions, she still keeps it clean when people start getting ugly 🙂

Jennifer

Thank you Micher! I don’t like Melissa at all. I dislike Caroline, Jac and Ashlee. I warmed up to Kathy because she was nice to Gia on Field Day.

Your welcome 🙂 Its all good, don’t have to explain to me. Personally it doesn’t bother me who anyone likes, but I thought that was unfair! I hate when the good people come under fire on here.

P.S. I liked Kathy that day also !

Mary C,

LOL! I am spreading Teresa hate. Are you kidding? I am actually a very big supporter of Teresa which Rox can verify with my posts. LOL!

Who are you to make that statement? Are you actually Samantha?

MaryC
Umm I was answering Mike,JENNIFER. I was stating that the LPPD is very viligent (a good thing). I’m also very sure that cast members had nothing to do with anyone getting arrested. You sound a lot like Jennifer Nehan over at SH. You’ve been accused of being Monica Chicon,no ?Public records my a**. If you plan on starting trouble on this site, like you did over there…THINK AGAIN. We love Roxie’s site and we all play nice in the sandbox (most of the time!). You seem to be using the same MO you did over there. A wealth of info,and… Read more »

MaryC,

FYI Rox knows exactly who I am. As for public records they are important.

As for your support of Samantha when she wrote those disgusting statements you should place that mirror up. Are you Samantha? Sure sounds like it…

MaryC

LOL yep,I’m Samantha aka Shelia.

Jennifer

Can I ask Mary where have you read that I have written anything against Teresa? I love Teresa. She is fun, bit ditzy, happy, and I think wonderful with her kids.

Jennifer

Thank you Honnie Badger! So nice!

Honnie Badger
Honnie Badger

Jennifer, I like your posts — very intelligent, well-written and well-intended.

Plus, I learn a buttload from you!

MaryC,

You are a new person on this blog. I have NEVER seen you. I have been posting always under the same name since November. I was here during Beverly Hill and from November. You are new.

I haven’t seen a positive post from you about Teresa. Lots of anti-joe posts.

Look in the mirror Kate, Samantha or MaryC…because who knows you?

Jennifer
Mary C, I have been on this site since it started in November. You better check yourself on that. Rox knows who I am. I don’t think she knows who you are. I have NEVER posted on Stoopid Housewives. I do know know who Monica is. I have NEVER read a single post from you prior to your post two days ago on this site. Maybe you should place a mirror up to your face. FYI, I will respond anytime I feel like it. Oh and you have my nationality all wrong. Sorry for you. Who are you when have… Read more »
MaryC

Funny you post almost the exact same stuff on SH. Your wording is spot on. Who said ANYTHING about nationality ? And it begins…LOL

Jennifer

Show the posts MaryC. I am an attorney. And it has been on the site all the way from Beverly Hills issues with Taylor. I know NJ law very well and NY. So that is why I post on this issue. Rox knows that as well.

Jennifer

Nehan is not my nationality. Rox knows me. That I know. You MaryC I have NEVER seen you post here before yesterday. You sound like Samantha are you her? Likely. You sound like Kate…likely Kate, Samantha and MaryC are one person…Nice Teresa haters you are. I have always been 100% for Teresa since the site went live in November.

Jennifer

What I mean with Neehan is not an Italian last name.

mike
mike

I wonder if someone from the cast reported to the police that Joe was driving on a suspended license and that’s why he was pulled over. Or even worse, knew he had obtained a license using his brother’s ID and called the tip into the police. Why was Joe pulled over on the day that the cop ran the ID and ‘discovered’ that the photo and name didn’t match?

kate
kate

Youre an idiot he is a habitual offender – leaving the scene of an accident?? WHO DOES THAT?? ONLY SCUMBAGS!!

Kate,

You are an idiot. Samantha or whoever you are. We do not know if he is habitual offender. The question is of what? What you are saying is patently stupid.

Parking tickets, cell phone, speeding tickets and leaving the scene of an accident are just fodder for the prosecution. They want to show that they are being strong with a celebrity.

Jennifer

Sorry I shouldn’t go there with the idiot comment that is not nice.

