Caroline Manzo Defends Lisa Lampanelli

February 28, 2012 |By Continue Reading

A few days ago Celebrity Apprentice star Lisa Lampanelli tweeted something very offensive about her costar Lou Ferigno AKA ‘The Hulk!’ Lisa tweeted, “Lou isn’t deaf. His ears are just stupider than the rest of him.” For those who watch Celebrity Apprentice, you know it was very offensive to say especially because Lou didn’t do anything or doesn’t talk to Lisa. I immediately told her off after reading that and yeah I get she’s a comedian but that’s just not funny? We got into a quick twitter fight. Click Here to see if you haven’t already.
Anywho, ever since the stars of Celebrity Apprentice were announced, Caroline has gotten extremely close to Lisa Lampanelli. An AllAboutTRH reader tweeted Caroline saying, “since Lisa is such a great friend of yours, what do you think of her making fun of Lou for his hearing disability? Thoughts?” Caroline responded and said, “I have a brother who is deaf-Lisa has a heart of gold-“

What does Caroline having a brother who is deaf have anything to do with Lisa making fun of Lou Ferigno? I don’t want to make this about anyone else but let’s just say Teresa or Danielle or anyone for that matter made the deaf comment. Do you think Caroline would be okay with it? Because I don’t. I think Caroline would be especially insulted because her brother is deaf. Thoughts?

UPDATE: Lisa thanked Caroline for defending her saying, “Thanks for defending my Lou Ferrigno deaf joke. An insult comic makes fun of ALL, not some. If Lou can’t take it, that’s sad.”

Tags: ,

Category: Caroline Manzo, RHONJ

Koopla
Koopla
caroline likes to laugh at jokes making fun of ppl with disabilities, weight problems and very young children (practically babies) Is anyone as alarmed as I am? She is creepy. But she has a freakin fit when Teresa wrote she was 1/16 italian and made it her mission to TRY and destroy Teresa’s character even though it would hurt and affect Tre’s daughters and parents? Caroline needs medication because something is not right. When I saw the episode of chris organizing a strip carwash I was offended and was waiting for caroline to say something wise but she supported watching… Read more »
Hate-me
Hate-me

Lisa = the living proof that you can make money just by being ugly, fat and a jerk.

Lisa is so fat, her first words were ”oink oink”.

There…I made a joke about how fat Lisa is…oh look at me I’m so smart ! I made fun of someone…oh look at me….I’m so funny !

mm
mm

Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t remember seeing Albie or Chris being too bad on the show. It seems like a couple of times they tried to stay out of the ladies’ drama.

Asshat, Lauren and most of all Greggy (ew I hate even remembering he exists) stick their noses in the drama.

JoJoLaMa
I agree with you. With the exception of a few nasty comments about Teresa in Season 3, they mostly seem like decent young adults. Probably a little spoiled and out of touch, but that’s not their fault. They ( Albie, Chris AND Lauren ) are in a very difficult position. Caroline is their MOTHER after all, which means not only can they not SAY anything negative about her, but I imagine it’s difficult for them to even THINK negative things about her and admit who she really is to themselves in the privacy of their own minds. No one wants… Read more »
pinkie
I appreciate this comment and your insights. The comment about Lauren. ‘not telling her shes beautiful when shes overweight’ was a very disturbing thing to hear a mother say about her daughter, especially on national TV. Caroline should have begged her forgiveness, at least in private. But they act like children who’s mother is a drama queen when it comes to having her way. They do not dare defy or be individuals who do not agree with her. I am sure that the rift between Dina and Caro clown is not helped by Caros refusal to admit she is wrong.
JD
JD

WOW…It’s funny how Caroline view this as a joke, but Teresa saying Caroline is only half Italian (which she is), is ground for war.

JoJoLaMa

I feel like a broken record saying this so much, but it bears repeating, especially to those who aren’t familiar with the real story. They hate Teresa because she supposedly ” stole” their ” business opportunities”. Also, she’s just generally the more marketable one.

