Bethenny Slams Teresa Giudice

February 21, 2012 |By Continue Reading

On Monday night of WWHL Bethenny Frankel was the guest and promoting her show ‘Bethenny Ever After’ that premiered the same day. Andy randomly asked Bethenny what she thought about Teresa’s new wine, ‘Fabellini.’ Instead of being happy for the housewife, Bethenny slammed Teresa and said, “Imitation is the most insincere form of flattery”

Hmm. I don’t think Teresa copied Bethenny regarding the sparkling wine considering Teresa’s hubby Joe has a room dedicated for wine that he makes! A lot of the housewives do similar things doesn’t mean they are copying each other. Bethenny should be happy for another housewife rather then putting her down for making money like she is! Bethenny has came out with several business ventures since being on RHONY so she shouldn’t be mad at Teresa for doing that too. Really disappointed in Bethenny’s immature response. Thoughts?

Tags:

Category: Bethenny Frankel, Teresa Giudice

Gemini
Gemini
1 year 9 months ago

Bethany you want to take credit for the creation of alcohol in general?

Give me a break and grow up!!!! You got lucky Bethany.

bravo
bravo
4 years 12 days ago

Bethenny comes across as very self centered. Maybe her mother was right about her. She does seem to salivate a bit when a new business venture is put on the table. When is it enough?

Ideas are created. Bethenny created an idea for a cocktail. How many cocktails are there? They all started with an idea….so was bethenny copying all the ones that came before her? But not surprising that she would think any that came after her is stealing her thunder. Get a life!

Mary
Mary

You can clearly see Andy put on her on the spot and of course we all know Andy is not fond of Tre. In case you didn’t see the last reunion he drilled her.

I wish them all much success however I hope Bravo is taking a cut from their profits considering they are using the Housewives brand to promote their business.

McH
McH

Ineffective form of flattery, not insincere

McH
McH

B was asked a question in the game plead the fifth she answered she didn’t just say oh T is a copycat…..context people, context she WASN’T slamming anyone

Terri
Terri

Bethany just gives me the creeps – ewe all around.

Triss
Triss

What are most of you people talking about? Poor Teresa? Are you serious? I don’t understand why everyone is forgetting about how Bethenny has a whole Skinny Girl brand and Teresa shows up with a Skinny Italian!? That is probably why Bethenny made that comment, because she is tired of being knocked off by Teresa Giudice.

JanShe
JanShe

Tre used Skinny, not Skinny Girl. Many, many people used Skinny prior to Bethany. Want examples, read all of the above comments.
Geez………..

julie
julie

I love them both but Bethany there is room for more alcohol, it’s not even in the same genre it’s wine, Bethanys is mixed drinks. Different products C’mon Bethanny.

Acb
Acb
I have to say, you kind of took this all out of context though. It was a little game Andy was playing to see if she would “Plead the Fifth” at a bunch of uncomfortable questions to answer. And she didn’t, cause shes Bethenny. Clearly she was very hesitant to answer, and I kind of have to agree with her. No, Bethenny isn’t the only one to have her own alcohol brand, etc, but c’mon. Ramona, Teresa… all doing their own alcoholic drinks, skin care lines, diet books.. it’s getting old. Also I don’t think she “slammed” Teresa. It wasn’t… Read more »
kathy
kathy

Agreed! Lighten up people. You guys sound like a bunch of Tre-tards.
Jeez, have a sense of humor.

Acb
Acb

And she is clearly not bitter! Again- OPINION. And it wasn’t said with malice. It’s funny how such a tiny little remark/sentence can be so blown out of proportion. Watch the video people!

sickofmelissa
sickofmelissa
I watched her show. She was so hyper and complaining through the entire show. She mocked her husband, endlessly complained about the lack of office space. Why doesn’t she just go out and rent office space nearby. I feel sorry for husband, I don’t know how he deals with her negative crap for 24 hours a day. She looked terrible, everything that comes out of her mouth is smutty, raunchy and gross. She keeps blaming her childhood for her behavior. She a 40 year old woman with a family, grow up and take responsibility for your own behavior. She is… Read more »
Rosalie Marie,
Rosalie Marie,

She is now a boring, ungrateful, cold bitch who spews contempt and bitterness. Done with her——————————– Oh I so agree! I don’t watch her show now. If it’s on, I skip the channel. She’s using her husband for a storyline. And, of course her husband is going along with it. It’s all an act just like the lost at sea scene. I can’t believe they are actually going to show that scene knowing everybody knows it was a fake drama scene. As for her so called Doctor, he must be a quack.

Rosalie Marie,
Rosalie Marie,

I hate to say this but Bethenny looks horrible. I would hate to wake up with that. Nasty.