Jennifer
Lee, The habitual was in reference to acts and they are not habitual. However, I agree that if we want to say attaining a driver’s license while your license is suspended is an idiotic act, then I totally agree. However, we do not know how attorney is defending him. I do not know if there is an admission on Joe’s part. I don’t think there is because his brother received 10 days in jail + suspension + counseling. I think Joe is denying the act, which is possible. There could be a screw-up at DMV itself. I am not saying… Read more »
Lee Bassett
Lee Bassett

Yeah…let’s save the idiot and stupid references for Joe – the “true” idiot. And the habitual comment can be used for him doing dumb things that break the law over and over.

Jennifer

You cannot use reports that Joe Giudice was driving as probable cause for the arrest. The arrest was due to his brother being pulled over for at a routine stop. There was no mention of police pulling over Joe Giudice with a fake driver’s license, if there was then it would part of a separate area of the indictment. Right now there is only speculation that he use it and I firmly believe he did. However, when you don’t have that in evidence there is no grounds for that as part of the criminal indictment.

Jennifer

FYI, MaryC I was responding mostly to Mike and not to you. The person pulled over was not Joe Giudice, but his brother and it was at a routine stop and for speeding.

and not for speeding.

MaryC

I’m pretty sure he was stopped in Lincoln Park,NJ. Very viligent police dept. Small town,next to Towaco/Montville (where they live). Not unheard of to be stopped there,especially when you are driving over the speed limit. The Manzo’s didn’t alert them,lol.

Kija
Kija

The prosecutor is going for a long sentence. The plea bargain offered was five years in prison. That is ridiculous.

JoJoLaMa
JoJoLaMa

Off subject – I love Teresa in that suit.

2tall4u2
2tall4u2

Lock him up for the maximum sentence. I want him behind bars. He’s a thief, liar and a fraud. He needs to serve time and frankly, Teresa is lucky her azz isn’t joining him for bankruptcy fraud. She’s luck she dropped the bankruptcy proceedings and was forced to repay the 11.5 million dollars they owe. smh

JoJoLaMa
JoJoLaMa

You seem awfully angry and personally invested over a situation that has nothing to do with you. I think most ppl agree he ought to be punished somehow. I don’t think I’ve read one comment that suggested he deserves to get off scott-free, just that 10 yrs might be excessive. Also, I think most ppl ( at least on here ) are not in fact Teresa and Juicy disciples who believe they cannot or have not done anything wrong. Most ppl are upset by the HYPOCRISY of the other ladies and by BRAVO’S business practices.

Jennifer

Totally agree with you JoJoLaMa.

kate
kate

oh of course – shift the blame! just like loser & noforehead

Annabelle
Annabelle
Thanks for posting this article. I was wondering the status of the case. Joe Giudice thinks he is above the law & he deserves jail time, community service & then parole for a few years. He got caught this time! Ooops. It would have happened eventually. You do the crime (in this case CRIMES), you pay the time. I doubt he’ll serve 10 years but he needs at least a year behind bars. What a selfish, arrogant man to do this to his wife & children however ppl make mistakes & hopefully he will learn from these after he pays… Read more »
Grammy8
Grammy8
Personally, I feel 30-60 days of house arrest with an ankle bracelet is enough for this. I, personally feel like Teresa and Joe’s parents will be there for her in full force if he does go to jail. I just don’t think sending a father to jail for this type of crime for that length of time benefits anyone. His girls will see him being punished and learn a lesson and believe me, house arrest with 4 kids will be no picnic. I do believe he should be punished. He did the crime, he should do some time. The question… Read more »
pinkie
pinkie

Grammy I agree, and do not apologize for doing so.

bhurst girl
bhurst girl
Here is my professional assumption. Again, it is just an assumption. I don’t know anyone or anything about this case except what I have read above. They are going to led him plead down due to the fact that the prosecutor knows he can’t get a fair jury trial anywhere in NJ. Due to the fact that the prosecutor knows this, he will offer him the least amount of time allowed by law, perhaps even time served with probation. His license will be revoked for a number of years, or even permanantly, and everyone will go home. That’s why the… Read more »
Jelly
Jelly

I am pretty sure they have the ability to have a case without a jury, that seems possible (I thought I have heard of that happening before.)

Jelly,

You can have a en banc trial which means without a jury, but that is only with the consent of defendant. The defendant is entitle to trial by jury it is not in the purview of the prosecution.