Jc
Jc

Wonder how she’ll feel when Lisa makes fun of someone with a learning disability…

JoJoLaMa

Yeah, which will undoubtedly happen soon. I said somewhere else on here, I guarantee LL has no idea who she’s aligning with. She probably just doesn’t care for Teresa and figures aligning with another RHONJ will boost ratings and excitement about the show.

JanShe
JanShe

The show already had great ratings before this stunt.
All of Tre’s 400,+ fans are watching and rooting for her.
L.L.’s ego won’t help her. She is nothing but a crude, vile,
bully. Imagine her thinking she could ever drum up ratings.
LOL

madamedummy
madamedummy

i hate bozomanzo & i hate lisa..
she is NOT funny..her behavior on CA was outrageous ..
gawd ! that dreSsing room tantrum ! LOL had i been velasquez id’ a punched her face in …
before she makes fun of lou ..
(mr .universe 2x and mr. america)
she should take a good long look in the mirror ….
lou is a bodybuilding legend !
shame on her !

JD
JD

I think she has issues with the pretty and strong women in the group.

Omfg
Omfg

Lisa is a pig ans Caroline is her ass!

madamedummy
madamedummy

hahahaaaaaa…….

JoJoLaMa
I think the real question is when is Caroline going to tell her great, close friend Lisa Lampanelli that she needs to lose weight on national television? She did that to her daughter, after all – more than once. If she and LL are really as close as she claims, she should dispense (force) some of that sage (utterly useless) wisdom on her and really whip her into shape. Caroline is the absolute QUEEN of the overly dramatic, hypocritical whine – Lauren Manzo apparently gets brutalized on twitter and elsewhere about her weight. Terrible. Awful. I feel sympathy for her,… Read more »
Nat
Nat

Hey Carolline your son doesn’t have a learning disabilities his brain is just more stupider then the rest of us.

mike
mike

lol

orestes
orestes

For a comedian, Lisa Lampanelli has shown herself to be quite humorless on CA. She seems so hostile to the other women and is unwilling to or incapable of laughing.

madamedummy
madamedummy

soooo true ..
jealous bitches are seldom funny ..
in fact i’m still waiting for someone to laugh …

Margie
Margie

N.O. Not funny. At all. I thought comedy meant something is funny. LL is the one that is sad if she thinks there’s anything funny about saying that.
Really disappointed in Caroline. It would have been better to say nothing than to minimize the hurtfulness of that comment.

pinkie

Caroline is more disgusting than the pig that made the statement originally.

stalina
stalina

carolying is a trash-bag heifer who knows she’s lost almost all popularity and credibility. she is grasping at anything to hold her up from the sewer, but her grip is as greasy as her thinning clown-red hair. lisa lampwhatevs is a horrible axe-wound of a woman, and has revealed herself to be as cruel as she is hard to look at.
let them both eat clams.

Bossman
Bossman

Fake Ass phony Caroline!!!!!!! Its time to move on and take your Fugly clan with you and that Fat Ass Non funny Lisa!!!!!

Jessalina
Jessalina

caroline just needs an excuse to watch CA without admitting she’s watching it for teresa

LOL you are right!!!

Yep.

Rosalie Marie,
Rosalie Marie,

Lisa, what connects you to Caroline? You’re two half asses, together, you make one big ass.

pinkie

you are so right… thing is her children are grown… and Lou has a mother too… so I guess it is only Manzo children who are off limits.

Caroline is hypocritical and obviously biased.

Rosalie Marie,
Rosalie Marie,

As far as I’m concerned, I thought that type of “comedy” making fun and mocking people was out long ago? Lisa, here’s a fun laugh for you, What is the difference between you and a whale? A whale is natural and you’re just a sweaty, smelly, ugly pig. Oink, Oink.