Rosalie Marie,
Rosalie Marie,
Oh gosh, none of these women are running these businesses. Think about it. It takes two years to get a U.S. Patent, copyright and even more than that for a trademark. These women come up with ideas and all of a sudden, POP! The products are patented, produced, stocked and shelved in the biggest department stores in the U.S. These women are ”approached” by companies that manufacture products in China, to stamp their name on a product for a small percentage. When the women are gone, the products are gone. Bethenny I believe had a silent partner and probably had… Read more »
Kim Lies A Lot
Kim Lies A Lot

Stupid Bethenny! You are not the one who invented wine. Obviously yours is not original. And you padded your gross income to make it to the Fortune top list. And that’s why your own mother hates you!

SharShar
SharShar

First off that is a HORRID picture of Bethany omg!
Secondly I think Bethany is just bitter right now since Teresa is doing well with her career and Bethany is out of the limelight at the moment.

Ash
Ash
I agree with the majority that it was a mean-spirited thing to say. Teresa’s wine idea sounds very fitting and she’s always been a main reason for tuning in. I watched Bethenny’s show last night and I have to just vent about some things. I don’t think painting Jason as a villain will help her any – I get she’s upset that everyone thinks he’s perfect and that we don’t see all of his negative qualities (we’re all flawed) but how does it help if the viewers were to turn on him? I don’t get why she was going on… Read more »
bbmac11
bbmac11
Love Bethanny, but her comment was unnecessary. T has had a lot to deal with over the years, & financial woes up the a$$. Her husband put their family in a very precarious circumstance & T is only profiting from her celebrity for her family, cleaning up the mess that Joe made. Why does this warrant such a nasty comment such as from Bethanny, unless there is more to the comment than meets the public eye. Either way, T has showed class throughout the constant shit talk by the old fashioned saying of “if you have nothing nice to say,… Read more »
Kija
Kija
When a friend of mine dislikes another friend of mine, they just have to deal. If they would be so foolish as to ask me to choose, they would be the one left behind. There’s nothing sillier than thinking liking one person means you cannot like someone they are on the outs with. I like Bethenny and Teresa and they are grown women who give as good as they get in their several public spats. This is just one more in a long list of public snubs and snipes that began long ago when Teresa took Jill’s side so fervently.… Read more »
Sharon Lea
Sharon Lea
First off, let me say I really like Teresa. But this feels a little karmic. Maybe Teresa will now see that it’s not fair to say anyone copied her and she has not copied anyone else. Let’s face it, we can count on, in every franchise, some of the women will either launch a cookbook, shoe line, purse line or make-up – it’s a given. No one lady started any of it – companies pitched these ladies and they said yes! And Bravo takes their cut – it’s all about $. They all want to make money, and why not?
Nicole
Nicole

Teresa never said anyone copied her when it came to business. She’s only ever said Melissa copies her (i.e., big hair, loud and gaudy clothes, that annoying screech, etc…)

Sharon Lea
Sharon Lea

Maybe I’m wrong, but I thought she sort of got mad at Kathy for wanting to open a business, or restaurant/catering, maybe do a book. It came up at the reunion. But like I said, I like Teresa a lot, so it’s too bad these ladies make comments.

Nicole
Nicole

Teresa said doing a cook book inspired Kathy to make desserts and go into business with the desserts — not that she was copying her. Teresa also said that if Kathy and Melissa wanted to expand their business, she would have gladly helped them if they had asked instead of going onto the show behind her back to bash her and promote themselves.

JanShe
JanShe

Exactly, you are spot on with your comment.

Laura
Laura

I’ve never liked Bethenny – her attitude, her mannerisms, and her really unattractive jawline really annoyed me. She never seemed to allow herself to be happy, and always made herself a victim. Just like now. Someone else is profiting thanks to an idea remotely related to hers, so now she’s being copied and she wants the world to feel bad for her. I just have never liked her and this confirms my feelings.

Nikki
Nikki

I love this website except for the pro-Teresa and anti-Melissa slant on every story. I’m getting a little bored with how far you have your head up Teresa’s ass.

JD
JD

Trick you know what to do.

Kate
Kate

I haven’t read anything negative about MG on this particular story. But since this particular story pertains directly to Bethenny and Teresa there is of course going to be some pro-Teresa talk. Get over it. If you have a different opinion, no one is keeping you from saying it.

Nikki
Nikki

Kate, thanks sweetheart, but I’ll leave this one alone. I’m already embarrassed that I spend any time at all on a Real Houswives gossip blog. I think I’d have to shoot myself if I invested in arguing with you and becoming a regular poster on here and get sucked in to comment board drama. I am merely letting the blogger know, as a reader, what I would like to see less of. She can take it or leave it and so can you. Thanks and have a swell day.

Lisa Jewel
Lisa Jewel

Bye bye MeHo

JanShe
JanShe

Bye-Bye.
We know that you will be back under your other alias.

mm
mm

Teresa has a bubbly happy sense of humor and Bethenny has a sharp witted snarky sense of humor. They are both hard working businesswomen and I enjoy both of them.