Me
Me

Gotta love the law. Yes, you can get less time for molesting a child. Ridiculous!

jerseygirl
jerseygirl

I’m stuck on the number 39. How in the hell does someone rack up 39 points?
Joe, that is NOT ok!!! People lose loved ones in accidents from careless driver’s all the time.
He doesn’t deserve to go to prison for 10 years, but I think some jail time is in order if only to scare the sh*t out of him. And personally I think he should do community service at the county morgue. Getting up close and personal with the result of car accidents might be a good way to get him to drive more carefully.

MaryC

I know,39 pts ! Who would insure him ? And holy cow,can you imagine what he pays ?

Cara
Cara

Mary, that’s an interesting question. Who WOULD insure him??? Unless the vehicles are all registered in Teresa’s name…

Jennifer

They are required insurance companies for even people with 39 pts. But, I don’t think this is 39 active points otherwise he would have been under a longer suspension.

Me
Me

I am sure his wife has a license and can get insurance where she doesn’t really need to list him as a driver. They have enough money to pay for damages when they occur.

MaryC

I’m in NJ and have NJ Manufacturers. They asked me who resides with me. Thought it was standard.

MaryC

I think picking up trash along Rt 80 in an orange jump suit is fair. I think he needs to be embarrassed to be humbled.I don’t think the morgue would get to him.

Annabelle
Annabelle

MaryC, Yes that would be great community service for Joe in addition to his jail time.

Tiff
Tiff

I really hope Joe doesnt “go away” for years…thats just stupid! There are other ways to deal with his crimes than making the taxpayers and his family ultimately pay for them. I honestly think one year or 18mo plus community service and parole would be enough. Make it hard on him not everyone else. Saying that….I hope Tre and the girls have family and friends that will stand by and support them emotionally while he is gone. The witches on the show sure wont be there for them…that we all know!

Calzoned
Calzoned

Tiff, I share your concerns about Joe’s family. They’ll be affected by his conviction in ways that will change the course of their lives.

Nobody is above the law, and sometimes, rock bottom is the only thing that will convince someone that they need to make huge, life changes. I also hope that if convictions are handed down in the Signature Apparel lawsuit, the Lauritas have a strong support system in place, as well. If they’re guilty, Chris, Jacqueline et al should be prepared to pay the price for their actions, too.

pinkie
pinkie

If Juicy gets time.
Then,,,,

Lauritas should get jail time and Al Manzo should have gotten jail for scamming for Health Insurance.

If the Laurita charges stick, it is the biggest fraud of the three.

MaryC

Tiff, I think a couple might do him good.Mandatory cc in Irvington or Newark,NJ. He needs to see how some people that don’t have what he has lives. Maybe a little hard labor,picking up trash along RT 80 will humble him.

Jennifer
Mary C, All venues within the NJ have the same guidelines. They cannot have different guidelines and that is from the Supreme Court of New Jersey. All lesser courts of the state must abide by the guideliens of the highest court in NJ it is the Supreme Court of NJ, which in NY it is the NY Court of Appeals. The Legislature in NJ the Assembly provides the guideline. We do not have mandatory sentencing for traffic and fraud cases. NJ allows for both Prosecutorial and Judicial discretion. Even in drug cases NJ has eliminated most of their mandatory sentencing… Read more »
MaryC

Thanks for posting the info ! I think he NEEDS to be locked up for a year. My wish is that he does his community service (typo in my last comment cc) and is humbled by it. People are suggesting house arrest,but this is a man who breaks rules/laws right and left. My SIL went to school with him (her bff dated Pete),he hasn’t changed,lol. Not a bad guy, just arrogant.

Jennifer
Mary C, I understand your belief, but we only see this side. He won’t get a year in prison. Even the deal that the prosecutor gave was not really 5 years…the second part is the most interesting is “with no restrictions on when he would become eligible for parole” When the prosecution write that in parole can come even 30 days later. That is when you receive suspended sentencing. You have your client plead to the plead charge and negotiate on suspension which the prosecution would ask for during sentencing. The thing is a one full year for identify theft… Read more »
Annabelle
Annabelle

Jennifer, this is excellent, thanks for posting this! You should snapshot your prediction here & see how close you are if/when the actual plea deal is announced!!

Jennifer

Why the 7 works to 9 is jail time served pre-trial usually works like this 1day + 1/4 day and you round up.