Wise owl
Wise owl

You’re retarded. A pig is natural too. Get off the internet, go read a book.

stalina
stalina

books are on the internet too. and most books suggest that only mean and rotten losers call other people retarded…have you read any of those, wise old owl? …no? just Redbook and WordFind? ah ha.

Nonna Gabi
Nonna Gabi

Caroline is trying to stay relevant. Her comment made no sense.

denise
denise

Caroline doesnt have a problem with the insensitive comment Lisa made-Thats because she didnt make the comment in regards to one of her Perfect Children.She is just classless.

mike
mike

It’s ok to joke about everyone but Caroline and her kids and her fambly.

LifeIsGood
LifeIsGood
I’m not even going to address Caroline’s childish defense of L.L’s deaf “joke” – it’s not worth the keystrokes. However, I was dumbstruck by one of L.L.’s tweets about the incident: “It’s fine to make fun of everyone if it’s a joke. However, if an individual expresses hurt in a rational, calm way, I hear it & address it.” Let’s translate. “Anything I say is OK – no matter how cruel and degrading it is – as long as I consider it a joke. It really doesn’t matter if I’ve knowingly or unknowingly hurt another human being to their core.… Read more »
Someone Who Is Watching
Someone Who Is Watching

Wasn’t it Caroline that couldn’t take a joke written in a cookbook? Come on, shes a brown noser. oops and a clown! Also as long as its okay to joke…. maybe the deaf brother went deaf listening to Caroline…. ha ha (joke not) oh wait maybe this is the brother that won’t speak to her because…… she makes jokes about him being deaf… ha ha (joke not) I think it would be funny to start tweeting deaf jokes about her and her brother bet she be pissed then!

jerseygirl
jerseygirl

A couple of years ago, a friend told me that he and his family have known Caroline Manzo for years. “That Caroline Manzo, she’s a b*tch”. Back then I didn’t believe him, but now, I see exactly what he meant.

We’re all free to choose our friends, but to defend one that has made a horribly insensitive comment? Seriously?

I really hope Caroline no longer has a radio gig dishing out advice.

JD
JD

“I really hope Caroline no longer has a radio gig dishing out advice.” Well you are in luck, now she just disperse her advice on her so called blog.

JoJoLaMa

Yeah, I noticed that. She’s still giving some poor slob advice on their problem on a weekly basis. Who in carnation wants this horrid woman’s advice? Quite frankly, I seriously doubt anyone is really asking. She probably makes up a person and a problem and then answers it.

Jayme
Jayme

Lisa should make a joke about people with learning disabilities, whose mothers still breast feed them.

Then Caroline can say she knows one of those,so it’s ok….but she won’t be laughing.

JanShe
JanShe

LMAO !

Sherri
Sherri

lololololol 🙂

HousewivesFan
HousewivesFan

I’m honestly shocked that none of you picked up on the tweet Lisa sent to Greggy about Teresa two months ago. In the tweet Lisa called Teresa a cunt. How come no one is upset by that tweet?
Just curious…

JoJoLaMa

I never saw that, but it doesn’t surprise me. They’re obviously something to this whole kiss-up-to-LL thing. Caro will do ANYTHING to get to Teresa. Maybe she and Teresa had a falling out, so scavenger Caroline came to pick at the bones. Although LL calling someone a “c*nt” doesn’t necessarily mean she hates them. 🙂

HousewivesFan
HousewivesFan

Sorry, the tweet was from Oct. 8

pinkie

i hadn’t heard about slimeball calling Teresa that. My gosh,,, they are pathetically jealous. I became an uber Teresa fan, based on how others want to bring her down and yet she still keeps going. AND going better than before She is one smart cookie.

Lisa, (get a girdle for goodness sake) Lampanelli please try to get some good PR advice, you need it since you showed your ass is with this one.

lucy
lucy

Caroline…where is your disgust at someone referring to Tre as a cunt…or do you have a brother that is one….

LOL!