Heidi
Heidi
JMO……I disagree……. I don’t believe for one minute that Bethenny ‘slammed’ Teresa. Andy asked a question that was ‘meant to be’ answered with a snarky response, however, I don’t believe that Bethenny said anything that was derogatory towards Teresa… She made the statement in her ‘usual’ Bethenny manner & dry wit…. She says it the way it is & don’t believe that she went ‘out of her way’ to hurt Teresa…..If you know anything about Bethenny, she’s very outspoken & says exactly what’s on her mind……. BTW, I’m a fan of ‘both’ Bethenny & Teresa for different reasons………
Suzy
Suzy

I know why i like teresa. She is not a hater. She rarely says anything negative about her fellow bravo stars. Bethenny lost me with the Jill thing. She was a friend to Jill when she needed her house in Hamptons and connections. Then she was done….

eleven11
eleven11
I love Bethenny and I’m a pretty consistent reader ( stalker LOL) of all of these blogs and I have to say that this one was one of my favorites until this article. I rarely ever comment but I must say that I think Bethenny said this because there is a little bit of a history here between her and Theresa. When Theresa’s book Skinny Italian came out, Andy Cohen asked her about the comparison with Bethenny’s Skinny Girl line and I’m pretty sure Theresa had something snarky to say about it. Also, there have been a few blog entries… Read more »
DUH
DUH

Thank you! Bethenny came out with 2 healthy cookbooks and Teresa does too. Bethenny comes out with a drink….Teresa goes and does it too. Bethenny has skincare line….you alreayd know the deal. Also, Teresa talked bad about Bethenny since the beginning of rhonj so…GET OVER IT TERESA!

Nicole
Nicole

And how many people did Bethenny copy with her “healthy” cookbooks and drinks? Bethenny apparently thinks that she’s the only one allowed to expand her business/brand and anyone else who writes a cook book or comes out with a drink is copying her. Bitch, please. Bethenny copied previous authors who wrote books on being healthy and skinny. Just like she copied the skinny margarita drinks. They were around before Bethenny ever branded it!

BTW, Bethenny was the first one to bash Teresa in her blogs before Teresa EVER said anything about her.

Kate
Kate

Nicole – I agree.

JD
JD

“Imitation is the most insincere form of flattery” Hey i think the other low cal margaritas on the market WAY before Ms Thing’s Skinny said the same thing…BITCH PLEASE.

JD
JD

That pic…WOW…Skeletor

TheRealMandy
TheRealMandy

I know … gross. She looks like that creature named Gollum from the Lord of the Rings movies.

maggie mammarelli
maggie mammarelli

Gollum….hahahahaha…you are killing me…so true, so true….I don’t care if she wants to stay thin but get a way better makeup artist….(gag)…

Nicole
Nicole

Bethenny is incredibly annoying and hypocritical. Like, don’t get your panties in a bunch Bethenny, especially because you ALSO ripped off other authors’ “Skinny brands.” Teresa’s wine has nothing in common with Bethenny’s alcoholic drinks. Or should all alcoholic beverages that came before SkinnyGirl Margaritas start saying that she’s copying them and it’s ineffective? It’s obvious that Bethenny doesn’t like Teresa so it’s no wonder the she’s going to make a dig at her.

bossman
bossman

Bethenny, you made a big mistake slamming Teresa!!!!! You just proved how jealous you are , the more people like you and those other losers from the house wives of NJ slam teresa, the more we will side with her!!!!

cammierari
cammierari
I love both of these women-but that doesn’t mean they have to love each other! Bethenny is always trying to be funny/snarky. I think that’s where that comment on WWHL came from. She isn’t a fan of Teresa’s…so what. I think Bethenny is the trail blazer in showing ALL the HW’s what the show can do for them in terms of branding and marketing. Bethenny was trying to brand herself before she was a RHW, and the show gave her a bigger platform to do it on. All the other HW’s ARE copying her because they saw the huge success… Read more »
Dianne Larson
Dianne Larson

Disagree totally just because she is a mother/wife first DOES NOT mean she couldn’t care less about being a successful business woman. As a woman I find the above comment degrading at best.

BecandGus
BecandGus

Exactly!!!

BecandGus
BecandGus

Exactly meant to Dianne. : )

cammierari
cammierari
maybe my choice of words was wrong but…degrading?? It’s my opinion, that’s all. I don’t think you’d see T pursuing a business that would take her away from her family a majority of the day. That’s only degrading if you don’t think raising a family and being a full time, stay at home mom is degrading, which I do not. Now that she has a business, I’m sure she wants people to think of her as serious about it, but I don’t think wanting a business was her driving force the way I think it was for Bethenny. For Teresa,… Read more »
Tracey
Tracey

Kathy Wakile has a “Red Velvet Cosmopolitan” coming out soon. Why didn’t Bethenny mention that????

Christina
Christina

WOW! Bethenny looks sick and unhealthy in that picture!