Jennifer

He could get more, but there will be some jail. It won’t be house arrest. I have never seen house arrest for fraud cases. It would defeat the purpose.

Tiff
Tiff

I agree ,Mary, he needs pay for what he has done …just not 10yr or more.

MaryC

To add to my above comment…The Jersey families ALL have some secrets ! Some are smart enough to stay under the radar,some are too stupid (arrogant). All is good now, but sooner or later someone will turn on you. All it takes is ONE person to spill and the rumors start.

MaryC

Joe is very cocky (and always was),but he’s not a terrible guy. Did he know what he was doing? Absolutely ! He risked a lot and lost,now he’s got to pay. I get he doesn’t want to be a rat,but his excuses are ridicules. In NJ,to replace a license you need your birth certificate/ss card/marriage certificate, how did he take that from Pete without him knowing. He’s gotten away with a lot of “stuff”,now he pays.Hard for the kids,but she’ll be fine. She has a good support system. Joe needs to go “away” as we say in Jersey 🙂

anne
anne
I’m sorry its about time the giudices’ take some responsibility and own what they do! What is he gonna try to get off an a technicality for it being mentioned on the show!? they told the world in gossip magazines..and then she acts all offended when a fan mentions the problems at a book signing!? Plz! And joe 39 points!? This is not some random thing, this is Joe contstantly breaking laws like they don’t apply to him! When they were so absorbed with danielle and her life and what she’s doing etc,etc they should have been worrying about their… Read more »
Lee Bassett
Lee Bassett

I completely agree with you Anne.

Annabelle
Annabelle

Hooray Anne! You said exactly what I was thinking. Joe has had this attitude since S1 that he was above the law. He got caught THIS TIME & now must pay for his crimes. 39 points is serious. Regardless if it was non-violent in nature he deserves some jail time & community service. I also agree w/you about Teresa’s lack of discipline skills but that can be fixed. Joe needs to serve his time while Teresa betters herself & her girls. Then Teresa can decide if she wants to carry on a relationship w/an ex-convict.

Jennifer

It depends on the plea arrangement. This could be treated as a misdemeanor, which is not a felony so he wouldn’t be a convict. But, that is going to based on the final plea arrangement.

Bethany
Bethany
I think Teresa is too “old school” for a divorce even if she realizes her life would be better without him while he was away. I’m not saying her life would be better without him, because he could come out a humbled man and treat her the way she deserves to be treated. I’m 100% Team Teresa, but as a wife I know I’m not always easy to live with (just as most couples – sometimes our spouses get on our nerves, because no 1 is perfect) and I’m sure she isn’t always easy to live with either. They’ve had… Read more »
ME
ME

No thats bs ive heard her discipline them and she is not being a friend she is being LOVING to her kids, you dont know how they will turn out so dont speak.

Flowers
Flowers

It is ridiculous and a waste of tax payers money to put him in jail. Jail should be for violent offenses and not something like this. Fine him, put him on house arrest, but to jail him is really stupid.

MaryC

I’m from NJ,I’m good with contributing to his stay in jail. He can’t be trusted on house arrest. He needs to be confined with NO freedom for at least 18 months,IMO.

Mego the lying stripper
Mego the lying stripper

That sounds reasonable to me.

RahRah

I still admire Joe, he took a risk and he got caught. Why did he take the risk, to get back and forth to the pizzeria and apparently that is why the pizzeria was shuttered no transportation. I would think NJ issued hardship licenses so that their citizens in similar positions could get a limited driver’s licenses just to travel to and from work on.

Lee Bassett
Lee Bassett

Admire Joe…LOL. The idiot collects all these points for numerous offenses including DUI then because of it commits fraud and should be admired. Only in America I guess.

