Phaedra Parks Involved In Scandal? Does She Have A Criminal Past? UPDATE: Phaedra Responds

March 15, 2012 |By Continue Reading

Looks like Phaedra Parks former friend isn’t to happy with her and decided to run a story about her and say that Phaedra is involved in some criminal conspiracy! Angela Stanton claims she was former good friends with Phaedra and alleges Phaedra was also in on insurance fraud and the auto title scam. Angela spoke exclusively to Vibe where she gives exclusive details on all the involvement with Phaedra.

If you can’t watch the video, here are a few of the things Angela said:
“After about a year or so, I guess she became a little more comfortable with our relationship and that’s when she introduced me to Apollo. Once she introduced me to Apollo, it was strictly a business relationship that the two of them had. And at that time, they were making fraudulent insurance checks.”

“I ended up catching a charge and going away to prison. On my first trip to prison, I only did four months, but while I was away at prison, Apollo had also got arrested. So when he got arrested. I finally got out after doing my four months, Phaedra and I got back together again and we were all involved in a federal racketeering scheme against the federal government.”

“Stealing Porches, Hummers, Cadillacs, Corvettes, any hot whip at that time, we had it! We would basically go to the car lot and write down the VIN numbers of the vehicles that we felt as if we wanted to keep or would make a good sale.“

I don’t know if I believe this but then again I don’t think Angela could just make this up knowing that Phaedra is a successful lawyer! Phaedra was questioned by many after she married ex-convict Apollo Nida for his involvement in an auto title scheme and if this story is true now we know why she married him. Not only is Angela speaking to Vibe but she is publishing a book called ‘Lies of a Real House Wife: Tell The Truth And Shame The Devil’ Angela did come out of the blue with this story and I think if it was true Phaedra would do a better job of shutting her up so she can avoid this. What do you think? Do you believe Angela

UPDATE: Phaedra Responds via twitter on her “former friends” accusations saying, “The Interview circulating is a lie. My attorneys @bjbernsein & @LlinWood will deal with this false and defamatory interview swiftly”

Tags: ,

Category: Phaedra Parks, RHOA

Sort by:   Newest | Oldest
jean price
jean price
Two babies involved,and their father at risk of doing enough time in jail to not be a father to them during their growing years? Sad commentary for Apollo Parks. Now you’re got cut throats trying to involve Phaedra in being quilty of crimes?-what scum bags people are,to wish the babies to lose their mother too. Anyway it’s not going to happen,that Phaedra will be included in any criminal charges, that’s for sure. I hope for the sake of their family, that the worst that happens is that Apollo is found innocent, or is found to be only minimally involved in… Read more »
Gerald Cole
Gerald Cole

No way in the world she could be involved in a Federal Racketeering case and no charges are made against Phaedra if she were involved. Too many people are involved and trust me, somebody is ALWAYS going to snitch to save their own ass. As far as Phaedra marrying Apollo AFTER he got out of jail, if he were protecting her from being testified against by HIM, he would’ve married her BEFORE going to trial, not after. This sounds like somebody looking for their fifteen minutes of fame and using Phaedra Parks as their timepiece. IMHO

Schelita
Schelita

Ms. Stanton should start with a lie dector test so people can take her story seriously. This could be 100% true. Let’s wait and see how this plays out. It may be another case where reality actually shows up on a reality show. Remember Jr on Mobwives? Just wait a little, we all might be surprised.

THEEE SB
THEEE SB

PHAEDRA IS ANNPYING

Buck Henry
Buck Henry
I’ll answer all of this, she did defend him and/or help him. If you check Apollo’s rap sheet he was supposed to do 18 years federal but he was “paroled” in 5 years. The Federal system doesn’t parole that early, they tend to want you to do 85% of the time. The Federal prosecutor (prosecutor mind you) have to petition the court to get your time reduced and sometimes the court won’t do it. So for the Federal prosecutor to have did this for him, what did he do for the prosecutor? I bet anything that he rolled on some… Read more »
Helen Wheels
Helen Wheels
You can’t get parole for federally-convicted felons, only state convictions. I think the important point to start at is to find out who Ms. Stanton’s publisher is. If it is an established publishing house you can be sure there was a vetting process before anything went to print. Now if it is self-published the waters become murkier. I have tried to find out for certain who is publishing it but so far, no luck. I can tell you that it is not for sale on Amazon which could lead to the presumption it is not an established publishing house. The… Read more »
Buck Henry
Buck Henry

Thats right, he was federal but got paroled or time knocked down to only 5 years. As I stated before they only do that only when people give up other crimes.

The plot thickens, lol! Im interested to find out the outcome of this!!

love28
love28

This can’t be true, all the people doing this was investigated and put away. Apollo included. If Phaedra was working with them she would’ve been busted too. I think this woman saw a chance to cash in on ruining Phaedra. How scummy..