T
T

No she is one!! 😉

NYGirl
NYGirl

LOL!

vp
vp
She’s the girl when you say “I’m getting into golf and I really love it” she’s gotta say something extra like: “My uncle’s the godfather of a guy who dated a girl who went to high school with Tiger Woods.” Um, okay. Caroline is one of THOSE WOMEN. If you say something, ANYTHING she’s got something to respond about her. Even as an excuse to her own bad behavior…? She’s just that girl who says she knows EVERYONE and EVERYTHING to whatever you have to say. She’s such an expert. “I have a brother that is deaf.” “I have a… Read more »
smh
smh

Ca is not a comedy show. That was a insult not a joke. It was a insult to the hearing impaired everywhere. Lisa is dead wrong on this. Caroline a idiot to defend that comment by saying she has a deaf brother I hope lisa makes some jokes about caroline. Oh that’s right you can’t joke about caroline or she attacks you and trys to ruin you and your reputation. She has a heart of gold. Isn’t that what she said about teresa when they( weren’t) friends??? Lol

Ladybug
Ladybug

Is this deaf brother of Caroline’s one of her siblings that she doesn’t speak to? Probably, since this is the first we’ve ever heard about him. Caroline is such a disappointment!! She will just use anyone : (

Terry
Terry

Whatever whenever she needs to defend someone she happens to relate to it..Caroline has someone who is deaf, gay, black, asian, hispanic, one legged, too short, too tall, fat, and a friggin astronaut in her Family (basically she will say Anything to defend someone she likes at the moment) Go Scratch Caroline! LOL

madamedummy
madamedummy

ahahaa hilarious …

JoJoLaMa

Okay, this is my last comment on here, promise! 🙂 The whole Manzo family LOOOOOVVVES to talk up this anti-bullying thing. A really quick look at their twitter accounts is sufficient to see what I mean. They never stop talking about it. They’re really, super duper, majorly against bullying, Yes Sir, they are! The irony of their mother being one of the biggest bullies around is apparently lost on them.

Sherri
Sherri

bwahahaha!!!!So TRUE and funny. LOVE IT.

T
T

She only defended Lisa to get to Tre…plain & simple. Caroline is as much as a pathetic fame-whore as Melissa!!

Kija
Kija
There’s two kinds of comedians . There are those who are “truth-tellers’ who tell jokes that show us our own foibles, who make fun of themselves to show us universal truths about humanity and who make fun of and illuminate the hypocrisies and even the evils of those in power. Lisa is not one of those. She is from the opposite school of comedians – the “court jester” who sucks up to the king, so to speak. Who makes fun of those who marginalized and powerless, whose comedy is not designed to make us uncomfortable and to make us think… Read more »
Stacey
Stacey

Caroline is full of it – Lisa may be an insult comic but insulting and making fun of someone’s handicap/disability crosses the line IMO

madamedummy
madamedummy

absolutely ..so true …
ugh ! i can’t stand them ….

JanShe
JanShe

EXACTLY !!! You nailed it, that is my opinion as well.

Patty247
Patty247

Ok ok ok Sooo she turns Teresa’s life upside down because in a book she mentions that she wouldn’t want her kids to work at a strip car wash ” no
One no one talks about my family ” she says yet now we have Lisa making a dumb joke that was not funny and surprising Caroline has a deaf brother and it’s ok …. Fuck you Caroline where’s bigAng she needs to fix her !!!!!

JoJoLaMa
Like I said somewhere else on here, Caroline has perfected the overly dramatic, hypocritical whine. Remember in Season 1 when she told Jac that simply disagreeing with her and Dina on film was going to ” destroy” her parents, but blurting out that Teresa ” didn’t really want to ever make up with ” and ” hated” her brother (which she probably never said) apparently is OKAY. Where is her concern for Mama and Papa Gorga? On the reunion she also said, through tears, gagging and spittle that again, her parents were going to be ” destroyed” by TERESA simply… Read more »