Jennifer

There are no points in NJ for DUI. It is a traffic offense. He likely or the suspension for pleading to the DUI.

bhurst girl
bhurst girl
I am almost positive that NJ does issue hardship licenses, however I also think that with 39 points on his license and a DWI no judge in their right mind would agree to it. I’m truly sorry for T with all of this but the truth is, if he got 39 points worth of convictions on his license, apparently he didn’t think the rules applied to him, and how much did he get away with… It’s not like he made a mistake once and they’re being hard on him…his alleged stealing of his brother’s ID is just another instance of… Read more »
Anacapri
Anacapri

Gia is NOT a mess-you are. How dare you bash a lillte kid? Stop it.

bhurst girl
bhurst girl

I will say it again…I WAS NOT BASHING GIA….I MISSPOKE….oh, hell, why am I even trying to argue the point….take your pints of blood, and I dare you to look through every post here and find mine and tell me if at any time any where in any way I was against T, J and the kids or if, really, I just misspoke this time.

pinkie
pinkie
Kids do feel the stress of what is going on.. But this is true for every family. I think what is going on w/the Guidices is a shame because they are a good family who is getting a bad rap. No one is claiming anyone is perfect or evil. But prosecutors LOVE to find targets to make examples of. Bravo just HAD to make shit comments about it on the reunion and then in Season 4. WTF they think they are? And then Tres’ brother and SIL,, eww I can’t stand those two. Gia is half grown sensitive and smart.… Read more »
realgirlfriend
realgirlfriend
Who wonders why Gia is a mess? Not me and not alot of people, Gia isn’t a mess, she is 10. What were you like when you were 10? Were u on a successful gymnastics and dance team, were you getting straight A’s in school? Were you in a music video? Probably not, but neither was I. Gia is a little Teresa, and her mom is an example that I would want to look up to, she before the show was a loving wife and mother, that grew up with traditional old italian values. Now yes her mom may be… Read more »
Bethany
Bethany

When I saw the “Gia Meltdown” scene, I chalked it up to her being overly tired, in a stressful situation and puberty. (Although, Gia was right. They did cheat.) I was annoyed at Caroline’s comment that “Teresa was teaching her the wrong thing” for so many different reasons. How many of us have been in an ackward situation when our child misbehaved? A lot of us and it’s stressful enough without cameras rolling on top of it. Your real friends know how to deal with it properly and not how Jac and Caroline did.

bhurst girl
bhurst girl
Whoa, backup girls, I’m on your side…I’m not battering Gia nor am I maligning anyones parenting. My only point, and maybe I didn’t express myself correctly, and if not, sorry, is that Gia because she is the oldest hears and understands whats going on around her. Sheesh… Yes I said she was a mess, OK, used the wrong words… I wasn’t specifically referring to the field day thing, but also the fact that her uncle pulled her into that awful conversation, and that she was aware of other things she heard her dad say and responded to in one car… Read more »
Bethany
Bethany

Also, none of us had or are the perfect parent, so we have no right to judge other people’s parenting. Especially, on tv, because we’re not seeing every minute of everyday only what is edited in. As adults, we all have good days and bad and kids do to.

Helen Wheels
Helen Wheels

Real girlfriend,

You took the words right out of my mouth. The only thing to wonder about here is someone saying “…Gia is a mess.”

Indigo
Indigo

Completely agree. Leave the children out of it.

Jennifer
NJ has no hardship license for DUI or DWI. DUI or DWI carry no points in NJ. DUI is a traffic violation. It is not criminal in NJ, which is one of the few states that still has it that way. There is no arrest with a DUI because there is no finger printing, that is the big difference arrests. It may seem as if Joe was arrested for DUI because of the handcuffs, but it is not an arrest it is not criminal. The criminal charges are fraud, misrep,etc for the fake license and driving while suspended license. Now… Read more »
Daisy33
Daisy33

This is soo absurd! You can kill Michael Jackson and only get 2 years max & Joe is facing 10 years! America, we have the best judicial system…yeah right, only in America!

Laurie
Laurie

He deserves maybe 30 days in jail, counseling and and parole for two years at best. House arrest is a fair option, too. Give him his own license back and he won’t have ‘borrow’ another. 🙂

Jennifer

He might get like six month to a year which works out on the lesser sentence with the week in jail he served to 81 days with good behavior. Fines likely about 2-5k and suspension of license for 2 years.

Bethany
Bethany
I didn’t read the article yet. I’m just going off of other people’s comments and what I remember about this. I could be totally wrong, but I think they are considering this a big offence, because of 9/11. Had he been someone else and done something really bad everyone here would agree to a stiffer penalty. I’m also wondering if, because he is somewhat well known they are looking to make an example of him. Even though I don’t think many people do what he did. IMO he should get the equavalent sentence of a person with priors under the… Read more »
Indigo
Indigo

I disagree with him being treated the same as someone under 21 with priors because he’s a full blown adult and should know better. But I agree with Jennifer above 60-90s works fine.