Margie
Margie

agree. I’m not buying it.

JD
JD

OK, This is very SERIOUS, because her law license can be revoked/disbarment. I hope this is not TRUE, because it would TRULY affect her life. BTW the lady in the story claimed that Phaedra did not defend her in court, well did she defend Apollo in court…i don’t think so.

Kija
Kija
She would have the details for these crimes because she was arrested and convicted of these crimes. She can describe them and simply add Phaedra to the list. If it were true, she would have turned state’s evidence against Phaedra for a lesser sentence – since the government would always go after a lawyer committing a crime over a regular criminal. As to Phaedra marrying Apollo. People in the African American community are well aware that black people are over policed, arrested and sentenced far more often than whites and receive heavier sentences. Despite drug use being slightly higher among… Read more »
Renee
Renee

Its called LIBEL..Surely Phaedra would have stopped this from happening.

R8dernationbby
R8dernationbby

I agree about having no shame in marrying an ex con but I do disagree with tagging that many could be innocent due to over policing. We have a saying…you do the crime do the time. The key for us all..DONT do the crime. That way there’s nothing to worry about. I would be shocked to find out P’haedra was involved she is smart and successful.someone I actually admire for obtaining her position.

Kija
Kija

Police arrest blacks for minor offense for which whites are let off with a warning. However, the greatest disparity is the fault of the prosecuting attorneys who offer diversion programs, community service and other plea deals to whites in greater frequency than they are offered to blacks. Whites are charged with lesser crimes for the same offenses.

Remember Apollo being pulled over because he supposedly looked like some suspect in a crime or DWB? http://heinonlinebackup.com/hol-cgi-bin/get_pdf.cgi?handle=hein.journals/hcrcl44&section=5

Liz
Liz

It’s a sad truth, we all need to be reminded of (or educated on) thanks for posting.

JD
JD

Well said…

Margie
Margie

I don’t think Phaedra is dumb enough to go on RHOA is she had this skeleton in her closet. It sounds like this woman has an ax to grind.
But I bet Sheree is running all over town talking this story up.

Helen Wheels
Helen Wheels

Ever hear of Danielle Staub?

Nuff said?

Hilarious!!! D.S..Omg, no u didn’t!

Margie
Margie

Oh yes, never missed a NJ episode. Just my opinion but I think Danielle was both dumb and kinda nuts. I don’t think Phaedra is either one.

Nyleve1024
Nyleve1024

Im writing a tell all book too…..let me see, I’ll pick Lisa Vanderpump and the most popular housewife out each city make up crap and whala instant NY Times best seller. I dont doubt this woman knows Phaedra, but why now! Gotta give to her for going for her 15 minutes…she reeled us all in!!!!!!

DJ
DJ

Great Post! I agree. Anyone can say ANYTHING about anyone. Lets not jump to conclusions. The chick may be looking for her 15 min. I love Phaedra, and don’t believe this until proven otherwise.

Indygirl
Indygirl

Attorneys don’t usually make A habit of marrying ex-cons. I’ve always wondered about that relationship. Now it is starting to make sense.

JD
JD

Yeah, they go for STRIPPERS ONLY

dubz
dubz

you can’t testify against your spouse….so if she did get caught up in it apollo wouldn’t be able to tell on her

Samantha
Samantha

I kind of believe this. Lawyers are smart. Smart enough to do things like this. And she married Apollo? Wtf was tht all about. She didn’t care about his criminal past bc she was also involved in it

sharon
sharon

I don’t think I believe that. Phaedra is smart and like you said..if it was true..she would have covered this up better.

S.B
S.B

MsViGyal
MsViGyal

OMG this is wwwwwwaaaaayyyyyy to detailed to be false. How does she know all the details? how does she know how to really run the scam. I know people really do lye and do anything to fame i just find it so wierd she has a similar crimincal record with Apollo! TO JUICY THANK YOU ROX!!!!!!

Lindsey
Lindsey

Agreed. At first I figured she was probably just a pissed off former-friend looking to make a name for herself, but in watching the interview, it looks to me like she’s telling the truth. It’s detailed and she’s telling it so easily, I can tell she’s being honest.

JD
JD

” how does she know how to really run the scam”, um scammers RUN their own scams ALL THE TIME

MissVIgyal
MissVIgyal
Here is what i meant. She knows the specifics of how the scam was handled from how they got the VIN numbers to how they made the fake insurance cards. Its a very sophisticated process which BTW it was a ring of people involved who got arrested. It wasn’t just Apollo or one person. This was a group of individuals with various connections that worked together to fraudulently obtain money that was not theirs. Now like i said this is just opinion but i believe this individual was was too connected with Apollo in the past to not have know… Read more »