Say What??
Say What??

Lots of people do the fake I.D. At least they use to back when i was in college. Its how underage people get fake I.D.s to get into bars. Everyone i knew in college had one! This was back when they didnt keep the pictures in a database though and the IDs were never used for driving, bank accounts etc. I think idenity theft has evolved so much that they HAD to put stiffer laws into effect and he is just stuck in the net.

Jennifer

It is different fake ID. If he went into DMV and brought several pieces of ID to get a real driver’s license it fraud (identify theft are of fraud).

jerseygirl
jerseygirl

You make a great point. Let’s hope the judge and jury remember the spirit of the law when they sentence him instead of trying to make an example out of him because he’s on tv.

Jennifer

There is no jury yet. This is in the pre- trial phase.

ME
ME
THEY ARE ALL SPEAKING OPENLY ABOUT TERESA AND JOE’S CASES ON CAMERA WHEN THEY NEED TO KEEP THEIR MOUTHS SHUT. THEY ARE WORST THAN RATS BECAUSE THEY WERE FRIENDS AND ARE FAMILY. MELISSA AND JOE SHOULD HANG THEIR HEADS IN SHAME! OLD SCHOOL ITALIANS KNOW TO KEEP THEIR MOUTHS SHUT ABOUT COURT CASES ESPECIALLY IF THEIR ARENT THEIR OWN. CANT WAIT FOR KARMA TO CRASH DOWN ALL OF THEIR GLASS HOUSES SINCE THEY ALL HAVE OPEN CASES. DISGUSTING CLASSLESS FAME WHORES.IF I HEAR ANDY COHEN AT THE REUNION TALK ABOUT T COURT CASES AGAIN WITHOUT ADRESSING THE OTHERS I WILL… Read more »
pinkie
pinkie

you are correct,, Bravo should not discuss this case ,, S3 reunion,,, was awful.. you know Little Andy was the worst. I wish woe unto him for that.

Mego the lying stripper
Mego the lying stripper

me, too.

sharon
sharon

Wow..39 Points..how many can you have and still drive? I do wish him the best. I agree he broke the law a few times and that’s how he got 39 points. I hope he gets house arrest before jail time.

Say What??
Say What??

I thought you were suspended after 10 pts! Obviously im wrong LOL Or maybe these points accumulated with the accident? 10pts for DUI, 6 for leaving the scene of an accident. 6 for speeding which caused the accident etc..

Jennifer

After 12 you start to have problems in NJ.

Indigo
Indigo

In NY it’s 18 pts….

Kija
Kija
It seems that he is being over-charged and the prosecution is seeking too much jail time because he is a celebrity. Celebrity can cut both ways, getting people swag, good seats at a restaurant and so on, but sometimes it is an ambitious prosecutors ticket to publicity and advancement as seems to be the case here. Eager to prove that they are not influenced or intimidated by celebrity, they go too far in the other direction. I agree that if he did the crime, he should not get away with it and could expect community service, house arrest, 30 days,… Read more »
Jennifer

He is being overcharged, but the prosecutor needs to make it look like he is standing firm with a celebrity. It is a doubled-edged sword.

Annah
Annah
I’ve thought about how I would feel if this was just some random guy and not Joe Giudice and my feelings are the same. The jails are so over crowded and it is the tax payers who pay to keep these people with food, shelter, programs, schooling, medical expenses and recreation. I think house arrest would be best, let him pay his own expenses while a prisoner in his own house. After his house arrest, force him to do community services, put him in a position where HE has to deal with the repercussions of other people who have committed… Read more »
Say What??
Say What??
When the idenity theft law was put in effect im sure it was intended for people who were stealing idenities with credit cards, jobs, bank accounts etc.. It reminds me of case where a high school kid who was 18 and in his senior year was caught having sex with his 16 year old gf who was a JR… He was arrested on for child abuse and other various crimes for having teenage consentual sex! He lost his football scholorship when he was sent to prison for 3 years. This kids life was destroyed on a technicality and he has… Read more »
Raynia
Raynia

What he did is of course bad but come on now its worse me out (I.e. Melissa) I’m just joking but no really probation would be just fine. Itsnot that serious its not like he’s robbing people or killing.

I wish them the best ill pray for them 🙂